• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Well I thought I'd got out of the house nice and early this morning, only to be scuppered by a flat tyre on the M6. Nice man (not a "very nice man") from the breakdown company came out and put my spare on. Decided to sack off work and spend the day getting it replaced and doing some college work. Not exactly how I like to spend precious holiday time though...

My control and composure when a tyre blows at 70mph amazes even me...

I feel the same way all day evey day. Mind you, I've never been in a vehicle where it's happened. lol

In reality though - nice one. Happy to hear you had control. I'd like to think I would have too in the same situation, but you never know. Not only that but, presumably, safety depends on external factors out of your control as well eg the position / speed of other cars. That said, your 'escape' from the situation is evidently a nod to your skill as a driver.

I feel the same way all day evey day. Mind you, I've never been in a vehicle where it's happened. lol

In reality though - nice one. Happy to hear you had control. I'd like to think I would have too in the same situation, but you never know. Not only that but, presumably, safety depends on external factors out of your control as well eg the position / speed of other cars. That said, your 'escape' from the situation is evidently a nod to your skill as a driver.

I think survival instinct kicks in really - no point in panicking. I thought it was going to spin for a moment, that could have been disastrous as there was loads of traffic behind me. Luckily it was dry and we were on a straight bit of road. Whacked on the hazard lights, once I got control back managed to shifty over to the hard shoulder. Full marks to my Nationwide roadside assistance who got someone out to me in about 30 minutes. Just as well as it was bloody freezing and I was a very good girl standing behind the barrier on the hard shoulder!

Done almost all my assignment. Still way behind what I should have done by now but it hasn't been a totally wasted day :)