NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

don't forget to explore Merlin's Cave (the actual cave under the castle - not a gift shop {after writing I thought I bet there's some cheap tacky shop of the same name]) and visit the chip shop at the top of the village - that's run by relatives of mine. It's abit like King Arthur's Hall - you ask if people have been and they think you mean the shop rather than here: http://www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/a2m/medieval/pound/king_arthurs_hall/king_arthurs_hall.htm

Merlin's cave is on the list for tomorrow, along with St Nectan's Glen (beautiful). We are only here tonight and had curry for dinner, might squeeze in chips for lunch before we go though.

I've been to the hall before, it was brilliant!! I love it here!

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

one hour since Matts post "On no account must anybody Google "uncompromising cock"

You're all locked in Google hell aren't you!!!! :girlimpossible:

one hour since Matts post "On no account must anybody Google "uncompromising cock"

You're all locked in Google hell aren't you!!!! :girlimpossible:

I think they must be!

I'm back.

That was nasty!!

KatyB that is. She was OK but the crowd................. middle aged on the whole and most had no idea who she was by the lack of atmosphere. Most weird.

Note to self. Bristol is great Sunday to Thursday - avoid Fri and Sat.

Too many uncompromising cocks there for me to handle!

So they didn't erupt into the roo-ooom

To hear the sub go boo-ooom?

aww, one day off and I miss all the fun!

Actually had work to do, along with an extended lunch and then hotfooted it straight to Liverpool to see Holly Johnson. Odd all-seater venue which at least meant we could sit for the new ones but the crowd got dancing for the hits. Always feel like a foreigner in Scouseland though...

aww, one day off and I miss all the fun!

Actually had work to do, along with an extended lunch and then hotfooted it straight to Liverpool to see Holly Johnson. Odd all-seater venue which at least meant we could sit for the new ones but the crowd got dancing for the hits. Always feel like a foreigner in Scouseland though...

OOOh Holly.... was he good?

He is playing Bristol and we have ummed and erred cos it ain't cheap

OOOh Holly.... was he good?

He is playing Bristol and we have ummed and erred cos it ain't cheap

Really good - saw him at Rewind as well. The band sounded better last night, bit heavier I guess. Some of his solo stuff is ok, a lot of it is a bit 90s gay disco! The banter was great. He did a terrific take down of a group of girls wearing Frankie Says t-shirts; "You know it was Frankie Say, not Frankie Says don't you?" It's been a bugbear for me and hubby for years so we found it hysterical.

Never a quiet crowd in Liverpool, they was some drunk bird trying to have a chat at the end when he was trying to get the atmosphere right for Power Of Love. I always feel like a foreigner in Liverpool...

Mr G is the Finbarr king me thinks.

Well, this is so unexpected! It's an honour to have been nominated alongside such talented Finbarrists, but actually winning the award is such a surprise, I've not even prepared anything to say!

Of course I'd like to thank the Academy, my family and friends, who supported me through the hard times when so many said that Finbarring was a dying art, and the other posters, who have provided so many excellent Finbarr opportunities for me. Thank you all!

I have just successfully managed to create an on line bank account.

Move over Gatesy, I'm coming through.

I think there may be a Finbarr in there for good measure.

Brilliant.

Please can you give me your user name, security questions and password along with mothers maiden name and account number and sort code so I can deposit some funds there for you.

Your debit card details would also be useful.

I have a feeling I know an African relative of yours who has recently passed away.

Brilliant.

Please can you give me your user name, security questions and password along with mothers maiden name and account number and sort code so I can deposit some funds there for you.

Your debit card details would also be useful.

I have a feeling I know an African relative of yours who has recently passed away.

I have resisted this for quite some time. I recall hearing an IT expert on Radio 4 saying that no IT expert has an on line bank account. This was a fair few years ago though. There are reasons why I have gone against what little there is left of my common sense, but I'll not go in to those.

Anyway, apparently I'm already a lottery winner according to this email I got from Omoni Oboli Jeta. All I have to do is...............

I have resisted this for quite some time. I recall hearing an IT expert on Radio 4 saying that no IT expert has an on line bank account. This was a fair few years ago though. There are reasons why I have gone against what little there is left of my common sense, but I'll not go in to those.

My husband is a DBA and all-round IT guru and he has an online bank account. I would suspect there are so many "IT experts" in the world that I doubt none of them would have one!

My husband is a DBA and all-round IT guru and he has an online bank account. I would suspect there are so many "IT experts" in the world that I doubt none of them would have one!

Does he pick apart all the IT stuff in films, like how Jeff Goldblum picks just the right OS and protocols to transmit viruses to alien ships?

An eventful afternoon for me today crossing into Paraguay from Argentina. Or, to put it another way, from sensible south america into mad south america. My name is fatyeti24, and this is my story.

All was well until I got to the border. I was on a bus that would take me through to Asunción, but you have to get off at customs to get your passport stamped out of one country and into the next. No problem, I've done this thing several times this year. As we were driving passed the Argentinian side, someone going the other way to us was having a very bad day. There was a drug bust. A big one. Like you see on the news, dozens of packets of (presumably) weed laid out in rows on the floor. I managed a couple of sneaky pics.

IMG_20141025_143254218_HDR_zpsv7scc1tf.j

Here are The Law doing their business. The stuff wasnt even hidden, just in boxes. There was loads of it.

IMG_20141025_143403475_zps8kuwv0j3.jpg

We drove on and got to customs, i got off the bus, got stamped out of Argentina no problems. Got stamped into Paraguay no problems. But then! The guy got up from behind his desk, came out to me, told me to follow him and led me to the police office next door.

The police asked me what the problem was, i said I didn't know, so they told me to go around the back, or of sight. They asked me if I spoke Spanish, I don't. They took my passport, studied it, and decided I didn't have the right visa. Which was strange, because I'm British, godammit, and we don't need visas anywhere in south america. Then came the obvious punchline: 100USD and they would stamp my passport and I could be on my way.

I was being stung for a bribe by the fucking border cops, the cheeky fuckers. I refused and we began a bit of a stand off, them holding my passport, me with a bus waiting. After a few minutes of back and forth, and me pretending I spoke even less Spanish than I actually do, a third, seemingly more senior cop arrived. As he did he handed one of the others some money. I assume that was a bribe her just taken from some other person. He checked my passport, studied all the stamps in and out of various south american countries asked me how long I was staying in Asunción, handed me back my passport with a "thankyou" and I was on my way. No visa required, no money changed hands.

The moral of this story? Of you want to get a bribe, try BEFORE you put the stamp in the passport.

Welcome to Paraguay, as Green Day almost sang.

Edited by fatyeti24