• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

So I spent 5 days at GF, spent time in the Other stage area and did not see this!!!

Epic fail

Are there bars near by?

Let's face it, you could spend 5 weeks at Glastonbury and not see everything! It's right in the corner before the trees around the Glade. The Solstice bar is the only one I remember but there might be others. Pizza and other food places the other side of the woods, and it's fairly central, just off the railway track.

Let's face it, you could spend 5 weeks at Glastonbury and not see everything! It's right in the corner before the trees around the Glade. The Solstice bar is the only one I remember but there might be others. Pizza and other food places the other side of the woods, and it's fairly central, just off the railway track.

Nice and Central, never been there and looks good.

Gets my vote.

i'd love to get involved with the location conversation but until i have a ticket booked i'm still convinced im not going. Find it tough to read the headliners page as well! :(

I can understand that..................................... the power of NFR NFC means you will go to the ball. I can only do positive thinking.

I cut onions into quarters, carrots in quarters(lengthways), throw garlic cloves in unpeeled, quarter peppers, cut potatoes into wedges, drizzle in olive oil + sprinkle rock sale then roast on 180 for about 40 mins, then keep checking until they look like they've caught some colour, but have not yet gone black. Can be advisable to put spuds on the top shelf.

EDIT; If I'm doing French beans, they go in near the end. Celeriac needs to be cut up fairly small. Parsnips should have their inner core removed and I like to cut them in half.

Slodge, what is your definition of 'right' roast veg? If you want them all cooked, and soft, the cooking differs from them being crispy. Cooked in loads of oil and from cold makes for a softer texture, cooked in less oil and at higher

I'd go with S2H's approach, but I try and heat the oil beforehand (goose fat has a very cooking high temperature, but you may be vegetarian, so that's a non-starter). With some of the veg, like potatoes, parsnips and carrots, these could do with par-boiling for 5-10 minutes, draining, the potatoes roughing up (oo-er missus) in a colander to roughen the skin, then putting in the hot oil/fat swirling round ro coat, and bung in the oven.

Potatoes vary, some are waxy, ideal for boiling and salads, but the general or floury ones (King Edwards, Maris Piper) are good for chips and roasties, (but disintegrate if boiled too long).

So, can I come round for Sunday lunch then??

Slodge, what is your definition of 'right' roast veg? If you want them all cooked, and soft, the cooking differs from them being crispy. Cooked in loads of oil and from cold makes for a softer texture, cooked in less oil and at higher

I'd go with S2H's approach, but I try and heat the oil beforehand (goose fat has a very cooking high temperature, but you may be vegetarian, so that's a non-starter). With some of the veg, like potatoes, parsnips and carrots, these could do with par-boiling for 5-10 minutes, draining, the potatoes roughing up (oo-er missus) in a colander to roughen the skin, then putting in the hot oil/fat swirling round ro coat, and bung in the oven.

Potatoes vary, some are waxy, ideal for boiling and salads, but the general or floury ones (King Edwards, Maris Piper) are good for chips and roasties, (but disintegrate if boiled too long).

So, can I come round for Sunday lunch then??

Thank you will try again tonight. Hopefully they will be edable

Alway welcome for Sunday lunch btw :)

Doh..

Would rather ridge and furrow but will go with the majority.

Ridge and furrow was where we spent a happy few hours many times, always met great happy people loos near good food near beer was always good as well.

Actually, the 'loos near' comment has made me think. Where I suggested, the nearest loos are either on the other side of the other field (not particularly close especially if a few beverages are being consumed), or over the railway track at the bottom of Pennard's, which I reckon would win top prize in a competition for 'nastiest toilets on site'. Maybe somewhere else might be better!

So

Two votes for Ridge and Furrow

One vote for the Park

One vote for the temple at 3am

Three votes for roasted veg

I'm guessing the Ridge and Furrow may well be the Wednesday venue again, as it seemed to be well received this year. Are people happy to have the same venue for Thursday or would we prefer a change?

There's always the 'Lost Kids' tent. Not sure about facilities, but the name seems appropriate!

I'm guessing the Ridge and Furrow may well be the Wednesday venue again, as it seemed to be well received this year. Are people happy to have the same venue for Thursday or would we prefer a change?

There's always the 'Lost Kids' tent. Not sure about facilities, but the name seems appropriate!

I thought the Weds meet was at Bread and Roses?

Liking the thoughts on the Lost Kids tent - makes snese to me.