• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

I think what i meant was is it 100 until the friiday? Or is it 100 until the wednesday or even the tuesday night queuing that some will be doing?

Ah, I see! I always count down to when gates open on the Wednesday. I know some people arrive on Tuesday in campervans, or to queue overnight, but the festival doesn't really start until we get inside, does it?

I think what i meant was is it 100 until the friiday? Or is it 100 until the wednesday or even the tuesday night queuing that some will be doing?

My countdown app tells me it's 99 days 2 hours and 56 minutes until 7am on the Wednesday

Edited by Mr November

I seem to recall it being mentioned on a documentary on electricity production / demand etc. If you didn't believe the Eastenders thing then this is going to sound like a right whopper but here goes - it used to be the case (and possibly still is) that in times of sudden unexpected surges in the UK we actually switch on a supply from France to meet this demand. There are electricity cables stretching across the English Channel to cater for this. Anyway, I'm even boring myself on the subject now so had better stop.

I thought you were pulling my leg haha. You're not boring me, it's very interesting!

OK -Black outs

Curly girl did not make it up.

Some of the more rightward leaning media are putting things like that out there to try and show us all that green energy is rubbish to give some reason for the government policies.

So I didn't imagine it during one of many drunken stupors?! Wait til I tell mother dearest

I often drop the word 'socioeconomic' into conversation to lend my arguments more gravitas.

Dichotomy's a good one to use too, but it depends on how much the paradigm shifts.

Our favourite pseud's phrase is the 'verticality of experience', that cropped up in a Desert Island Discs from a luvvie

My friends who are going to glastonbury are heading down on the thursday....i now need to decided it i am with them so i have someone to chat too or to see if i just get myself there as early as possible and try to bump into them afterwards

Unless you head down earlier, and move tents to them on Thursday? Not sure about how saving space is received on camping fields. I'd probably stick to the first pitch and make additional friends.

Having to watch the telly at the controls of a power distribution centre - Homer Simpson'esque when you think about it.That apart, I'm completely with you on the fascinated angle. I suppose you know about the electrical pylon engineers that work on live cables in suits similar to chain mail? Can you imagine being the first one to put one of those suits on and climbing up to the overhead power lines and checking the theory that the suits and the system devised would work, or not?

That I hadn't heard of. Certainly not something I fancy testing.

Jeffie

Shhh but keep this to yourself - 550 pages by 23rd March, 600 by 31st March

Then the biggie as we have a new target that is ever growing - April.... 100 pages every 10 days!!

900 by 1st May

What do you reckon?

Good grief - down voted for this by an odd non believer (i.e. no sense of humour) lurker!!!!!

If this annoys you so much young man then prey tell - why come and read this thread? Most odd

Anyway Jeffie - what do you reckon to the targets?

Good grief - down voted for this by an odd non believer (i.e. no sense of humour) lurker!!!!!

If this annoys you so much young man then prey tell - why come and read this thread? Most odd

Anyway Jeffie - what do you reckon to the targets?

Matt, we can only strive. Perhaps we need to reduce the target blocks even further though. How many posts per day?

It's like weightwatchers in reverse....

Ah Matty, I know why the downvote.

Sime is a bit of a sc!£nt!st.

He'll be waiting for the Weather to start.....

I down vote nasty posts........................... so this sort of behavior is odd to me.

If he hears something in public he does not like does he go and have a go at them?

People like him actually put me off going to the main Efests meet as if they can't accept a difference of opinion especially on something that is 'fun' on the interweb then goodness knows what they might be like in 'reality'!

Edited by mattyc1965