• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Morning all, thinking about Kendal, but can`t get there till the Fri morning. anbody thats been before any advice? whats the site like, camping etc/

Id recommend it as a festival,been the last 5 years, its not a massive site, so wherever you pitch your tent your no more than 10 mins from the arena at a leisurely pace. You can move between stages easily enough too. Did get wet and muddy last year so some people found it tough going

As for arriving on the friday it wont be much of an issue, one year it did take over an hour to get in on friday morning but every other time its been a lot less time. With james headling on the thursday i do think most people will arrive then this year

I'm tempted by Kendal Calling this year too, very solid line up. Does it normally sell out? I quite like the idea of not planning too much on other festivals and just getting tickets the week before if the sun is shining.

It sold out last year mid may, i think the line up is a fair bit stronger too so it might sell out even sooner....that being said there are usually people selling at face value(nice folk) right up until the last few days. Ive bought and sold with under a week to go for some unorganised nates of mine before

Id recommend it as a festival,been the last 5 years, its not a massive site, so wherever you pitch your tent your no more than 10 mins from the arena at a leisurely pace. You can move between stages easily enough too. Did get wet and muddy last year so some people found it tough going

As for arriving on the friday it wont be much of an issue, one year it did take over an hour to get in on friday morning but every other time its been a lot less time. With james headling on the thursday i do think most people will arrive then this year

Tickets bought :) But I must stop..... Brew@theBog, Bearded Theory, Download,Glastonbury,Kendal Calling,Farmer Phils and Alchemy. :)

Tickets bought :) But I must stop..... Brew@theBog, Bearded Theory, Download,Glastonbury,Kendal Calling,Farmer Phils and Alchemy. :)

Child 3 and I had a lovely festival chat whilst walking the Hound of the Baskervilles in the woods and fields yesterday morning. I was explaining how there is a plus to feeling too guilty to go to any more than one festival per year...

After choosing which one I'm going to (this year, folks, for the first time ever it's GLASTONBU....), I then spend 6+ months in obsessive preparation, listening to ridiculous amounts of new music, discovering oodles of new bands, planning a festival itinerary to within an inch of its life (eschewed to some degree this year, in recognition that my first Glastonbury needs to be 50% previous model, 50% just letting the festival happen to me...) and reaching such a fever pitch of childish anticipation as to be nigh on unsustainable!

I couldn't do that more than once a year! Also, if there was more than one festival in my calendar, that anticipation would be slightly diluted, and whilst somewhat jealous of the annual multiple festival goer, I'm not sure I would want to give that up.

Finally, I seem to have knack of picking the festival that subsequently announces the best 'Ben' line up of the circuit that year. there's a degree of creation to that, as I only explore the undercard of the one I'm gong to, but even so, it seems to ring true...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Mr Ben shall bring the music and the sunshine

That means we just have to bring the smiles - to add to those of Mr Ben

Yes, I will! In addition to the Line-Up gods favouring me, so do the weather gods. Other than the biblical Green Man 2012 (Holy F**k that was hard...!), I have been blessed with exceptional sunniness. That will continue in June 2015. Guaranteed.

Ben

I'd go to more if I could afford it too. However, I do also want to go see places in the world, as well as in a field :) This year will be my 7th Glastonbury in a row and I can't see me stopping any time soon. I'd like to do Glastonbury and a holiday each year, as in somewhere on "the list"- Petra, Egypt, Russia, you know, all the places I really want to visit!

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket!!!

I think my point it- do what you can while you can!!!

I'd go to more if I could afford it too. However, I do also want to go see places in the world, as well as in a field :) This year will be my 7th Glastonbury in a row and I can't see me stopping any time soon. I'd like to do Glastonbury and a holiday each year, as in somewhere on "the list"- Petra, Egypt, Russia, you know, all the places I really want to visit!

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket!!!

I think my point it- do what you can while you can!!!

Whilst one has to factor everyday life into the practicalities of this, Lucy, its a philosophy with which I agree unequivocally. I think that many are in danger of missing so much of life by 'waiting' to do things...especially the British.

how was the MRI?

All organs present, correct and biopsy-recovered?

Ben

x

Whilst one has to factor everyday life into the practicalities of this, Lucy, its a philosophy with which I agree unequivocally. I think that many are in danger of missing so much of life by 'waiting' to do things...especially the British.

how was the MRI?

All organs present, correct and biopsy-recovered?

Ben

x

I would love to travel more, although I do love being at home. I get terribly homesick. I need a base, roots, somewhere I can call home. Having said that, I would love to go for a couple of weeks at a time to visit places. My bestie lives in Finland, we were planning recently "holidays with money as no object" and top of the list is the trans siberian railway. I would LOVE to do that! This year though, it's my beloved Glastonbury and maybe a long weekend or two in the UK :)

MRI was ok thanks! They had a bit of difficulty putting the line in for the dye, I felt peculiar (I'm very squeamish) and had to lie down so they could try the other arm, which was fine. I still havent got super powers though, I'm pretty sure that's what the dye is for ;)

I havent had results of the biopsy yet, so I'm going to ring the hospital tomorrow and see if I can get any info.

Other than that, I am ok thanks! Liver still a bit twingy at times, but generally ok :)

I would love to travel more, although I do love being at home. I get terribly homesick. I need a base, roots, somewhere I can call home. Having said that, I would love to go for a couple of weeks at a time to visit places. My bestie lives in Finland, we were planning recently "holidays with money as no object" and top of the list is the trans siberian railway. I would LOVE to do that! This year though, it's my beloved Glastonbury and maybe a long weekend or two in the UK :)

MRI was ok thanks! They had a bit of difficulty putting the line in for the dye, I felt peculiar (I'm very squeamish) and had to lie down so they could try the other arm, which was fine. I still havent got super powers though, I'm pretty sure that's what the dye is for ;)

I havent had results of the biopsy yet, so I'm going to ring the hospital tomorrow and see if I can get any info.

Other than that, I am ok thanks! Liver still a bit twingy at times, but generally ok :)

Pesky little fellas, livers :)

Ben