• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

I drove up to the shop to get some wine about 15 minutes ago. I can confirm that it's insanely cold out there. Well, it is in this part of Birmingham anyway.

Hope you all have a fab weekend.

Just think, it'll soon be Christmas. Time for Santa to come and empty his sack, and for some to roast their nuts over an open fire. Time for stuffing, and admiring well hung baubles. Time to tie a birds legs together to keep the insides moist. Time to declare that you've never seen a better spread, and that you might fancy a little dark meat.later. Time to pull a Christmas cracker and wait for the bang at the end etc etc

I drove up to the shop to get some wine about 15 minutes ago. I can confirm that it's insanely cold out there. Well, it is in this part of Birmingham anyway.

Hope you all have a fab weekend.

Just think, it'll soon be Christmas. Time for Santa to come and empty his sack, and for some to roast their nuts over an open fire. Time for stuffing, and admiring well hung baubles. Time to tie a birds legs together to keep the insides moist. Time to declare that you've never seen a better spread, and that you might fancy a little dark meat.later. Time to pull a Christmas cracker and wait for the bang at the end etc etc

Well, I've lost count! It's official, Yog is the king of the Finbarrs!

P.S. We've got 2 birthdays in our house before Christmas, so we don't tend to get festive until the 21st, but just in case I forget, hope you and Mrs Yog have a great Christmas and New Year!

Gumby x

We wish the Gumby family a very happy Christmas and New Year too. We are going away to stay in a folly in the middle of a forest on December 22nd (can't wait). I know the place doesn't have wifi so I may be off radar for a week - unless the local pub's wifi will reach. I really don't like not having access to this site and my emails. That's a little sad really when there's a whole real world out there.

Yog

xxx

We wish the Gumby family a very happy Christmas and New Year too. We are going away to stay in a folly in the middle of a forest on December 22nd (can't wait). I know the place doesn't have wifi so I may be off radar for a week - unless the local pub's wifi will reach. I really don't like not having access to this site and my emails. That's a little sad really when there's a whole real world out there.

Yog

xxx

It's amazing how addicted to the Internet we are isn't it? I'd have to go somewhere with no internet and no 3G to disconnect myself. Even on holiday I find myself scrabbling for as much internet as I can. Really sad...

It's amazing how addicted to the Internet we are isn't it? I'd have to go somewhere with no internet and no 3G to disconnect myself. Even on holiday I find myself scrabbling for as much internet as I can. Really sad...

It is strange, when you think that not so many years ago, the internet didn't exist, let alone mobile internet. The last few years I've gone with my family each year to a farm near Weymouth, which offers camping for a few weeks of each summer. The first year, I found myself forced, by the lack of mobile coverage, to spend time either properly engaging with family and friends, or reading to myself. Although mobiles and internet access have obvious uses, it's actually quite refreshing to have some time away from that and immerse yourself in more 'old-fashioned' ways of spending time.

It is strange, when you think that not so many years ago, the internet didn't exist, let alone mobile internet. The last few years I've gone with my family each year to a farm near Weymouth, which offers camping for a few weeks of each summer. The first year, I found myself forced, by the lack of mobile coverage, to spend time either properly engaging with family and friends, or reading to myself. Although mobiles and internet access have obvious uses, it's actually quite refreshing to have some time away from that and immerse yourself in more 'old-fashioned' ways of spending time.

Yup. Glastonbury's another good example. A few years ago I was quite happy with not having enough battery to last the weekend. Phone went in the lock up on Wednesday, I collected it on Monday. As soon as I found I could get a mobile battery which provides enough juice for me and hubby for the whole weekend I was straight on it. I spend a lot less time on the Internet at Glasto than I normally do but it's still always there isn't it?

Maybe I'll summon the self-discipline to lock up my phone for the whole weekend next year. Sadly I know I probably won't :(

It's slippy, slidy up here in the North...we are tough up here though.. no coat, just hat and mittens ;-)

Nativities done for another year.. just Santa and his reindeers flying into the school yard next week.. whoever said never work with children or animals.. pass the wine time!! At least there's NFR!

It's slippy, slidy up here in the North...we are tough up here though.. no coat, just hat and mittens ;-)

Nativities done for another year.. just Santa and his reindeers flying into the school yard next week.. whoever said never work with children or animals.. pass the wine time!! At least there's NFR!

I can't pin point why, but reading your post made me feel happier. I think it's because it has such a Christmasy feel to it. Whatever the reason, I thank you.

ok so ive been on here a while now and i thought id just tell you a little some thing dont know why but i feel i can i dont feel it would be ok to put on face book .......................................i love glasto i love people but at the mo im scared to go out ..my sons got a night on tonight and were not going cos i dont FEEL it .......i am a manic depressive but every one thinks im the soul of party when im in one but im churning up inside at the mo i feel like im letting people down .

fuck knows why i do or even can do glasto any way i just wanted to write some thing down and i feel a tad better about it .........im going to have a glass of wine now my first btw just incase you thought i was doing a drunken drivel thing lol ..

for any one who feels the same dont sit there to long like i have get the fuck out and break the spell cos once your caught in this web its a fucker to break free im lucky enough to have the best girl and family in the world but some dont .

peace and a wine one and all