• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

My latest irrational thought, based purely on blind hope and without a shred of evidence to support it is that maybe the Stone Roses are putting the finishing touches on the new album and want to announce that first before being announced as Glastonbury headliners. Album production and release can be kept secret these days (Bowie, Blur). Glastonbury headliners are still big news, certainly in the UK, globally in Kanye's case and maybe they don't want the 4th(?) coming to be overshadowed by what would be a very significant announcement by Glastonbury?

As I say, total nonsense but that's what life has resorted to these days. I'm actually enjoying the speculation. A couple years ago I would have gone nuts. I'm more interested in seeing the site map than the lineup!

To be fair she has a point. I am not sure why they quite get away with charging you for something without notifying you what you are actually purchasing. Got to be dodgy ground legally.

Who forced you to buy the ticket?? Tell me?! I'll knock them clean out!!

They haven't conned anyone into buying a ticket, you have your own free will, and none of the Glastonbury crew have ever said otherwise. Technically if that is the rule, they should have to tell you in October.

I'm joining the Daft Punk camp. Even if they don't headline Pyramid I think they'll be there. I remember everyone thinking they were a special guest in '13 and turned up to see fat boy slim. I need redemption.

I think that they could only really be headlining, unless it's a special guest slot.

If anyone gets the faintest whiff of a DP secret set or anything, please tell me - I'd have a hernia if I found out that I'd missed them.

Definitely not.....the fact he thinks Glasto need to use his name to sell tickets shows how little he even knows about this festival.....get someone who will appreciate the slot and isn't such an egotistical delicate little flower haha

Totally agree with this, In my opinion I reckon it is prince that's holding the lineup up mainly because he thinks he's a god. I'm not a prince fan mainly because of his ego, I still like his music though but I suppose this year is looking like the year of the ego's the only exception to this is at least Dave Grohl can at least control his in comparison to prince and kanye

If it is Prince then going by his Hop Farm gig back in 2011, Glasto won't be able to release his name until 2nd week of May. Just fuck him off, no one is bigger that the festival, I'm miffed as to why Davis wants him so much!

Hop Farm wasn't 'held back' by Prince it was a late deal done at the last minute. Vince Power is hardly a shining example of how to run a festival is he?

I don't know how many more times I have to say it but Prince has confirmed festival shows months & months in advance before. When he's announced for things last minute, that isn't because he's made anybody wait to announce it, it's usually because he's only signed up at the last minute because that's the way he likes to do things.

Also, who the fuck is 'Davis'? :P

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I'm joining the Daft Punk camp. Even if they don't headline Pyramid I think they'll be there. I remember everyone thinking they were a special guest in '13 and turned up to see fat boy slim. I need redemption.

Daft Punk haven't played a proper live show in years - since 2007. they're not gonna start up again for Glastonbury

and yep, all this stuff about Prince is absolute nonsense, and when the lineup is eventually announced and his name is at the top of it, people will blame him for it's lateness (despite the fact that it's far more likely to be the reason Neil gave - Emily and Michael wanting to see if the backlash against Kanye has affected the ticket payments). if any other name is at the top of the lineup i bet people wouldn't go blaming them - just Prince

They have

awards shows and 10 minute guest appearances with other bands don't really count. they haven't done their own shows in years, and if they were going to, i'm sure festivals with disposable incomes like Coachella would get them way before Glastonbury's tiny pay package

A special guest appearance could be exactly what they turn up to do though. Not sure where the rumours came from last time around but hopefully were based on something.

there were no 'rumours' - Daft Punk became active as a band again, and people immediately thought that meant a secret slot at Glastonbury. it was never ever on the cards, and until they become active as a live act again, then it probably will never be on the cards. i doubt somebody like Kanye would want his entire headline performance overshadowed with a three minute appearance from Daft Punk

Putting together a live show as a dance act takes ages. It's not like a band where you pretty much just plug in. It's not happening.

Most of the Daft Punk clamouring seems to emanate from the fact they haven't played live for years, and they wear cool robot outfits.

Edited by Homer

there were no 'rumours' - Daft Punk became active as a band again, and people immediately thought that meant a secret slot at Glastonbury. it was never ever on the cards, and until they become active as a live act again, then it probably will never be on the cards. i doubt somebody like Kanye would want his entire headline performance overshadowed with a three minute appearance from Daft Punk

Very true.

Although - as they've done before - they could just send two other blokes in their place wearing the robot suits.

I don't see why any headliner would hold up the lineup.....why not just annouce the rest with a tba slot over the third headliner.....that would calm people down...why do it like this? just throw out some kind of bone no matter how small it would stop people getting so cheesed off.

maybe because a headliner isn't the reason for the lineup being held back and it's something else entirely? if people don't like it they can go suck an egg. they've got until May to cancel their ticket, and i'm sure the lineup will've been released before that date so what's the problem?

So how do we reckon ticket balance payments are going? There seems to be much fewer communications about paying up this year. Just a single email from seetickets, a couple of tweets from the festival and no re-tweeting from Emily's account etc. even the website seems low key with just an FAQ article as opposed to a massive PAY NOW banner. Given that the pay-up window is only open for another 36 hours or so, unless there is a massive push this afternoon doesn't it suggests GFL are rather happy with the numbers paying up? And that this might mean any need to release the line up anytime soon diminishes rather greatly.