Jack White?

ssimpson90

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if I want to see Jack at the O2... soulless void of a cavern, with not much chance of a half-decent sound at best

A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you about the sound, but on the last two occasions I've been (Sabbath and NIN) I found it to be excellent, both in volume and clarity.

I find the O2 to be quite good for an arena. The standing area seems quite small as well which is nice. Better than Earls Court!

Got a ticket for the O2 anyway, so with this and Hammersmith I'm considering skipping Jack at Glasto for the Manics again. I'll probably change my mind tomorrow..

Leeds arena is probably the best arena I've been too in terms of size, layout & sound quality. The 02 isn't bad either though.

Earls Court is awful & I'm not bothered that they're pulling it down to be honest.

The worst sound I've heard ever at any gig was for Prince at the O2 - we were up in the gods and everything was delayed and distorted. looks like it might have improved recently.

I hear only good things about Leeds for that size of venue.

Hoping Bristol's proposed arena will be similar design.

And yes Lazaretto is getting better with every play

With most of the musicians being the same as those on blunderbuss, do we think he'll do the same this year as the other and alternate the buzzards and the peacocks in the winter tours?

Interesting to note that Patrick from The Raconteurs plays drums on That Black Bat Licorice. I think Jack is just using a mix of the two now. Sounds as if it's mostly the guys with Lily Mae added in but I'm not totally sure yet.

Setlist from show at Fonda Theatre in LA.

1. Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground

2. High Ball Stepper / "Children Talk To Mother On A Christmas Day"

3. Lazaretto

4. Hotel Yorba

5. Temporary Ground

6. You Know That I Know

7. Missing Pieces

8. You Don't Know What Love Is

9. Cannon / Fell In Love With A Girl / Cannon

10. Three Women

11. Alone In My Home

12. Top Yourself (tease) / We're Gonna Be Friends

13. Top Yourself

14. I'm Slowly Turning Into You

ENCORE

15. Ball and Biscuit (alt. lyrics + Carla on drums)

16. Icky Thump

17. Love Interruption

18. You've Got Her In Your Pocket

19. Steady As She Goes (tease)

20. Little Bird

21. Seven Nation Army

Realised how much I love Entitlement whilst driving to college today. Entitlement into That Black Bat Licorice is a brilliant run.

Although I spent my entire exam with TBBL stuck firmly in my head, which wasn't a great help when trying to think of answers.

Had TBBL on in the car on the way to college this morning too and that riff just doesn't leave my mind once I've heard it haha.

I can't decide on going seating or not at the O2 for Mr White.

I've not had the best times standing at recent Arena gigs, there is hardly any Atmosphere these days and it just normally ends up with tall people congratating around me seeminly. So I figure at least seating is tiered, so should be a decent view and I can to the toilet/bar when I want.

Vault presale only has blocks 101 and 103, 103 seems a bit far away and the seats in 101 are at a dodgey angle towards the stage. (Though 103 was on the aisle and next to 102).

Mhmm

Edited by LondonTom

I never realised there was such slagging for the O2, out of all of the arenas/stadiums/venues in general that I've been to it goes in the top 3 EASILY. Its not just the arena itself, getting too and from it is a piece of piss whether you're going by car or any other mode of transport, and there's plenty of pre-entrance food too.

Why do you guys (the people who don't like it there) not like it so much?

how is it easy to get to in a car, it's almost on an island?

There's one thing I want from a live show, and that is a decent sound. There's no way on earth a space that size, built (built? erected more like) with no thought for acoustics at all, will get a great sound everywhere. If you're close enough it might not be terrible, but it's never going to be great.

Honestly, I've been there 6 times now (every time in a car) and I can safely say it is the easiest venue to get to and from that I have ever been to. It's all set out so well, and well organised. I have not once sat in a queue of cars for longer than 5 minutes waiting to get out. I see what you're saying, but you go practically under it through the tunnel, and back on yourself a little and you're there. Maybe I've just been really lucky every time.

Can't say much for the sound around the whole place as I've only ever been standing, but from where I've been standing every time the sound has been mint.