Did anyone use the backdoor entry for Glasonbury tickets this year? If so, where can I find the IP Address easily for the resale on Sunday?

Guest ross_wilson333

Did anyone use the backdoor entry for Glastonbury this year? I can only find info from 2012/2013 online.

I know that you need the IP Address for the other server with less traffic going to it?

Where can I find it? Anyone know of any chatrooms or forums that are useful to find it?

So desperate to go, considered calling Seetickets H.O and ask to speak to their techical guys to see if they will give me the address haha

Thanks in Advance for your help

They are going around somewhere, HOWEVER

I'd definitely recommend against doing it. It was a one time error by seetickets. If you do it now, you'll more than likely reduce your chances, firstly as you'll only be aiming for one server, therefore already halving your chances, and secondly, because the system might recognise it and block you completely, therefore completely ending your chances.

It's unlikely they'll be any "backdoor links", because this one came from a one time mistake, however, if there are, here is the best place to keep an eye on.

They are going around somewhere, HOWEVER

I'd definitely recommend against doing it. It was a one time error by seetickets. If you do it now, you'll more than likely reduce your chances, firstly as you'll only be aiming for one server, therefore already halving your chances, and secondly, because the system might recognise it and block you completely, therefore completely ending your chances.

It's unlikely they'll be any "backdoor links", because this one came from a one time mistake, however, if there are, here is the best place to keep an eye on.

I think there is two IPs though. The standard one that most people get directed to and then another with less traffic. If i PING it, will it not just send back the iP address of the server I am pointed too (which is probably the common one)?

thanks for your help

I think there is two IPs though. The standard one that most people get directed to and then another with less traffic. If i PING it, will it not just send back the iP address of the server I am pointed too (which is probably the common one)?

thanks for your help

Listen to this man - he speaks the truth. :)

If I remember correctly the server in question belonged to a school in the home counties north of London somewhere. And if I also remember correctly that server wasn't used in the sale this year. Editing your hosts files to point it at a server which more than likely won't be used is much worse than doing nothing.

I do have a friend that has done this for at least the last couple of years, as well as this year. Indicating that its not a one off. I think the technique they use is to wait until someone gets through and then use that IP Address over and over again. I think people also post the IP Address on forums/twitter once they have got through etc?

I think you guys may be misinformed. I contacted my friend, who got me an IP Address that his friend used in October and on wednesday. Changed my host file, and got on first try! Im so chuffed! Shows it can be done too! Dont think it is coincidence either as my friend passed it round a few people and it worked for everyone!

Twitter has something to say https://twitter.com/search?q=glasto%20hosts&src=typd

Mostly people being redirected to Putteridge Junior School's address it seems, then one other at the end which doesn't match to the seetickets IP I have and doesn't respond to pings, though neither does the one I have

The new URL says http://194.168.131.174/content/gfl-worthy-view no such thing while official says http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/gfl-worthy-view

Bleh

The only way modifying the hosts file in this way could benefit is if a particular server was idle, either by accident or design. Leaving it idle by design would be counter-productive, and although accidents do happen as in 2012 they're (as in it's happened on a Glasto sale once).

You can still successfully buy tickets by forcing a connection to particular server if it's being used for the sale, but you're cutting down your chances if other servers are being used.