NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Morning all. Good news for H.M.V.

I hope the heart rates have all returned to normal, well at least until Sunday. So glad I don't have to go through all that to get a ticket. I think I would go into melt down.

Anyway on the weather front, still walking Big Dog at 7.45am in a t-shirt (me not BD, that would embarrass him) in October - how mad is that! Down on the farm M.E gave us a wave as he cheerily followed a wagon of sheep arriving on the farm. Once they are out in the fields that will give Big Dog something else to look at. LOOK NOT TOUCH!!

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Morning all, I've been offered an allotment in the village (mine is in the next one). I take this as a sign that I will be given exclusive access to 10 ticket pages on Sunday for us, and for Emily to offer for the Park Stage to be named after me. NFR NFC NFiS y'all.

14 minutes is scary! Was it 9 last year?

Slodge what do you mean ALT tab f5? Am I missing something?

We've got 2 lots of 6 and one lot of 4 to get but once (hopefully!) they are done I will help if I can!!

I presume Slodge is talking about refreshing using multiple browsers (not tabs) and using ALT+Tab to switch between each one, refreshing as he goes.

14 minutes is scary! Was it 9 last year?

Slodge what do you mean ALT tab f5? Am I missing something?

We've got 2 lots of 6 and one lot of 4 to get but once (hopefully!) they are done I will help if I can!!

Not sure about alt F5, but Ctrl F5 does a forced refresh from the server, as F5 alone can sometimes refresh the webpage from cache on your laptop, which therefore be out of date.

As Stu says, you can use different browsers, Safari, Chrome, IE, Firefox. But only one tab in each. Cycle betwen them and hit F5,

Practically, I don't think you can do 4 browsers, gets too confusing.

Especially when like me you've also got a work laptop on VPN (which after last years success was shite last night btw)....

No! You should only be using one tab per browser.

Ok, yes, I agree for Glastonbury, it should be 1 tab, but I was being general. However, when I had errors last year, I closed the other tabs, refreshed, and gulp, got tickets. It is going to be sooooooo hard to manage tabs, browsers, notepad files, facebook groups and eFests.

As Stu says, you can use different browsers, Safari, Chrome, IE, Firefox. But only one tab in each. Cycle betwen them and hit F5,

Practically, I don't think you can do 4 browsers, gets too confusing.

Especially when like me you've also got a work laptop on VPN (which after last years success was shite last night btw)....

VPN? Whats that?

I am going to have one window open with one tab for the ticket page, one for facebook, one for twitter and one for efests. Then I will f5 each one!

Will that be ok? I really dont know about technical things!!

I'd say yes. I had that last year, with a couple of more stuff an I couldn't cope with more

VPN? Whats that?

Virtual Private Network, the way we (Jeffie and I) use it in work is to create an encrypted connection from the laptop from home or Costa Coffee, or wherever, into the work network, so that data going back and forth is protected, In other words, Jeffie's using his work's laptop. I'm not, so you takes your choice...

last nice week so get out there before A you have to get tickets and B just because lol ...................................... we had a nice drive up to polesden lacey today http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/polesden-lacey/ had a nice stroll and talked about glasto and tings lol but it was lovely .

fitting the new hob cooker that we had brought whilst up there wasnt so fun but hey ho lolol

I'd say yes. I had that last year, with a couple of more stuff an I couldn't cope with more

Virtual Private Network, the way we (Jeffie and I) use it in work is to create an encrypted connection from the laptop from home or Costa Coffee, or wherever, into the work network, so that data going back and forth is protected, In other words, Jeffie's using his work's laptop. I'm not, so you takes your choice...

Costa Coffee? Wouldn't be caught dead.

I agree with the too many windows thing though. It's too much. My work laptop failed abysmally last night by the way....

I see! I think.

I shall just be using my old laptop, no idea how fast it is or anything like that. I shall try on my phone too I expect.

last nice week so get out there before A you have to get tickets and B just because lol ...................................... we had a nice drive up to polesden lacey today http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/polesden-lacey/ had a nice stroll and talked about glasto and tings lol but it was lovely .

fitting the new hob cooker that we had brought whilst up there wasnt so fun but hey ho lolol

I may well take myself for a day trip after the Ticket Fiasco on Sunday. I'm so lucky having woods right outside my house so I can see the change in season from my back door :)