NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Bright and cheery here today - the weather that is. Actually I also feel that way, even though I've got some hard work ahead of me. My folks are moving house and as I'm a 'man with a van' I have to help move loads of stuff today. The major downside of this is that I have a bad back, and that my dad is a pain in the arse when moving stuff. There is no doubt in my mind that expletives will shoot out of his mouth like tracer bullets. Ho hum.

Bend zee knees

Hope it all goes well and that not too many expletives are uttered.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Bend zee knees

Hope it all goes well and that not too many expletives are uttered.

Thanks matt. I've already had one hiccup. The campervan on the drive wouldn't start which meant I couldn't get my other van on the drive to clear all my stuff already in there out so that I had an empty van for the job in hand. Have just managed to sort out starting the campervan out. Now about to clear the van out and get over to my folks. I will bend zee knees as suggested.

Seconded! My vote is for by the sound desk in the Park.

Meet was Thursday last year, as some folk don't arrive til then.

Thanks. I need to plan when I'm getting there etc still, I have stumbled across some people I know who are going but they think it.could be late Thursday when they'll get down. As a newbie I'm.currently trying to decide if I should head.down with them.and then.theres.someone familiar back at camp or if I'm.brave enough to go it alone and do my own thing Edited by thurlow84

May I suggest we have a meet up somewhere relatively quiet? Would be nice to actually communicate :)

Seconded! My vote is for by the sound desk in the Park.

Meet was Thursday last year, as some folk don't arrive til then.

Going by what was discussed and semi agreed a while back the Park was one of two that were thought the best option, the other was the place the main efests meet took place on Weds last year but I forget where that was.

As for time I would say Thursday is best and the time would depend on what is happening lineup wise later in the evening.

I think last year it was Avalon as it was actually an official efests meet for latecomers that ended up being mostly NFR NFC folks................... I think

Thanks. I need to plan when I'm getting there etc still, I have stumbled across some people I know who are going but they think it.could be late Thursday when they'll get down. As a newbie I'm.currently trying to decide if I should head.down with them.and then.theres.someone familiar back at camp or if I'm.brave enough to go it alone and do my own thing

As long as you are OK arriving alone I would say go earlier that late Thursday. The place is MASSIVE and it will take you at least half a day to get your bearings and even then it all looks and feels different come Friday when the masses have all turned up.

Just realised I posted this like an old hand................. I have only been the once yet it feels like I have been forever!

Edited by mattyc1965

Thanks. I need to plan when I'm getting there etc still, I have stumbled across some people I know who are going but they think it.could be late Thursday when they'll get down. As a newbie I'm.currently trying to decide if I should head.down with them.and then.theres.someone familiar back at camp or if I'm.brave enough to go it alone and do my own thing

One option you might want to consider, depending on how many are going, how you're getting there, and how handy you are at putting tents up!

You could go Wednesday, taking everyone's tents, and just the basics you need until the rest arrive. Find a camping area big enough for all the tents, put them all up, and your friends can bring the rest of your gear with them on Thursday, have their tents set up, and buy you several beers as a thank you!

Yog I thought the shut curtains may have been due to all nighters, but I wanted to check! Glad you're ok :)

Thanks lucy :) We've got a night entertaining on Saturday then me and my wife want to get back into a 'normal' routine starting on Monday morning. I think it's time for us to slow down a little on the partying front.

Going by what was discussed and semi agreed a while back the Park was one of two that were thought the best option, the other was the place the main efests meet took place on Weds last year but I forget where that was.

As for time I would say Thursday is best and the time would depend on what is happening lineup wise later in the evening.

I think last year it was Avalon as it was actually an official efests meet for latecomers that ended up being mostly NFR NFC folks................... I think

It wasn't an official meet, it was an unofficial one, so Neil didn't come, but Scottie turned up. I think everyone who was organising it posted on NFR NFC anyway, so it turned out to be 90% sun god worshippers.

Not that it helped, it rained during the meet!

It wasn't an official meet, it was an unofficial one, so Neil didn't come, but Scottie turned up. I think everyone who was organising it posted on NFR NFC anyway, so it turned out to be 90% sun god worshippers.

Not that it helped, it r****d during the meet!

20 Hail NFR's young man!!!!!!

Amended your post with that word adjusted ;-)

Many apologies, talking about the organisation of the meet took me back to my pre-polytheist days. I was baptised during the meet, with all that bloody r***.

Did it again :devil:

You are now in serious trouble young man..... the weather gods will chastise you at some point over the weekend but it may not be when you least expect it!!

Damn scientists

One option you might want to consider, depending on how many are going, how you're getting there, and how handy you are at putting tents up!

You could go Wednesday, taking everyone's tents, and just the basics you need until the rest arrive. Find a camping area big enough for all the tents, put them all up, and your friends can bring the rest of your gear with them on Thursday, have their tents set up, and buy you several beers as a thank you!

Depending on the size of the other tent's I'd be up for this approach. I'd be travelling by coach I reckon so space may be an issue but it's certainly something to consider

As long as you are OK arriving alone I would say go earlier that late Thursday. The place is MASSIVE and it will take you at least half a day to get your bearings and even then it all looks and feels different come Friday when the masses have all turned up.

Just realised I posted this like an old hand................. I have only been the once yet it feels like I have been forever!

I've done smaller loval festivals on my own before but a there small so bearings are easy to find and there local so you quickly bump into.familiar faces

It's the massiveness of Glastonbury that a puts me off venturing alone, but at the same time excites me

Edited by thurlow84

I would try to get there as early as possible in my opinion Glastonbury is 3 different festivals first is Wednesday and Thursday then Friday and Saturday and finally Sunday.