Acid_Haze

How would a sold out festival benefit from him playing?

He is a big draw, but we've had The Rolling Stones in the past few years .. Who are on another level than Prince. That level of hype will never be topped.

It ain't sold out till after the re-sale.

;)

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

This whole situation has gotten so ridiculous on here now that i find myself absolutely gagging to see P***** walk onto the Pyramid Stage on the Sunday with a massive shit-eating, i-can-selfnosh, NER NER NA NER NER grin on his face...and i'm not even a fan. At all.

Well played GFL.

Well played P-Rinse.

I'd rather have the line-up right now with someone terrible at the top of it than wait another second longer solely to satisfy Prince's over-inflated ego.

Then come the Sunday evening I'll be able to bask in the warm, satisfied glow of knowing that I got to open my Christmas stocking early and found a lump of coal in it.

CG, I love you.

How would a sold out festival benefit from him playing?

He is a big draw, but we've had The Rolling Stones in the past few years .. Who are on another level than Prince. That level of hype will never be topped.

If people keep comparing to Rolling Stones they are gonna be disappointed every year.

P***** is a massive coup for Glastonbury Festival. They need big acts to keep the interest for following years

I seem to remember Leeds/Reading having their lineup reveal/ticket sale on easter monday in the past? Not 100% on that though

I don't think it's out of the question that they will announce over Easter weekend or during Easter holidays but it's a fact that less people read/watch the news between Friday and Sunday in a normal week and that number is even less when it's a Bank Holiday weekend.

The release of Glastonbury's lineup is the highest profile thing they do outside of the actual festival. They'll want it to have the biggest impact possible which, for me would mean waiting until after Easter.

CG, I love you.

I was in a relationship with someone with only a meagre amount of CG's passive-aggressive-missives abilities and it was impossible to win an argument with them.

CG has refined that shit to a fine art!

Much respect.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin making an announcement on Friday

That must be it, they are the missing headliner and that must be the line-up release day

Nothing like this has happened before, I'd be so happy, that probably makes me very selfish. It is now spring so it fits from that perspective.

So it's Friday until you find out which if you wanted something today is less than useful

thoughts? who goes first

quiz - how many Ned's tracks did I manage to fit in there

If Prince is acting like this .. I don't understand why they want him to play. Who's calling the shots here?!

Prince benefits from a Glastonbury performance more than Glastonbury benefits from a Prince performance.

I'd definitely benefit from a P***** performance

I was in a relationship with someone with only a meagre amount of CG's passive-aggressive-missives abilities and it was impossible to win an argument with them.

CG has refined that to a fine art!

Much respect.

The horrific prospect of Baroness Florence of Machinery coming at me like a famished banshee through a plague-ridden peatbog is giving me a severe case of the Somerset Spooks.