• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

I've hardly seen outside today. Been a busy bee at work!

It's Winter Solstice this weekend, as the celebration will be at dawn on Monday, the man and I plan to go for a nice jolly on Sunday instead. Currently planning where to go, although we shall decide nearer the time depending on what the weather gods see fit to bless us with!

I love it when it snows heavily, especially if it's unexpected, as has happened a few times in my life. I love the quietness and stilness that comes to the city when there's been a heavy down fall of snow. I also love the crunching sound that's made when you walk on fresh snow. Snow is ace. I don't like it when it thaws and goes mushy though.

Right, it is December and I am supposed to get festive. So here it is.

1620462_10153644259371808_91061798167274

A brie in a manger,
no crib for a bed
The little hard cheeses

lay down their sweet head.

The curds in the dairy
look down where they lay
And say with some curdling
we'll be there one day.

The cattle are lowing
It's their cream we need
To make all the cheeses
On which we will feed.

The ewes and the goats have
all done their fair share
To bring us fine cheeses
Wit great love and care,

At Christmas we love them
We never go short
Of fine ripened cheeses
And a bottle of port.

Morning all.

Well it's nearly Christmas, hope everyone is ready and looking forward to time with family and friends, we are no where near ready but hey ho all will be find he says.

Jeffie fab picture of your dogs on FB last night, gave us a good smile.

Mr Gumby happy birthday, hope you enjoy what ever you are doing today.

Anyone having a bad time or feeling a bit low today big hugs.

Hush rambling on now slodge x

Right, it is December and I am supposed to get festive. So here it is.

1620462_10153644259371808_91061798167274

A brie in a manger,

no crib for a bed

The little hard cheeses

lay down their sweet head.

The curds in the dairy

look down where they lay

And say with some curdling

we'll be there one day.

The cattle are lowing

It's their cream we need

To make all the cheeses

On which we will feed.

The ewes and the goats have

all done their fair share

To bring us fine cheeses

Wit great love and care,

At Christmas we love them

We never go short

Of fine ripened cheeses

And a bottle of port.

I used to work as a cheesemonger, but I camembert it any longer.
I'll get my coat.

I love it when it snows heavily, especially if it's unexpected, as has happened a few times in my life. I love the quietness and stilness that comes to the city when there's been a heavy down fall of snow. I also love the crunching sound that's made when you walk on fresh snow. Snow is ace. I don't like it when it thaws and goes mushy though.

I agree Yog. I never used to like it, but when I lived on my own a few years ago, I remember waking up for work one day and it being remarkably quiet outside. I lived just off a main road so there was always some noise, but not that morning. I opened my curtains and there was quite a thick covering of snow. It was lovely! I lived on the second floor and had a balcony, the snow was along my window boxes with a few twigs poking through the top. The gardens of the flats were covered and NO ONE HAD WALKED ON IT!! I got up, got ready for work and got my wellies on and went out in it. It was lovely! I walked to work, jumping in all the bits of virgin snow I could find.

Since then, I've quite enjoyed it. I love the way the city seems to stop. Its magical.

I agree Yog. I never used to like it, but when I lived on my own a few years ago, I remember waking up for work one day and it being remarkably quiet outside. I lived just off a main road so there was always some noise, but not that morning. I opened my curtains and there was quite a thick covering of snow. It was lovely! I lived on the second floor and had a balcony, the snow was along my window boxes with a few twigs poking through the top. The gardens of the flats were covered and NO ONE HAD WALKED ON IT!! I got up, got ready for work and got my wellies on and went out in it. It was lovely! I walked to work, jumping in all the bits of virgin snow I could find.

Since then, I've quite enjoyed it. I love the way the city seems to stop. Its magical.

I used to work in Coventry many years ago and commuted there and back from Birmingham daily. I got up one winters morning to find that there had been an extremely heavy snow fall the night before. I heard on the radio that cars were being abandoned on the A45 between Birmingham and Coventry as the snow was so thick on the road. In a moment of madness I decided not to call in saying it was impossible for me to get to work. Instead I jumped in the car and somehow made it over to the Coventry office. Once there, I sat down at my desk, opened my diary to read that I was due in a meeting first thing at our Birmingham office. Doh!