NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Well, I once took an IQ test which gave me a score of 140+ and I passed the entrance exam for a school that claimed to only accept the top 5%, which is where I went. To be honest, though, I think I would've been better off at a 'lesser' school. I really didn't enjoy my school days, and have battled against many of the social prejudices they tried to perpetuate ever since. In other words, intelligence is all very well, but happiness is far more important.

Sorry, rant over!

So you're like git propa clever then! I agree being happy is so much more important. I'm not fit clever but I'm certainly not thick either, but im happy and that's all that matters.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Glad Sam is 'better' today.

Cat prgnosis is they do not know but as he is happy then lets not be too worried (well that was more me than them, they wanted lots of expensive pointless stuff).

He now has more tablets this time for achy joints but he is happy which is what matters.

Why did you take the kitty in? They always want lots of tests but as pooches and kitties can't tell you what's wrong I can understand this. Luckily Sam is insured so I wasn't worried. I do hope he is ok and will continue to be so

Why did you take the kitty in? They always want lots of tests but as pooches and kitties can't tell you what's wrong I can understand this. Luckily Sam is insured so I wasn't worried. I do hope he is ok and will continue to be so

He is hyperthyroidic which means without medication he will lose all weight and starve to death.

He has been likemit for 3.5 years and is happy.

He once weighed 5 kg (he is a big cat!!) and that went down to 3.8/9 kg after his illness.

In the last 6 weeks he has gone up to 4.8 kg again so we were a bit concerned about why as that is not normal.

just under three miles door to door so not far! I insisted upon a padded seat and a basket! I want to get a little bit fitter before the festival so I stopped using the car a few weeks ago and started walking instead. If I keep it up until June I'll be fit for 5 days, and nights of dancing and merriment ;)

Oh and thanks I'll have a listen to the playlist ;)

That's not bad then. Some of the lads I work with cycle 20+ miles each way. Now that's gotta hurt!! 5 days of dancing has my legs trembling. Especially guilty pleasures. Love the cheese!

So you're like git propa clever then! I agree being happy is so much more important. I'm not fit clever but I'm certainly not thick either, but im happy and that's all that matters.

It absolutely is!

I've got a high IQ, and good general knowledge etc, but that's not necessarily the same as being clever. Without empathy and the ability to develop friendships, the most 'clever' person in the world will end up sad, lonely and unfulfilled. I guess that kind of thinking is partly why I didn't really fit in at school!

He is hyperthyroidic which means without medication he will lose all weight and starve to death.

He has been likemit for 3.5 years and is happy.

He once weighed 5 kg (he is a big cat!!) and that went down to 3.8/9 kg after his illness.

In the last 6 weeks he has gone up to 4.8 kg again so we were a bit concerned about why as that is not normal.

Is hyperthyroidic like overactive thyroid in our world? Maybe he needs bloods done to check his thyroid level if that's the case. As long as he's happy then all is ok. If he starts to get fat then he may be having too many meds as his thyroid is levelling out?

What do I know... I'm just a screw! Hope he is ok Matty.

It absolutely is!

I've got a high IQ, and good general knowledge etc, but that's not necessarily the same as being clever. Without empathy and the ability to develop friendships, the most 'clever' person in the world will end up sad, lonely and unfulfilled. I guess that kind of thinking is partly why I didn't really fit in at school!

I hated school. I was bullied and couldn't see the blackboard! But I studied hard and got all of my GCSEs so not too bad. Went on to college and uni. I always had to work hard to achieve. I'm crap at General knowledge. It's like my brain only wants to remember fun stuff!

Is hyperthyroidic like overactive thyroid in our world? Maybe he needs bloods done to check his thyroid level if that's the case. As long as he's happy then all is ok. If he starts to get fat then he may be having too many meds as his thyroid is levelling out?

What do I know... I'm just a screw! Hope he is ok Matty.

That is exactly what we thought - but the meds he is on are based on his weight and putting on weight means his meds are actually lowering and therefore he would lose weight..............................

Does that make sense?

I know what I and the vet mean LOL

It is like overactive thyroid yes btw

That is exactly what we thought - but the meds he is on are based on his weight and putting on weight means his meds are actually lowering and therefore he would lose weight..............................

Does that make sense?

I know what I and the vet mean LOL

It is like overactive thyroid yes btw

So maybe under active which meds should made him lose weight but now he's putting it on again. All this medical stuff is confusing. Where is Ben when we need him?

I'm curious to know if any of you have ever taken your pets to complementary therapists? Although the vet is always my first point of contact I have used them on occasion when the vets wanted to put my cat down after he'd been run over. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had a good outcome using other therapists xx