• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Excellent! It's my 5th Glastonbury this year and I still accept nothing less than an early Weds morning arrival... The magic of the site filling up throughout Wednesday is one of the best things ever.

Edited by robot86

So, everyone. I can barely contain my excitement!

I've just logged onto my SeeCoaches booking and...they've put me on the very first coach from Birmingham - 0545h!!!

So, just as I had hoped (and the lovely people at See Coaches had promised they would try to help me with...no really!), I will get to spend the maximum amount of time at my first ever GF.

Mrs Ben and some people I talk to have never understood why the idea of going to a festival from anything other than the very beginning would be a massive disappointment to me. I was a bit cross last year when my festival pal was a bit crap meaning we only got to Green Man at about 5pm on the Thursday...gates opened at 1000h!! I was sat outside the train station in Malvern for 2 hours waiting...I knew when he was arriving, but I was determined to leave home and begin my 'festival' at the earliest possible point!

Knowing that I will get all of Wednesday inside the gates of GF has made me more excited than a 5 year old on Christmas Eve....

Ben

x

Chuffed for you Ben. Had a look at mine, 3.45 p.m. from Taunton, which means arriving on site around 5ish. Bit disappointing but far better than not having a ticket!

great news, Ben. i like your excitement, any chance of BenCam at the festival so we can see what you're like when you actually get there?!

Thanks, FY. Not sure there's a lens that will accommodate the grin of unalloyed happiness when I walk through those gates for the very first time. I truly can't wait to meet the people on here. I know the place is enormous, but I would genuinely like to think that I could meet many of you a number of times throughout the course of the five days (and for me five FULL days - did I mention that?!) of the festival.

Ben

Oh, gumby. Can I be the first to buy you a drink at the NFR NFC meet?

Ben

Well, I say. I suppose it would be ungracious, bordering on rude, if I were to refuse such an offer. But only if I can get you your second!

I suspect that arriving at 5, finding a spot, pitching the tent, and then collecting gumby jr. from the drop off point, we're unlikely to make the Wednesday Efests meet, so I'll definitely be at the NFR NFC meet on Thursday. Possibly with the family, too!

Well, I say. I suppose it would be ungracious, bordering on rude, if I were to refuse such an offer. But only if I can get you your second!

I suspect that arriving at 5, finding a spot, pitching the tent, and then collecting gumby jr. from the drop off point, we're unlikely to make the Wednesday Efests meet, so I'll definitely be at the NFR NFC meet on Thursday. Possibly with the family, too!

Sounds lovely, Mr G.

Ben

Ben, so chuffed about the nice early coach, hopefully we can catch up and share a pint or two, would love to see your face when you walk on site for the first time to say I am jealous is a under statement.

I can still see vividly in my memory the 'first sitings' of other festivals, and recall only too clearly the sheer exhilaration of those unrepeatable moments. That anticipation is amplified manyfold for this summer...

You never forget your first time, but you only get one of them. Live it fully.

Ben