• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

First gig of the year last night.

Managed to get there despite the weather gods best efforts to close the Severn Bridge.

Saw the main act - The Sex Pissed Dolls who were good but not amazing.

Saw one of the three supports - the Kasuals, a young band from Bristol. Flipping good. All their own material except the last track which they had one of their own merged with bits of Bowies Heroes. Flipping brilliant.

Morning all. Bread maker churning in the kitchen as we speak. Although we only use it to do the hard work of kneading and proving then take it out to bake in the oven as we find it has a better texture that way.

On another note - don't you just hate keyboard warriors! I could rant on but I shall desist. Today will be all about positive vibes

My brother gave me a brand new bread making machine that he got off Freecycle about two years ago. I haven't even taken it out of it's box. Ammends must be made.

Yog, if you have one of those. Open the box. Buy the bits it says in the instructions, bung them in and turn it on. You'll never look back, and put on 2 stone lol.

Oh, buy some proper local butter while you're shopping .

Or make your own butter too! It's easy, let some double cream warm up to room temperature, put it in a food processor with a strong plastic paddle until it's whipped, then keep going until it separates into butter and buttermilk. Drain off the buttermilk and rinse with cold water. Doesn't keep as long as shop-bought butter as there are no preservatives added, but it can be frozen in portions.

Yog, if you have one of those. Open the box. Buy the bits it says in the instructions, bung them in and turn it on. You'll never look back, and put on 2 stone lol.

I'll root the box out of the garage (easier said than done, as it's a hoarders dream in there) and do just that. It'll have to wait until during the week though, as going into that garage is going to need a run up.

:thumbsu:

PS - Your 185 bands has made me wonder just how many we do...... so I have started a list.

2 down ??? to go.

We had been asked several times just how many bands we see in a year. We guessed between 150 - 200. We made a rule that unless you see at least 20 mins of a set it doesn't count.Se we were in the right ball park.

We had been asked several times just how many bands we see in a year. We guessed between 150 - 200. We made a rule that unless you see at least 20 mins of a set it doesn't count.Se we were in the right ball park.

I shall use the same 20 minute rule.......

Does going to the Avalon Cafe for some food and listening to whoever is playing there count if it is more than 20 minutes?

Failed on that last year - loved whoever it was but have no idea who it was - even looked at lineup and was none the wiser as who it was supposed to be it was not!

We tend to have a list on a phone which can be added to as you are there. Trying to work out who you saw after a day at any festival can be somewhat cloudy!

We tend to have a list on a phone which can be added to as you are there. Trying to work out who you saw after a day at any festival can be somewhat cloudy!

I think I will try the old fashioned pen and paper - as I have no idea how most of my phone works.

Don't know how sleep deprivation, muchos alcohol and dancing manages to effect the memory though :sarcastic:

Failed on that last year - loved whoever it was but have no idea who it was - even looked at lineup and was none the wiser as who it was supposed to be it was not!

I used the app to log everything I saw last year. U fortunately the app doesn't work any more so I can't retrieve the data...

I used the app to log everything I saw last year. U fortunately the app doesn't work any more so I can't retrieve the data...

It's official then.

Pen and paper is still king................. unless it gets w*t, which it won't

NFR NFC

Edit - Amended, sorry weather gods I shall send praise

Edited by mattyc1965

jesus mother and Joseph holy shit bollocks to Mohamed your right old son .......................................................................................................

cant get shot for that its only words !!!! bastards ...sorry still angry

Edited by guypjfreak