• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

I'd like to suggest another round-robin stylee question!

1. Best holiday or adventure (not including glastonbury!)

2. Worst holiday experience.

For me, the best is a 3 week trip we took several years ago. 1 week in Bangkok (busy, sticky and vibrant), 1 week at the Angkor temples in Cambodia (dusty, sweaty and fascinating) and 1 week on Koh Samui (thatched jungle hut in the hills, jeep trips to crystal clear waterfall pools, riding elephants and the most gorgeous white sand beaches)

The worst was our honeymoon in Corfu. The travel agent said we'd have a nice studio overlooking the sea, and she'd mention to our rep that we were on honeymoon. She didn't tell us we'd be about a mile from Kavos, club 18-30 hellhole! I think our bonus for being newlyweds was actually having a shower curtain!

Wow you lot are a varied bunch! I actually think Dee has the best job ever! Closely followed by Matt. I do love your photos on Facebook. Do you make gifts Matt?.

Oh but then again, fatyeti sounds like a dream! You lucky lucky fellow. Love the random milk reference haha.

Pbird, what do you lecture on? My sister heads up the barbering dept and is constantly doing lesson plans.

Ben I can understand you needing to let your hair down, you have to be ultra professional all of the time! Awesome job tho! Asfaltsblomma, you sound clever. I can only speak a few phrases of Many languages... mainly ordering food and drink.

Guy I broke my back when I was 18, I was very lucky tho and still walk around fine, just a bit of pain. That is pretty pants tho! Genie reflexology sounds miles away from finance,well done on taking the leap to do something different. Sounds like some of you haven't had a choice in re training.

I am a prison officer in a high security establishment. I would love to be a postman to just walk around all day and get chased by Jack Russells! My worst job was working in a m&s factory ironing clothes when I was 17.

My best holiday was skiing in Sestriere and successfully completing the men's downhill black Olympic run, I don't have a worst as I try to make the best of bad situations.

So guys and guyesses, I've read all 335 pages of this thread and still no idea what you all do for a living. Would you be so kind to enlighten me?.

Myself and The CarlosJ both share the same existence. Managing the projects of the council of Leeds. As he said we are just having posts reorganised (read as cut). I've got a wife, who prefers spa treatments to festivals, two daughters, 3 Labradors, 3 moggies and varying numbers of fish.

To combine this answer.

Worst job. Either kitchen washer up in a restaurant, or pizza chef in a take away.

Ideal job. Bass player in a relatively successful rock band. Not that I can play. I did sort of always want that respected driving the band on role.

For me, the best is a 3 week trip we took several years ago. 1 week in Bangkok (busy, sticky and vibrant), 1 week at the Angkor temples in Cambodia (dusty, sweaty and fascinating) and 1 week on Koh Samui (thatched jungle hut in the hills, jeep trips to crystal clear waterfall pools, riding elephants and the most gorgeous white sand beaches)

The worst was our honeymoon in Corfu. The travel agent said we'd have a nice studio overlooking the sea, and she'd mention to our rep that we were on honeymoon. She didn't tell us we'd be about a mile from Kavos, club 18-30 hellhole! I think our bonus for being newlyweds was actually having a shower curtain!

1) Kenya -Every trip gets better and better

2) Malta - Half board but we went out to eat all the time as the food was vile. So very noisy in the hotel and bugger all to do in the location. No wonder it was so cheap. Never again

Best - it's hard to get beyond Hawaii really. Absolutely stunning place and wonderful people.

Worst - the final "family" holiday when I was 12. I was a proper grumpy almost-teen and really made it miserable for my mum, dad and sister. My dad left my mum nine months later so we never went away as the four of us again.

1. Best holiday: Went to Italy and got to meet the italian part of the family.

2. Worst holiday: My family used to spend the summers on this swedish tiny island but the last year we went there I was sick for two weeks. The owners of the boat that takes you there and back didn't think it was necessary to make another trip so I was completely miserable the whole time.

Edited by asfaltsblomma