Jack White?

ssimpson90

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite fancy leeds with the new (and smaller than others?) arena...but risking going solo from newcastle? Not sure.

Edit: not the fact of going there solo, just not sure if I'm that bothered to go solo to leeds from newc, haha.

I'm planning on going to uni in Newcastle in September so this'll be what I'm trying to do.

Friday's not good for me regarding tickets; is there a pre-sale anywhere?

I'm planning on going to uni in Newcastle in September so this'll be what I'm trying to do.

Friday's not good for me regarding tickets; is there a pre-sale anywhere?

I'll join you! haha. EDIT: Didn't realise how late the trains ran up that side!

there's an o2 priority one on wednesday, for the London/Leeds dates.

Edited by Dom Wall

I'll join you! haha. EDIT: Didn't realise how late the trains ran up that side!

there's an o2 priority one on wednesday, for the London/Leeds dates.

Yep, I live an hour from my closest city at the moment so I've never been able to catch a train home after a gig, but they run up to around midnight from Leeds to Newcastle I think.

Ah sweet, cheers. Just realised my exams on Wednesday and Friday are both afternoon anyway, so I should be fine for either sale :D

Given it a couple of listens today. I like it, without being blown away. Although it's only a first impression, I get the feeling that it's just another Jack White album rather than being anything special

yeah i get what you mean. after initially being blown away by it (probably more because i had zero expectations for it than anything else), after repeated listens it's just another album to add to his catalogue. definitely not gonna be remembered as one of his great albums, but a good effort

I can appreciate that stand point and I'd say the same about Blunderbuss. That's why they are mid table in my favourite Jack albums.

By the way, if Meg said let's do some more White Stripes stuff, Jack would be on it in a flash, probably writing and recording an album within a month or something.

With every interview it's sounding more and more like a miracle he got her to perform at all.

Edited by III

It's as good as an arena will ever be. And I'd guess he''ll play at least an extra half hour to what he's got at glasto. That plus the frequency of his set list changes means I'm gonna be there.

The setlist could be almost completely different by then :) Edited by III

I'm ok cos on o2 so will do there's but quite often it's a maximum 4 ticket job on presale. No worries.

How o2 has presale tickets for the first direct arena escapes me.

Vault sometimes limits to 2.

Listening to Governor's Ball show right now. Pretty good quality rip I've got from a lovely littleroomer. High Ball Stepper is giving me goosebumps.

Well Hotel Yorba is going to be excellent. Absolute country hoedown still.

Cannon at the end of Sixteen Saltines is awesome. Hope he does Cannon at Glasto, one of my faves.

Edited by III

Really enjoying the new album and getting into blunderbus now as well. As a bit of a non-fan if I was gonna make a compilation cd to accompany these two in my car, what should I put on it?

just go on setlist fm and search Jack White, look at his sets so far this year, click the video link of songs and go from there. See what you like.

That's if you are inteding to see him at Glasto or you are just asking generally.

Edited by III

If you want stuff he's most likely to play, go with White blood cells, Elephant and Icky thump by white Stripes.

If you're wanting his best stuff, go White blood cells, Icky Thump, The White Stripes and also the Raconteurs' first album, broken boy soldiers.

If you like the heavier end of hiss cannon, dead wether's horehound is a belter.

haha I'm not going to respond.

Oh and I've finished listening to Governor's Ball show. All I can say is, we better get icky Thump at Glasto. It sounds unreal with the full band.

Edited by III

Yep, I live an hour from my closest city at the moment so I've never been able to catch a train home after a gig, but they run up to around midnight from Leeds to Newcastle I think.

Ah sweet, cheers. Just realised my exams on Wednesday and Friday are both afternoon anyway, so I should be fine for either sale :D

Yeah, 11.55 from Leeds, changing at York. I'm still debating wether or not to get a ticket, not sure if I fancy it solo!

If you want stuff he's most likely to play, go with White blood cells, Elephant and Icky thump by white Stripes.

If you're wanting his best stuff, go White blood cells, Icky Thump, The White Stripes and also the Raconteurs' first album, broken boy soldiers.

If you like the heavier end of hiss cannon, dead wether's horehound is a belter.

cheers both, i do know some of the more well known songs so i guess the best way to go is to pick the stuff he plays a lot via setlistfm

i had originally decided on watching the pixies instead of jack but the more i listen to him and the more i think about how much i loved kim as a teenager, the more im thinking i cant be arsed to rush over to the other and then back for metallica. Ill use that hour to eat smoke and chill i think :)

Train of thought looking at tour dates;

*clicks page*

"ManchesterManchesterManchester, come onnnnnnnnnnnn, please be a Manchester date!"

*page loads*

"AHA! Yes! Manchester date. Thank you Jesus!..... Oh, balls, that's a shit Manchester in the USA. Where do we have?... London - fuck that, south. Glasgow - fuck that, don't have a passport. Leeds - possible, Tuesday night, too, I don't work Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Nobody will want to travel though, the only person who I might possibly convince is my pal..... Who is moving to Leeds soon! Jack White in Leeds, here I come!"

This evening's insight into GETOFFAMYLAWN's mind was brought to you by The Internet and Boredom.