• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

TS - diversion from Manchester (Wednesday) en route to Hyde Park (Saturday) .....I have her pencilled in as a surprise guest with the Foos anyway .....

Brixton Academy are betting on that

So... Speculation on who will fill the @foofighters slot at @GlastoFest? We've got money on Swifty. pic.twitter.com/LTGODZSdqX

— O2 Academy Brixton (@O2academybrix)

June 16, 2015

If it is Swifty I would have to watch at least some of her set out of morbid curiosty. I'll be very surprised if it isn't Flo though. It just seems to fit. Hope it's someone unexpected though.

Then why wouldn't they just say "Hey, it's Florence"? Doesn't make sense to me. They're at least looking out for someone new, that seems pretty clear.

maybe they haven't asked her. I'm pointing out that if you were asked to headline Glasto, even given the circumstances you'd take it. Might not get the chance again.

So i don't understand why people think she wouldn't wanna do it because Foos have dropped out.

Then why wouldn't they just say "Hey, it's Florence"? Doesn't make sense to me. They're at least looking out for someone new, that seems pretty clear. 

Maybe they haven't been able to ask her yet. Unlikely but possible. I am hoping for someone new though.

No, it's not clear at all.

They've issued an obviously quickly drafted holding statement. That in itself doesn't suggest anything whatsoever - I'm sure once the dust settles we'll hear more.

No, it's not clear at all.

They've issued an obviously quickly drafted holding statement. That in itself doesn't suggest anything whatsoever - I'm sure once the dust settles we'll hear more.

Exactly, even if Flo has agreed they still have to work out what to do with the rest of the lineup with bump ups, replacements and switches all potentially on the card. Even if they knew yesterday it's going to take a while to turn round. I'm guessing if it is Flo they will want to announce with a full revised lineup.

Would be good to keep secret until they're due to come on. Big surprise for everybody.

Would be crappy for the band, playing their first few songs to a crowd of which half is leaving. And a health a safety nightmare of that many people trying to leave the Pyramid at once, while others try to get in.

Yeah I've read a lot of posts on this thread.. Not religiously though. I just don't see anything other than standard chart shite with her really

The way I see it, she used to have something a little different but went for the big bucks inducing pop pap and stuck with it.

Would be crappy for the band, playing their first few songs to a crowd of which half is leaving. And a health a safety nightmare of that many people trying to leave the Pyramid at once, while others try to get in.

Plus some of us have schedules to keep. Had my Friday night all sorted before all this kicked off, a mystery headliner would be a planning nightmare.

I think the H&S / crowd movements must be a real issue....how many other people (as well as me) have thought " well I'll go and watch Rudimental then, as they were looking good on the Pyramid last year when their set was pulled ......"