Jack White?

ssimpson90

Can't say much for the sound around the whole place as I've only ever been standing, but from where I've been standing every time the sound has been mint.

Maybe that's the key - every time I've been I've been in the seats and the sound has been terrible.

Guess it makes sense that it would be better straight down the middle.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we're here, did anyone see the quotes from the guy in Arcade Fire saying how Earl's Court should be saved (or words to that effect). That is one place that should never, ever, have any more concerts.

"We wanted to do Earls Court before they tear it down for condos" aren't really words to that effect.

roundabout city..!!

and then trying to get home, it feels like they built an extra few hundred roundabouts while the show was on

I always say those exact words to my friends and they're always saying "it's not that bad" :suicide:

The amount of roundabouts in Milton Keynes is unbearable, I could never, ever live there.

I know he won't but selfishly I'd be happy for him to play pretty much the whole of 'Lazaretto' at Glastonbury: it's that good and I won't be seeing him anywhere else.

It's not amazing. It's just fairly decent and it's dripping with self-indulgence. The less of it the better for me.

Edited by Superscally

how is it easy to get to in a car, it's almost on an island?

There's one thing I want from a live show, and that is a decent sound. There's no way on earth a space that size, built (built? erected more like) with no thought for acoustics at all, will get a great sound everywhere. If you're close enough it might not be terrible, but it's never going to be great.

While we're here, did anyone see the quotes from the guy in Arcade Fire saying how Earl's Court should be saved (or words to that effect). That is one place that should never, ever, have any more concerts.

I dunno I like it in some ways, the front of the outside faccade is nice....the bars work well ...but my god for the amount of apparently "amazing" shows it has had, its a dive for a music venue.

I wouldn't mind them doing something to redesign the inside abit, put some proper walls up/seperate the upper tier and lower tier properly. Add in lower tier seating etc. Mostly though surely they could do something to improve acoustics in there? They fixed the Roayl Albert Hall :P

The O2 sound is fine enough, I just find it a bit quiet compared to say a band doing Brixton even near the front, you can't "feel" the sound at all. (Actually the best sound I had was when I saw Muse, and we were in the seats "behind" the stage strangely, maybe because they have extra PA's just for the hundred people or so in those seats?)

how much did tickets for the O2 show cost?

£36 for lower tier/standing.......£31 for the gods, where you feel like you might fall to the standing area at any moment :P

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jack-white/2014/mayan-theatre-los-angeles-ca-23c00437.html

Setlist from Mayan Theatre, LA.

Devil's Haircut was covered!

And he started with Icky.

Oh and Cold War Kids have supported both of the LA shows. Would have loved to be there. CWK are one of my favourite bands.

Edited by III

now that the albums been released hopefully he'll start playing some different songs from it - i see he's started playing Alone In My Home which is good, but The Black Bat Licorice and Would You Fight For My Love would be amazing. and hopefully he'll continue leaving out Just One Drink

Which are two of my three stinkers. Seriously, they're gash. Or at least so far divorced from the sound I want to hear emanating from the fretboard and vocal chords of Monsieur White that I'll use them for my "going for a piss" songs on Saturday. Would You Fight For My Love, on the other hand...

Which are two of my three stinkers. Seriously, they're gash. Or at least so far divorced from the sound I want to hear emanating from the fretboard and vocal chords of Monsieur White that I'll use them for my "going for a piss" songs on Saturday. Would You Fight For My Love, on the other hand...

What's your other stinker? Those are probably my two least favourite songs on it.

they are also in the lower half of the album for me but hardly gash.

And I bet your third is Entitlement.

Edited by III

Got my o2 tickets sorted :D Decided on seated in the end, Block 101 :D

I wouldn't say there any stinkers on Lazaretto, its entirely acceptable he does something other than awesome shrieking guitar sounds.

Saying that Lazaretto, High Ball Stepper are easily the best tracks on there. (Though yeah That Black Bat Licorice is rather good to)

If I had to pick my worst songs from it, Want and Able and maybe Temporary Ground/

Now he just needs to start playing it regularly as well as would you fight for my love.

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned as I haven't seen it said but Jack's not touring with the tour bands on this tour due to tour commitments, so it'll be a mixed band on every show :)

Now he just needs to start playing it regularly as well as would you fight for my love.

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned as I haven't seen it said but Jack's not touring with the tour bands on this tour due to tour commitments, so it'll be a mixed band on every show :)

yeah, i kinda thought that would happen. Must have cost him a fortune last tour.