Jack White?

ssimpson90

yeah, I doubt if he comes back later this year it'll be just London. I'm screwed wherever he goes tbh as it's a bitch to get back to Aber after any gig outside of Aber itself so will have to wait out for the first train of the day the next morning ever way but I'd rather do that from anywhere other than London as that's a little far for sure!

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you live in Whitby, love that place. One of the nicer seaside towns in Yorkshire haha. Yeah I can imagine it being to be honest!

it is a lovely place to grow up but boring now I'm an adult. Always an absolute effort to go to gigs and such.

Edit to bring us back on topic but also about my hometown. Back in 2006 when The Raconteurs started, apparently they were very nearly booked to play here. That would have been so strange.

Edited by III

seems to be changing up a bit with each set. looks like i'm gonna have to scrub up on my Jack White discography!

He doesn't go on stage with a set list so it could be any of the songs he rehearsed with the band. I think they rehearsed around 40 sounds for the Blunderbuss tour.

He doesn't go on stage with a set list so it could be any of the songs he rehearsed with the band. I think they rehearsed around 40 sounds for the Blunderbuss tour.

that's pretty awesome if true. got a lot of listening ahead of me! slowly familiarising myself with his back catalogue more and more. know a lot more White Stripe songs than i thought

that's pretty awesome if true. got a lot of listening ahead of me! slowly familiarising myself with his back catalogue more and more. know a lot more White Stripe songs than i thought

It is true, he hasn't used setlists since The White Stripes. He used to in the early days.

So hyped for JW!!! Lazaretto, High Ball Stepper, Sixteen Saltines and I'm Shakin' are really top tracks with a real groove. High Ball Stepper is actually really quite heavy and well suited before Metallica.

think he'll start with HBS. But as we've seen it could literally be anything.

think he'll start with HBS. But as we've seen it could literally be anything.

That's the problem for me. I really don't know what stuff to listen to now, as i'm not that familiar with all of his stuff, where as for yourself literally anything that will played you'll know!!

Happy Jack White Day (for Australia)! Off to my local JB Hifi to get the album today. Went for a run along a country road at 6am, lampposts stretching out like festival campsite lights as the sun was coming up listening to Under Great Northern Skies. EXCITED. Really hope he plays Let's Shake Hands and Jolene!

Happy Jack White Day (for Australia)! Off to my local JB Hifi to get the album today. Went for a run along a country road at 6am, lampposts stretching out like festival campsite lights as the sun was coming up listening to Under Great Northern Skies. EXCITED. Really hope he plays Let's Shake Hands and Jolene!

Let's Shake hands would be great but it is so much a Meg White song, mind Hello Operator is too and he does that one and it sounded glorious with a full band.

I've read good reports about Icky Thump with the full band too.

Edited by III

What don't you like? A fair few posters on Littleroom didn't take to it on first listen.

Not sure tbh. It just seems to plod along. It undoubtedly shows off what an accomplished musician he is but I just don't think the songs are much cop.

I was a bit pissed off when I first listened to it though, so I'll give it another go :P