Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone going alone ?

I'm guessing you??

You could try the FIB Facebook page too if you haven't already.

Just to reassure you though, if no-one answers on here, there are plenty of single folks going usually, and even if there aren't you everyone is so friendly you will pick up groups to talk to from when you set off (probably), and if not then defo in the train station in Barcelona (cause the trains are always delayed and there is nothing else to do but chat to other folks!)

Anyone listened to the new Kasabian record? Only one or two decent tracks on there. Really hoping their set isn't full of that album.

Bumblebee is massive. Eez eh, Stevie, Doomsday and S.P.S all decent I think. S.P.S would be a good closing song, more along the lines of L.S.F than Fire. Dont think them closing with Fire.

Love that article about Fat Whites, without listening to them I now like them more because of their views on Alex Turner!!!

I think he sounds like an even bigger cock. I mean, for a start, how hypocritical can you get....

"Saoudi spoke to NME backstage at this year's NME Awards with Austin, Texas at which his band picked up the Philip Hall Radar prize.

Saoudi begins by stating: "I hate awards shows. It's contrary to everything I believe in as an artist and musician. I find it mildly amusing but repulsive because there's all these insiders blowing sugar up each others arses."

Yeah, he hates award shows, and they're contrary to everything he believes in, he says, whilst at an award show to pick up an award. First class bellend if you ask me. Not that you did. Just my opinion....

I think he sounds like an even bigger cock. I mean, for a start, how hypocritical can you get....

"Saoudi spoke to NME backstage at this year's NME Awards with Austin, Texas at which his band picked up the Philip Hall Radar prize.

Saoudi begins by stating: "I hate awards shows. It's contrary to everything I believe in as an artist and musician. I find it mildly amusing but repulsive because there's all these insiders blowing sugar up each others arses."

Yeah, he hates award shows, and they're contrary to everything he believes in, he says, whilst at an award show to pick up an award. First class bellend if you ask me. Not that you did. Just my opinion....

fair enough yeah it is, but that speech of alex turners was an absolute shocker!

Whoevetr said they'd listened to Kasabians new album and it only has 2 good tracks hasn't listened too it.

Fat Whites are one of the bands I'm !most looking forwards too, just decent, unpretentious rock and they ain't afairad of appeasing anyone. Touch the Leather is a good track for anyone looking to hear them, nearest they have to an obvious single.

Have you seen one of the last tweets for today? Someone has asked if the new acts will be announced this week, and again they've said "No. Not this week." Its 2 weeks since they said they'd announce more 'in a few days'. I even had a go at them last week for saying 'in the next few days' the week before and then in the next sentence saying that they don't lie. Here we are 2 weeks later and they are saying no announcements this week either. This is some long 'few days'. Piss poor how they've communicated with customers.

I'm one of the few who's quite happy with the line up, obviously apart from TT, but the whole thing has been non stop bullshit.

Have you seen one of the last tweets for today? Someone has asked if the new acts will be announced this week, and again they've said "No. Not this week." Its 2 weeks since they said they'd announce more 'in a few days'. I even had a go at them last week for saying 'in the next few days' the week before and then in the next sentence saying that they don't lie. Here we are 2 weeks later and they are saying no announcements this week either. This is some long 'few days'. Piss poor how they've communicated with customers.

I'm one of the few who's quite happy with the line up, obviously apart from TT, but the whole thing has been non stop bullshit.

Time of announcements doesn't depend on the festival organizers. You can't blame them they can announce after they get permission from band's manager not sooner not later. That is how booking works.

Time of announcements doesn't depend on the festival organizers. You can't blame them they can announce after they get permission from band's manager not sooner not later. That is how booking works.

So you're telling us to expect bands that haven't been announced at other festivals?

Be fucking realstic man, they haven't finalised booking them. Its clear as day, they're putting it back as they want to get the whole thing sorted before they announce. They've said no more headliners, so who else will really have that power to delay announcements bar headliners

So you're telling us to expect bands that haven't been announced at other festivals?

Be fucking realstic man, they haven't finalised booking them. Its clear as day, they're putting it back as they want to get the whole thing sorted before they announce. They've said no more headliners, so who else will really have that power to delay announcements bar headliners

I didn't say anything about who to expect. I'm saying that they didn't finalised booking process, so they can't announce the bands, thats all. It doesn't matter if it is small or big name or if they have already announced tour or not the process is still the same. They are talking to agencies which represent many bands so it really doesn't matter who are they booking.

Do you think that they have all bands sorted and they're holding the announcements? That doesn't make sense.

I didn't say anything about who to expect. I'm saying that they didn't finalised booking process, so they can't announce the bands, thats all. It doesn't matter if it is small or big name or if they have already announced tour or not the process is still the same. They are talking to agencies which represent many bands so it really doesn't matter who are they booking.

Do you think that they have all bands sorted and they're holding the announcements? That doesn't make sense.

No I'm saying they're waiting for every band to be booked and to make a big announcement, rather than drip feed us bands as and when they're booked, that makes plenty of sense. Why? Because they're at a stage now where they're unlikely to sell a huge amount more tickets off the line up, so want everything done and out there in one neat, tidy release.