NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Will not be on much after mid afternoon cos we have visitors all weekend........................

lovely visitors of the Slodge variety :-)

In case I forget, Lucy have a damn fine holiday and ensure lots of imbibing occurs.

Have a great weekend!! And thanks, I shall try some local sider :)

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Deebee, can you give a recommendation for an eatery in Wells?

We really like Andres cafe. Home made food (http://andrescafe.co.uk/) but it's only open until 4pm

or

Brufanis at the White hart hotel which is a steak and gourmet burger restaurant.

or

Greek food at the Sun Inn , union st (just off the high st) which is a nice pub as well.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Did you go into the pub where Hot Fuzz was filmed? It's a bit souless but if your a hot fuzz fan it's quite cool

It's a lovely genteel area on the way to the festival. I'm used to seeing industrial units, small mechanics places, off licences on the edges of towns in my neck of the woods, but coming in via Frome I see a poster for the French Polishing place! lol

Thanks for those places, I think we might have eaten at Brufanis, does it have a beer garden/courtyard at the back?

edit - actually I don't think we did, I think the place we went was more Brewers Fayre. ("other food providing pub chains do exist")

The Hot Fuzz pub seemed to be the only place open after 9pm! But we didn't go in, it looked horrible. We did go and take cover though like in the shootout.

Edited by jeffie

Hello Folks

I just wanted to say that one of the downsides of not going to the festival next year, will be not hooking up with you lot on this thread. That said, I will be seeing Mattyc and slodge at other festivals, because it appears that they are following me! I'm not paranoid, just ask that bloke in the bushes, he'll tell you I'm not. Anyway, hope you all have a marvellous weekend.

Evening all. Well done Dee on the job! Yog aren't you gonna try in the resale? I'm visiting mother dearest and she's made me watch this cancer research fundraising thingymagig! Can't remember last time I cried so much...or donated so much. What's everyone's plans for tomorrow? I'm Christmas shopping. Hope there is no verticle humidity!

Are you sure you're not going Yog? Not tempted to try in the resale?

Hello stuartbert.

No, definitely not going. I know I said this last year and then got tickets in the resales , but I really do need a break from the place. What's more, my wife (who has only been twice) doesn't want to go back again. That kind of seals the deal in my books. That said, if I stay on this site for the next year they'll no doubt be times when I feel like changing my mind.

I can't recall - did you say you were not going also / haven't got a ticket? I kind of remember you humming and harring about going.

Hello stuartbert.

No, definitely not going. I know I said this last year and then got tickets in the resales , but I really do need a break from the place. What's more, my wife (who has only been twice) doesn't want to go back again. That kind of seals the deal in my books. That said, if I stay on this site for the next year they'll no doubt be times when I feel like changing my mind.

I can't recall - did you say you were not going also / haven't got a ticket? I kind of remember you humming and harring about going.

I tried in the main sale, giving myself until deposit day to actually make up my mind. Now I have until the April resales to decide. I'm really still not sure, but I think I'm going to go, although I have had a few pints. if I do, there appears to be an army of people on here who are going to try to help me bag a ticket, which is incredibly touching.

Evening all. Well done Dee on the job! Yog aren't you gonna try in the resale? I'm visiting mother dearest and she's made me watch this cancer research fundraising thingymagig! Can't remember last time I cried so much...or donated so much. What's everyone's plans for tomorrow? I'm Christmas shopping. Hope there is no verticle humidity!

No, I'll be trying in the resales for tickets for friends but not myself. I have already booked my festivals for next year now. I also have a wedding to go to in Cornwall. These things will take up my money and spare time. That said, I had intended not to go this year but got tickets in the resales because I got caught up in the Glastonburymania on this site. As I don't intend to stay away from this site for very long then it could conceivably happen that I get carried away again and try for tickets. After all, I have the resistant breaking strain of a Kit Kat.

I tried in the main sale, giving myself until deposit day to actually make up my mind. Now I have until the April resales to decide. I'm really still not sure, but I think I'm going to go, although I have had a few pints. if I do, there appears to be an army of people on here who are going to try to help me bag a ticket, which is incredibly touching.

I would offer my services too for you, but have committed myself to trying for a gaggle of friends in the re-sales in April.

Don't forget the secret sales too - I gave my son in law that follow this page site and he got one of the few secret sales tickets.

Ups - shouldn't be tempting you.

May I ask what is stopping you from committing yourself fully to getting a ticket for next year?

I would offer my services too for you, but have committed myself to trying for a gaggle of friends in the re-sales in April.

Don't forget the secret sales too - I gave my son in law that follow this page site and he got one of the few secret sales tickets.

Ups - shouldn't be tempting you.

May I ask what is stopping you from committing yourself fully to getting a ticket for next year?

Leaving my wife and two year old daughter for so long. Apparently she woke up every morning saying "daddy?" this year.

Including recovery time, attending Glastonbury involves taking a lot of time off being a father.

Leaving my wife and two year old daughter for so long. Apparently she woke up every morning saying "daddy?" this year.

Including recovery time, attending Glastonbury involves taking a lot of time off being a father.

I understand where you are coming from. Me and my wife are never apart and have no wish to be so. I guess that's heightened phenomenally more when you add a two year old daughter into the mix. That's an awful tricky one to have to play. Couldn't you go as a family, and maybe take it more easy as a result?

Man, you are way too organised!

We're off to see Craig Charles tomorrow night. Should be a late one - don't think he's on stage until midnight.

And stop all this "not going" talk, it's depressing me :(