Whos going to T?

Guest paulh_85

Hi Guys, me and the misses have decided to get tickets this year, just hoping someone could answer a few questions to help me understand the place a little better.

Firstly parking, we are travelling up on the thursday by car, but there is no parking tickets available with the website saying you pay when you get there. Does anyone know how much? how much space there is?

then there is where to camp, last year we went to Reading and camped in White, which was furthest away from the arena but the quietest of camps. I guess id be looking for a happy medium this time around, somewhere not too far away, but not in the middle of the complete madness found right by the arena gates. Also, having to make to two trips to the car to gather booze/camping equipement/clothes was quite frankly annoying, whats the distance like between car park and camping area, and is there more than one car park depening on where you are camped?

Whats the weather tend to be like? mid July in Scotland.... my guess is not very good xD

Apologies for the questions, will be good to hear from people who are going/have been

I don't remember paying for parking on arrival, think we bought it in advance. Should be plenty of space though. Obviously the earlier you arrive, the closer you can park.

On Thursday, only certain areas of the campsite are open, usually the ones furthest from the car park - of which there is only one I'm afraid. Once this year's site map is released, you should be able to get a better idea of which areas to camp in to find the happy medium,

It will 100% rain at least once over the weekend. Probably a lot more often. But it can be quite sunny as well at times, so really just pack for all possibilities.

interesting. As we are coming up from wales we are driving up on Wednesday and staying in a hotel somewhere near fife, so should get to the car park in the morning. at least then i can take my time getting everything sorted, last year we got to reading thursday afternoon and after two boat trips i was ready to murder the next person who bumped into me!

looking forward to it, though its taking some planning with hotels needed on the way and way back,

Do NOT plan to make two trips to the carpark. It's miles and you'll have to queue again. Get a trolley and drag it all in one go. I say miles, it can be worse than that. As for camping, You'll be limited to where they let you camp on Thursday, get there as early as possible and pitch higher up on green or purple or similar, WELL AWAY from paths. If the weather gets like 2012 they just turn to mud rivers and then flow into the tents nearby. Car parking tickets will be on sale soon but you can get them on site too. Best get before as if you pay as you arrive and then leave, they'll charge you again. They are c**ts like that. As for the weather, it won't snow.

Do NOT plan to make two trips to the carpark. It's miles and you'll have to queue again. Get a trolley and drag it all in one go. I say miles, it can be worse than that. As for camping, You'll be limited to where they let you camp on Thursday, get there as early as possible and pitch higher up on green or purple or similar, WELL AWAY from paths. If the weather gets like 2012 they just turn to mud rivers and then flow into the tents nearby. Car parking tickets will be on sale soon but you can get them on site too. Best get before as if you pay as you arrive and then leave, they'll charge you again. They are c**ts like that. As for the weather, it won't snow.