• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

image.jpg

Martin Ashford's ride to the festival has been sorted.

BTW, I found this once great behemoth of a thread on page 6. For shame :(

There s a couple of Taylor Swift taxis going round norwich at the moment. the big Weekend is tomorrow. Got tickets for tomorrow, I'm actually really looking forward to it! Am I a bad person, have I sold my soul to Radio One?

Not at all, if there was a big Weekend event in a city near me and I could get tickets I'd roll along regardless. Usually a few good bits and pieces on the bill even if it's all radio friendly acts.

I will never turn down a free ticket to see Muse! A good chance to see acts I would not normally go and see at a larger festival, more poppy stuff. And I am going to give Flo a go so to speak A nice warm up for the real event in 5 weeks time where I get to choose what I want to see from the 100 or so choices on offer at any point it time! And I am going with the missus which will be nice, Glasto is a bit too much for her......... And someone has to look after our kids whilst I go mad at the farm!

I'll assume this has been mentioned somewhere even if I couldn't find anything in the search:

Foo Fighters are scheduled for Friday (headline slot) and then Sunday as well with Werchter in between. Could be an accident but I dunno, seems quite specific/why would it still be on there if it was an error?

Chevy Metal, anyone?

https://www.facebook.com/chevymetalrocks

I'll assume this has been mentioned somewhere even if I couldn't find anything in the search:

Foo Fighters are scheduled for Friday (headline slot) and then Sunday as well with Werchter in between. Could be an accident but I dunno, seems quite specific/why would it still be on there if it was an error?

Chevy Metal, anyone?

https://www.facebook.com/chevymetalrocks

On the official website they're listed for Wednesday and Friday with RW in between. The Wednesday listing will just be a mistake based on when the festival starts.

Also someone on here said they were planning to fly straight in and out without hanging around for secret sets and stuff IIRC.

Glastonbury is the last show of their european leg so I was kinda hoping they'd hang about for a while...

I know some bands can't help it but I find it strange when bands turn up, play their gig then leave immediately. It just feels very much against the whole Glastonbury spirit and purpose.

I find it strange when bands turn up, play their gig then leave immediately. It just feels very much against the whole Glastonbury spirit and purpose.

Thats only since you started going. Couple years ago bands spent the weekend on extended litter picks and portaloo suction runs.

Thats only since you started going. Couple years ago bands spent the weekend on extended litter picks and portaloo suction runs.

Hah I can picture Guy Garvey standing there in the morning mists, fag in mouth, poo chute in hand draining a turdis clear as day

The song about it would be cracking.

Hah I can picture Guy Garvey standing there in the morning mists, fag in mouth, poo chute in hand draining a turdis clear as day

The song about it would be cracking.

He'd make the most of it

"Let me see you do a mexican wave, turds!.... Aaaaaaaaaaaall the way to the back..... Yeah, that's it, you beautiful sea of effluence. I can never get tired of draining the human waste at Glastonbury, there's no other poo and wee (and some other stuff I'd rather not mention) in the world like it."

Dave Grohl being interviewed on BBC Three spoke that the band are discussing some "surprises" for their Glastonbury set.

Let the special guest speculation commence!

Did he say it was a good surprise or a bad one? If it's "We'll just be playing Sonic Highways in full!" then I won't be too thrilled.

Did he say it was a good surprise or a bad one? If it's "We'll just be playing Sonic Highways in full!" then I won't be too thrilled.

Looking at most of their tour setlists they only put 2-3 sonic highways songs in, so don't worry about that haha

A lot of bands say that they might have some surprises and then they blatantly don't do it. Didn't Metallica say something about doing something special for it, only to do a sort of smaller version of the usual sets?

I thought they said the complete opposite and said they were gonna do a standard metallica set?

We should have had a nice 00s indie throwback day on Sunday Pyramid.

Kings of Leon playing purely from first 3 albums

Bloc Party

Foals

Editors

Lightspeed Champion

Cajun Dance Party

Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong

The Dalai Lama

Awww man!! Joe lean and the jing jang jong!!! Crying shame that. Lucio starts fires......loved that track.

Preferred yuck to Cajun dance party though.

Edited by dirtymookie