• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Your friend sounds interesting. Maybe you should walk past his window when you know he is watching, and do something completely random to throw him.

There is no act of randomness, or depravity for that matter, that I haven't displayed in front of this person which has even remotely come close to throwing him. Mind you, when he came down the stairs of his parental home once wearing his mothers clothing nearly threw me. Come to think of it, I've never seen the two of them in the same room at the same time! Fortunately I was already privy to this kind of behaviour - another friend regularly used to dress up as his dead mom. He even went to discos dressed as her. The reason why has never been established.

There is no act of randomness, or depravity for that matter, that I haven't displayed in front of this person which has even remotely come close to throwing him. Mind you, when he came down the stairs of his parental home once wearing his mothers clothing nearly threw me. Come to think of it, I've never seen the two of them in the same room at the same time! Fortunately I was already privy to this kind of behaviour - another friend regularly used to dress up as his dead mom. He even went to discos dressed as her. The reason why has never been established.

It would appear, Yog, that you actually live in a Hitchcock film!

I do like to people watch, and just look at whatever is going on, even without people. Not in a weird way!

Your friend sounds interesting. Maybe you should walk past his window when you know he is watching, and do something completely random to throw him.

Yog might *think* he was doing it randomly, but that's what the man in control would want him to think. After all, what could feel more random than obeying an external command?

Yog might *think* he was doing it randomly, but that's what the man in control would want him to think.

Why would it be a man in control? Why would he even bother to try to be in control?

After all, what could feel more random than obeying an external command?

Disobeying one. Done it a few times - they don't like it up 'em Mr.Mannering.

Ive seen more david lynch films than alfred hitchcock films....thats something i need to address

I think I'm in the same boat. I've got a few of them on CD but can't remember watching any of them. Unlike many of my peers I never used to watch the black and white films that were on in my day. That said, I did make the effort (after a recommendation) to watch Kind Hearts and Coronets. An absolutely ace film to watch if you find yourself in bed drinking when you should actually be at work.

I think I'm in the same boat. I've got a few of them on CD but can't remember watching any of them. Unlike many of my peers I never used to watch the black and white films that were on in my day. That said, I did make the effort (after a recommendation) to watch Kind Hearts and Coronets. An absolutely ace film to watch if you find yourself in bed drinking when you should actually be at work.

Not seen it, will check it out. My fav black and white film is angels with dirty faces

Hello mr gumby. I'm not sure that I've seen a Hitchcock film so will have to take your word for that. I know at some stages of my life that I've felt like I was in a David Lynch type film - kind of scary, kind of fascinating.

Oh, hitch made some corkers. Psycho was the one I was particularly referring to (dressing up as your mother-wise), but Rebecca, Vertigo, The Birds, North by Northwest, Rear Window and Strangers on a Train are all classics in my book. Lynch never did much for me, just too twisted!

Oh, hitch made some corkers. Psycho was the one I was particularly referring to (dressing up as your mother-wise), but Rebecca, Vertigo, The Birds, North by Northwest, Rear Window and Strangers on a Train are all classics in my book. Lynch never did much for me, just too twisted!

I think I may have to back track as I think I may have seen Rear Window many years ago. I have also put Vertigo on on many an occassion and then turned it off about 5 minutes later.

I am as well versed on Lynch as I am on Hitchcock really. It's just that I once kind of 'connected' with a film of his that I watched.

As an aside, my wife and I have never watched a film together, or since meeting up for that matter. We keep meaning to, but never get around to it. I think it's because we are too busy talking shite to each other instead. That said, I want the first film I chose to show her to be The Straight Story. It gets to me that film does.

Oh yes, Kind Hearts is great, along with many Ealing films, Lavender Hill Mob, The Ladykillers, Passport to Pimlico...

They don't make 'em like that anymore!

Having said that, there are 2 b&w films I would recommend to anyone who hasn't seen them. It's a Wonderful Life and Some Like it Hot. Utterly wonderful, both of them!

Really enjoyed the lost weekend, and its a wonderful life is a classic, it was/is my dads favorite film, seen it many times growing up

the only hitchcock film ive actually seen is birds which i enjoyed...come to think of it ive actually seen more twilight films than alfred hitchcock films....that is a depressing thought

Oh yes, Kind Hearts is great, along with many Ealing films, Lavender Hill Mob, The Ladykillers, Passport to Pimlico...

They don't make 'em like that anymore!

Having said that, there are 2 b&w films I would recommend to anyone who hasn't seen them. It's a Wonderful Life and Some Like it Hot. Utterly wonderful, both of them!

You're missing one. To kill a mocking bird. Love love love that movie. Some like it hot is still one of my all time favourite comedies.

Not a fan of Hitchcock or Lynch though.

I've got It's a Wonderful Life somewhere on cd - it's a long story as to how this came about (it involves me trying to get in to a womans pants, if truth be known) but I have yet to view it. Maybe I'll give it a shot when it snows heavily soon and it feels Christmasy again.

The thing is that I don't watch much telly either nowadays. I think I'm rapidly taking on the intellectual space normally held by an amoeba. Or it could even be it's idiot cousin.

Morning! I missed the film discussion :(

Here's my two pence worth- Rebecca is amazing, it's one of my favourite books and the Hitchcock film is fantastic. As for Lynch, Lost Highway is bonkers and terrifying but great. The man and I are currently re-watching Twin Peaks, also bonkers but great.

I don't really know any of the other films you mention! I need to watch some.

Yup chilly here but bright- looking forward to getting an office with a window very soon so I can see the sky!!!