Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

I disagree to an extent though, I'm going to see Kanye West at Wireless, I know for a fact a majority of that crowd are going to be bellends.

My favourite band is Oasis, I'm aware if I went to an Oasis gig it'd be full of bellends who snapped up tickets to say they've seen Oasis rather than actual fans.

That's my taste in music, but it doesn't mean that I'm like every other fan that artist has.

If he thinks the Beatles are overrated, thats his opinion, doesn't mean its right, doesn't mean its wrong.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, how ridiculous

I'm actually all for this Beni is not doing fuck all so what harm is there in a bit of debate on the forum, is there a code that says during times of long waits with no announcements the board must sit idol.

I think you're looking at this the wrong way. My 3 favourite acts are The Cure, Bowie & The Smiths. My best friend's 3 favourite groups at the minute are Rudimental, Plan B & Azaelia Banks... Our tastes in music does not mean we cannot be friends, but if people were to look at us they could definitely tell who has what taste in music before we speak.

Original point was you can tell alot about someone from their tastes in music. And you can. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Although everyone does have their guilty pleasures.

I probably worded my post wrong, all my friends that I mentioned above are just like each other, except for their music taste; so their music taste really doesn't tell you anything about them as people.

Obviously it does for some bands; if you like The Courteeners you're likely to be a northern, Stella-swigging oaf who beats up his wife.

Whilst I don't deny that in some situations music taste can sometimes have an impact on your first impression of people, it certainly doesn't tell you a lot about someone's personality. A lot of my friends (yeah I have friends haha how did that happen?) like some of the shittiest music I've ever been exposed to, but that doesn't mean they're not great people.

Anyway, these are not facts they are scenarios.

Also, this:

Look at you trying to articulate a genuine response

They are not facts, no, they are examples or comparable circumstances

No one has said that peoples taste in music makes them an inherently bad person, you just jumped to that conclusion on your own... I never said that all, I said is that you can get a read on people from their taste in music. In the same way you can from the type of cloth they wear or how they style their hair.

Also this:- see response to Muzzy's post

Obviously it does for some bands; if you like The Courteeners you're likely to be a northern, Stella-swigging oaf who beats up his wife.

Wrong, I like the Courteeners and i'm a Turkish ex footballer who has 8 Turkish caps beneath his belt, don't stereotype.

Eh?

snapback.png

Music tastes are all opinions people, welcome to the 21st century.

Haha i never said people were not entitled to their music tastes. People can like whatever the fuck they like.

All I said Is you can tell a lot by someones taste in music.

I probably worded my post wrong, all my friends that I mentioned above are just like each other, except for their music taste; so their music taste really doesn't tell you anything about them as people.

What an absolute load of shit this is. Courteeners are big throughout the UK now and if you are down south and not come across them yet I pity you. Plus Liam Fray is one of the most articulate people about at the minute and has a great fan base of true fans!

As for the other talk who cares what music you like, that doesnt make who you are at all!

Look at you trying to articulate a genuine response

They are not facts, no, they are examples or comparable circumstances

No one has said that peoples taste in music makes them an inherently bad person, you just jumped to that conclusion on your own... I never said that all, I said is that you can get a read on people from their taste in music. In the same way you can from the type of cloth they wear or how they style their hair.

Also this:- see response to Muzzy's post

What on earth are you on about?

You can't look at someone, see they like The Beatles, Oasis and Radiohead then go 'Oh, now I know just what they're like and I'll definitely get on with them'. That's just daft if you do that.

What an absolute load of shit this is. Courteeners are big throughout the UK now and if you are down south and not come across them yet I pity you. Plus Liam Fray is one of the most articulate people about at the minute and has a great fan base of true fans!

As for the other talk who cares what music you like, that doesnt make who you are at all!

They're actually not that big in the south.

I disagree to an extent though, I'm going to see Kanye West at Wireless, I know for a fact a majority of that crowd are going to be bellends.

My favourite band is Oasis, I'm aware if I went to an Oasis gig it'd be full of bellends who snapped up tickets to say they've seen Oasis rather than actual fans.

That's my taste in music, but it doesn't mean that I'm like every other fan that artist has.

If he thinks the Beatles are overrated, thats his opinion, doesn't mean its right, doesn't mean its wrong.

There is a pretty obvious circle starting to develop. No one is saying anyone is right or wrong. There are always exceptions of every rule.

You saying " I know for a fact a majority of that crowd are going to be bellends." How do you know that? Because the people who's taste in music is Kanye West are generally bellends.

You made that assessment on your own Muzzy, based purely on peoples taste in music.

Edited by Mokes

I come from just about as far south as you can get, and I think the courteeners are great. Seen them plenty of times and have all three albums. Not once have I stuck my girlfriend. or anyone for that matter.

No one said what music you like makes you who you are.

Edited by Mokes

nin, black sabbath will do me as headliners

I have emailed them plenty of times asking for Uncle Acid and Sabbath. All they say is we will have good names for you soon. I doubt we will get Sabbath.

Shut the fuck up

Fight me. Giving it the Biggin online bet you'd be shitting yourself in person.

They're actually not that big in the south.

Being the self appointed voice of the south, whilst they're not as big as they're around Manchester they're still a well known band throughout the whole country, playlisted on radio 1 and been high up festival bills.

Just because they're not everyone's favourite band doesn't mean they're not big. Doubt many Beni or similar festival goers don't know their !music