NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

This whole children business must be terrifying, it's bad enough when the Cat makes an odd noise in the night!!

It is something you get used to. When he was first born, I got panicky if he slept half an hour longer than usual, regularly listening at his door to check he was breathing, and quite often waking him up in the process! But as time goes in, you learn to accept they'll bump into things and fall over toys etc. now and again, and you can only do so much. I think we're lucky in a way, because he was 10 1/2 pounds when he was born, and has continued to be strong and robust. It must be harder for parents who have a baby that's like a little china doll.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Also, 10 1/2lb?!??! Yet another reason for me not to have any!! OUCH

Yep, 10 lbs 8 1/2 oz to be precise, about 3 lbs more than average for a boy. Must say I was amazed at how well my wife did. No injections, just gas and air, only swore a couple of times, and only asked me to let the midwives 'cut it out' once, about 10 mins before he arrived!

We had a bit of a drama this morning. Charlie (2 years 1 month), managed to climb out of his cot for the first time. We were just waking up and heard a thud, followed by a wail! No damage done, just made himself jump really, but I now need to convert the cot into a bed, and rearrange the whole room to make sure there's nothing dangerous within reach in case he gets up in the night. It's all fun here!

Apparently when I was about that age I managed to get out of my cot while my parents were downstairs. I also managed to pick up a razor blade (the old type ie potentially lethal) and start slashing my face with it. My mom came in to the room to check on me and screamed out in horror and rushed over to relieve me of the razor blade. Anyway, it would appear that I hadn't cut in too deeply and the scars soon healed. Looking back on it now I suppose just over 2 years old was a bit premature to try go topping myself!

Anyway mr gumby, I'm glad that your little boy is OK. Must have been a shock for you all the same.

Yep, 10 lbs 8 1/2 oz to be precise, about 3 lbs more than average for a boy. Must say I was amazed at how well my wife did. No injections, just gas and air, only swore a couple of times, and only asked me to let the midwives 'cut it out' once, about 10 mins before he arrived!

With my peculiar fear of pregnancy and childbirth, that's made me feel quite odd.

*shudders*

Rubbish!

How's your fox?

But it is overcast and uninspiring - I've just looked out of the window.

I haven't seen the fox since, but I've had little interaction with the outside world these last few days. This has included not even opening the curtains in the house to actually see outside. As you can appreciate, this is a little bit of a handicap when fox watching.