• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

great to see all the rallys going down today to show the terrorists [ im not gonna use the word Muslims cos imo there not real Muslims just terrorists ] that they haven't won they have just hopefully lit a fuse of hate and anger that will make the governments of certain nations stand up and do some thing .....

very windy down here on the weather front went to Tyneham with my tribe was lovely although my baby ruby was a little cold so i taught her how to hide behind big rocks and get outa the wind so she could share a fudge bar with granddad lol

Advise needed please.

I have just got delivered some new trousers and both have button fly (I forgot to check when ordering). I like them and want to keep them but cannot suss out how the flip you do them up without hurting fingers and looking like a complete fool.

Any tips?

Let me check that I understand this, Matty. You're asking people on an Internet forum for advice on how to do up buttons, because you DON'T want to look like a complete fool?

;-)

Let me check that I understand this, Matty. You're asking people on an Internet forum for advice on how to do up buttons, because you DON'T want to look like a complete fool?

;-)

Yep - that's the one............... buttons ona shirt = easy

Buttons on a fly = how the feck?

Come on Mr G - you are clever as proven earlier and can help me, a poor simple fool.

Yep - that's the one............... buttons ona shirt = easy

Buttons on a fly = how the feck?

Come on Mr G - you are clever as proven earlier and can help me, a poor simple fool.

Ok, can't quite believe I'm doing this!

Thumb and index finger of both hands, one front and back of each button, the other front and back just above the buttonhole. Bottom edge of button first, then remove index finger and push through with thumb!

This does get gradually easier after a bit of use, as the fabric will soften. If they're really tight, you could wash them a couple of times with fabric softener.

Hope that helps!-

Ok, can't quite believe I'm doing this!

Thumb and index finger of both hands, one front and back of each button, the other front and back just above the buttonhole. Bottom edge of button first, then remove index finger and push through with thumb!

This does get gradually easier after a bit of use, as the fabric will soften. If they're really tight, you could wash them a couple of times with fabric softener.

Hope that helps!-

Thank you - I knew it would make people cringe and laugh when I posted it but seriosuly the stupid buttons were driving me mad and I broke a nail!!!!!!

You must remember I am 50 this year and have never used anything but a zip. This is all weird to us old gits.

I shall read carefully and try!

Edited by mattyc1965

;-)

This has to be one of the best ever posts on efests for a very long time.

Thank you Matty and Mr Gumby for cheering me up.

Having any more luck, Matty?

Anyone else need any sartorial tips? Bra fastenings? Belt buckles? How to put a hat on? Which way round shoes go?

Ignoring the sarcasm (which is due mind you) it did work hence the award of the TFE for your services. Due to location I could not work out what to do with the left hand, once it was above the hole bingo..... ish :-)

Thank you Mr Gumby FBE TFE