• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Set my out of office yesterday. Just it doesn't kick in until 17.00 today :-(

Edit - but that's only 8.5 hours away and I'm working from Holme (local joke for local people).

With a sick child, I'm working from home today. My excitement at Christmas and the break is slightly tempered by the sounds coming from the front room of 'Hey Jessie' on Disney sucking my lifeforce slowly away, but its anaesthetic qualities are helping 3rd step-child get better.

Morning all.

Lucy have a fab time at your works doo.

Carlosj hope every one gets better really soon.

Matty hope the busy day goes well.

Dee and Jeffie hope the last day of work is stress free.

Phew hope I have not missed anything, if I have love and hugs.

Bit busy today so will not be on much.

I was planning to be out Christmas shopping by now. Unfortunately, a couple of hours ago, a fortnightly conference call for 14:00 popped up on my phone.

Bugger.

Hmmm, sure there's no workround via the wifi connection in Costa?

23762.strip.gif

So, I just popped into our local Waitrose store for a couple of bits. An extra couple of bottles of wine and something for dinner tonight. I had our 2 year old in his buggy with me. I stopped to look at gammon steaks, and tried to be considerate of others by tucking the buggy next to me, out of the way. Someone else then stopped their trolley in the middle of the aisle leaving no way through. Another customer wanted to get past, but instead of saying 'excuse me', or manoeuvring the trolley in the middle out of the way, she decided to ram my boy's buggy with her trolley so hard that if I hadn't seen it in time, it would've toppled over with him in it. I asked what she thought she was playing at, and she just muttered something about 'shouldn't have buggies in shops at this time of year' and stormed off!

I do love the season of goodwill!

Sorry for ranting, just needed to let off some steam.

So, I just popped into our local Waitrose store for a couple of bits. An extra couple of bottles of wine and something for dinner tonight. I had our 2 year old in his buggy with me. I stopped to look at gammon steaks, and tried to be considerate of others by tucking the buggy next to me, out of the way. Someone else then stopped their trolley in the middle of the aisle leaving no way through. Another customer wanted to get past, but instead of saying 'excuse me', or manoeuvring the trolley in the middle out of the way, she decided to ram my boy's buggy with her trolley so hard that if I hadn't seen it in time, it would've toppled over with him in it. I asked what she thought she was playing at, and she just muttered something about 'shouldn't have buggies in shops at this time of year' and stormed off!

I do love the season of goodwill!

Sorry for ranting, just needed to let off some steam.

Ah, the season of goodwill is up and running then... ;)

Bloody posh nobs in Waitrose, what do you expect?

I think you get similar behaviour in most shops at this time of year. In my home town, there's a Waitrose, a Co-op and a Lidl. I only usually go to Waitrose because the staff in there seem to be properly trained. They actually try to be helpful and make you feel valued. In the other two, the staff couldn't care less.

Anyway, it's done and in the past. Happy Christmas Eve eve everyone!

Ah, the season of goodwill is up and running then... ;)

The season of goodwill is alive on the roads - fecking idiots everywhere, punch ups for a parking place, accidents all over.

Thank goodness I know the hidden parking places.

Some of us were trying to work not buy anything and everything even if we don't want or need it.

Deep breath all, bimble on, NFR NFC y'all

Bimble is best - a new word I learnt this year is Bimble, and it is a lovely word.

I wish by back up back up drive would bimble but it has decided to die on me.

Oh well, a shopping I shall go................................... on tinterweb so no rage involved.

NFR NFC

In that case, you're doing it wrong.

Unless you really like work, or have 20 kids or some other good reason I've not thought of. But seriously, consider working less.

I'm not including bank holidays in that btw! I used to work in retail though which meant I was just glad we were shut on Christmas Day.

I rarely take time off between Christmas and New Year. Too many other things to take time off for during the year and I quite like working at that quiet time when you quite often get free time off ;)

I'm not including bank holidays in that btw! I used to work in retail though which meant I was just glad we were shut on Christmas Day.

I rarely take time off between Christmas and New Year. Too many other things to take time off for during the year and I quite like working at that quiet time when you quite often get free time off ;)

When you put it that way, it makes perfect sense! I thought you were some kind of workaholic, but it turns out you're just crafty getting time off later on for dossing during the skeleton shifts.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Icing my cake

Cooking ham in coke

prep the veg

making chocolate mousse

We are having a German Christmas tonight for my sons girlfriend who is living with us then have an English one tomorrow - so 2 lots to prep for!

mmmmmm, when can we come round mrs deebeedoobeaton? Sounds great!