First Time At T

Guest JackLlewelyn

Depends what you mean by best atmosphere really. Blue campsite seemed to be the best for friendly people whilst having a bit of a party but if u want to party right through the night then red camp is for u. Personally as much as i like to stay up for a while after the bands finish i do like some kip before the next day so i stay in blue or in green depending where i can get space.

Make sure u do take a tent that will last possible bad weather as in 2012 i seen far to many abandoned tents when the rain came.

Dont take any glass in to the arena, i think they have even clamped down on it in the campsite for this year after a few people got hit with glass bottles last year. Cans will do!

Depends what you mean by best atmosphere really. Blue campsite seemed to be the best for friendly people whilst having a bit of a party but if u want to party right through the night then red camp is for u. Personally as much as i like to stay up for a while after the bands finish i do like some kip before the next day so i stay in blue or in green depending where i can get space.

Make sure u do take a tent that will last possible bad weather as in 2012 i seen far to many abandoned tents when the rain came.

Dont take any glass in to the arena, i think they have even clamped down on it in the campsite for this year after a few people got hit with glass bottles last year. Cans will do!

I dont think they really check once you are in the campsite in all honesty. Not a lot they can do once everyone is drinking around a tent or even in the tent. If u are worried about them confiscating it on the way into the campsite tho then maybe just put it at the bottom of your camping bag or hide it a bit. If its cans they are less likely to take anything from you if u look 18.

As gingo states though no glass allowed. i knew they had extra searches last year for it.

Red is the closest to the arena entrance as well so usually the place to go for staying up all night. ill be trying for blue again, but failing that ill be happy with green.

See, I was thinking that. If worst comes to worst I'll just scatter my cans round my bags. e.g, some in tent bag, travel bag etc. As for looking 18, its not usually a problem. Tend to by alcohol from a lot of shops in my area just thought with it being a festival it could be stricter.

I like the idea of red to be honest, it's my first ever festival so just looking for one long arse party :P

yeah i dont think they care unless you try and smuggle it into the arena where it will actually affect their alcohol sales. over the years ive came up with plenty of methods to try and get alcohol in to the arena think it depends on pot luck tho. best method is taking an old capri sun carton and pouring wine or vodka into it. bad thing is it gets warm quickly so vodka is best and they allow u to take sealed pop in.

best one ive ever got away with tho was taping a bag of wine to my wifes stomach and putting her rain coat over the top of it claiming she was pregnant. weather was shit that year tho so got away with it

yeah i dont think they care unless you try and smuggle it into the arena where it will actually affect their alcohol sales. over the years ive came up with plenty of methods to try and get alcohol in to the arena think it depends on pot luck tho. best method is taking an old capri sun carton and pouring wine or vodka into it. bad thing is it gets warm quickly so vodka is best and they allow u to take sealed pop in.

best one ive ever got away with tho was taping a bag of wine to my wifes stomach and putting her rain coat over the top of it claiming she was pregnant. weather was shit that year tho so got away with it

It can be difficult to find your tent at times, especially at night / when you've had a few drinks, so before you start drinking, take note of any landmarks near your tent that'll guide you back later.

Be friendly with your camping neighbours, if you watch their back they'll watch yours. Especially if you're a bit younger.

Don't get too obsessed with cramming your bag full of booze. Make space to for food and non-alcoholic drinks. Both are pretty expensive to buy once you're at the festival, so you're better off taking your own. Couple of 2L bottles of juice/fizzy stuff should do you - you can refill it with water - and snacks like cereal bars, chocolate bars, apples should do you for eating. Also a loaf of sliced bread with some squeezy honey/jam is a must for breakfast I find. Don't take oranges, bananas or crisps, as they get squashe/crushed really easily.

If you want to sneak alcohol in to the arena, my advise would be to hide it in some type of fancy dress. As they do Fancy Dress Friday, there's a lot of scope for concealing drinks. In 2011 I put on a gladiators helmet and hid my alcohol in an old hollow plastic sword which had a screw top for some reason.

I'll probably come up with some more later.

The first time I went in 2005 I was 15 and really didn't even look that old. Nobody was really bothered. If you're worried about them finding cans etc just get a couple of empty litre bottles of mineral water and fill with vodka. For smuggling booze into the arena get a roll of medical tape and strap a bag of wine to your stomach to give a decent beer belly effect. Put the pourer into your fly so when you unzip all you need is a cup and you're good to go!

If you're 17 i'd be careful about taking drink into the campsite cause a lot of my friends who were underage got it confiscated last year, best thing is to get someone to take it through security for you and meet them on the other side.

I would but I'd much rather take my own stuff than spend all that money for someone to put a tent up for me. Plus I think I'd rather be among other normal campers. I think I'm going to go red zone, although many people are saying it practically hell on earth, I think it's where I want to be!!!