• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Life would be far easier if we can just hold a conversation face to face.

It might be easier but it's a bonus being able to talk across the ether too. It can be quite therepeutic at times, in my opinion. Why pay for a therepist (a stranger) when you can talk to folk on here ( a gaggle of strangers)?

Only joking on the therapy front. Or am I? I'm not sure myself now.

Ahh must be love ...at least it wasn't mice guts like my childhood companions used to leave me!

She's being lovely this week. Usually she's a little f*cker. We had a rat in the bath recently. Live. She releases live mice into the house regularly, and the occasional bird gets set free in the bedroom. We keep telling her if she brings anything in, can it be dead please! It's so much easier!!

It might be easier but it's a bonus being able to talk across the ether too. It can be quite therepeutic at times, in my opinion. Why pay for a therepist (a stranger) when you can talk to folk on here ( a gaggle of strangers)?

Only joking on the therapy front. Or am I? I'm not sure myself now.

This man speaks (well types) wise words.

Sometimes the interweb is a bad place to talk but sometimes it is not.

Efests and many people who reside within seems to be a good place - especially this thread.

When I joined in last year it was shortly after some very negative experiences both in the real world and over the ether.

I have no regrets on joining in having met some great people and I really look forward to seeing lots of you again in 2015 and some of you for the first time in 2015.

Along side who have we seen the most.

What is the best gig you have ever been to and if it is easy to answer - why?

Mine was 1982 Hammersmith Odeon - AC/DC

I was in the third row and the whole night blew my mind and despite missing the last train and having to walk for several hours to get home (on a work night) I still had a huge smile on my face all day.

Ahh now that's another thought - which band have you seen live the most? I'd say it would have to be Dub Pistols

ICGenie - I think we all know yours!

How about everyone else?

I think mine is The Beat. Only seen them 7 or 8 times, but they're who I've seen the most. Followed by Take That at 5 times. Not much really, but I was quite late to going to gigs.

Mine is Meatloaf (wish I could do small letters like Matty). Wife liked him and his concerts seen him live about 20 times.

Awaits being flamed.

I'm sure people will agree that everyone has the right to like who ever they want to. I certainly won't say you were wrong to like Meatloaf even though he is not my thang. If someone wants to like Taylor Swift, Beyonce or Bowie, so be it - each to their own.

As for favourite gig - I'm having trouble with this. There are reasons why several gigs would be my favourite, be it because that band had the best gig I had seen them do, or whether it was because of the people I went with/time was right kind of thing or maybe it was the only time I had managed to see a certain person play. I will have to think on with this....it may trouble me somewhat.

I can only recall going to see five well known bands outside a festival in my entire life. This means that my best gig (did I really say that?) pool to choose from is stiflingly limited. I can give you the most enjoyable act I've seen at a festival though. That would be watching the Scissor Sisters play at Bestival. I may even have rocked from side to side I was that in to the music. It makes a nice change from rocking backwards and forwards I find.

Ahh now that's another thought - which band have you seen live the most? I'd say it would have to be Dub Pistols

ICGenie - I think we all know yours!

How about everyone else?

I think mine would be Metallica. Saw them twice in the 90s (Wembley and Milton Keynes Bowl) and then at Glasto. I don't tend to see bands multiple times, unless you count the bands that played in the pub I used to run, which I don't as I was working so had no choice!

Along side who have we seen the most.

What is the best gig you have ever been to and if it is easy to answer - why?

Mine was 1982 Hammersmith Odeon - AC/DC

I was in the third row and the whole night blew my mind and despite missing the last train and having to walk for several hours to get home (on a work night) I still had a huge smile on my face all day.

There've been some great gigs;

Alice Cooper in Dallas in the early eighties,

Hothouse Flowers at the Albert Hall,

Marillion at the Forum,

Fish at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon,

Faithless at Glastonbury 2010,

I think my top one though, would be Nick Cave last year. Awesome performance, and I was lucky enough not to be surrounded by Mumfords fans chatting all the way through. I could just see a few confused, bewildered faces here and there, unsure if they were actually in the presence of some kind of hell-demon!

There've been some great gigs;

Alice Cooper in Dallas in the early eighties,

Hothouse Flowers at the Albert Hall,

Marillion at the Forum,

Fish at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon,

Faithless at Glastonbury 2010,

I think my top one though, would be Nick Cave last year. Awesome performance, and I was lucky enough not to be surrounded by Mumfords fans chatting all the way through. I could just see a few confused, bewildered faces here and there, unsure if they were actually in the presence of some kind of hell-demon!

You cannot beat a good hell-demon.

Mine is Meatloaf (wish I could do small letters like Matty). Wife liked him and his concerts seen him live about 20 times.

Awaits being flamed.

On the contrary, slodge, I've seen Meatloaf too, and thoroughly enjoyed it! Some people think he's naff, or a 'guilty pleasure', but I say if you enjoy something, who cares? A few times on this forum, people have criticised my taste in music, but they usually end up looking like the arrogant, opinionated arses they are!