NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

A lot of the time people think they know what is best for themselves when they are ill, and won't accept help or advice. I think you just have to keep trying to convince her gently to do what is suggested.

Is that what you mean? Hope everythings ok x

Yes and no and I am not sure.................... it is all very confusing but Mum makes things worse by doing exactly what she knows is wrong (she knows cos she tells us!!).

We keep trying to tell her - but she is very good at not listening!

Sorry to go on but today it being a bad one in parental respects - my poor brother gets most of the hassles as he lives nearby and I just feel lost.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

You're not going on at all! I suppose all you can do is listen and visit when you can.

I'm not very good with this sort of thing I'm afraid, I tend to take a very "right lest get on with things" attitude!! I've never had anyone close to me be very poorly, so not really sure what I'd do in a prolonged illness situation .

Sending love your way Matt xx

The summer has left London now I think :( Got quite warm in the afternoons despite dark horrible cold winter mornings over the last week or so!(Even even the odd morning was sunny!)

Just bleak out all day today so far!

I think its lefty the South too! Very blustery today!

Yes and no and I am not sure.................... it is all very confusing but Mum makes things worse by doing exactly what she knows is wrong (she knows cos she tells us!!).

We keep trying to tell her - but she is very good at not listening!

Sorry to go on but today it being a bad one in parental respects - my poor brother gets most of the hassles as he lives nearby and I just feel lost.

It's a difficult time, you're ok, you're not going on about it. Hope you both are able to sort something out.

Man hug.

I have no advice Matt, but I will offer a cyber bear hug!

I think its lefty the South too! Very blustery today!

Its just returned in the last hour or so!!! I spoke to soon it would seem!

Hope this is not eatting into next June's sun hours!

Edited by LondonTom

I think the spirit of our neighbour Andrew was having a laugh with us all here in Pilton. BBC were just on about nuclear power and the presenter said, whilst showing a map of the world, " where there's power there's trouble" at which point the power trips and the tv goes off. Back on a second later. I know he had his views on such green matters.

Managed 2 warm and sunny walks with Big Dog today so summer is still just hanging on here in Zummerzet

Matty - hang in there. There will always be bad days and good days. We just have to focus on the good a little more.

Lucy - flying ginger doctor for you young lady ( Famous Grouse and ginger wine)

Carlos - you're only as old as the woman you feel, or summat like that.

Everyone else - as you were

Any suggestions on what to do when someone does the opposite of what is good for them and makes those in authority think they cannot cope?

Maybe she can't, or doesn't want to, cope? It sounds from what you're saying that she knows what she's doing and the repercussions of it.

Maybe she can't, or doesn't want to, cope? It sounds from what you're saying that she knows what she's doing and the repercussions of it.

We did think that, but then she says she does not want to go into a home.

We all just want her to be happy and where she wants to be - the problem is we have no idea what or where that is.

Time will make things clearer, hopefully.

Hi everyone. It has taken me 11 hours to read through this entire thread and now I feel like I know you all!!! What I'm not understanding is the reference to "Finnbar"! Is this like the random shouting of "Alan" around the festival? It's fab to find such likeminded people... obsessed with Glastonbury. My mum didn't get it until I showed her the forum, she thought it was just me going on ridiculous every Tday. If anyone (I know about S2H) needs a ticket in the resale, I'll do my best. Got to try for 2 friends. Looking forward to meeting you all at the meet?

Hi everyone. It has taken me 11 hours to read through this entire thread and now I feel like I know you all!!! What I'm not understanding is the reference to "Finnbar"! Is this like the random shouting of "Alan" around the festival? It's fab to find such likeminded people... obsessed with Glastonbury. My mum didn't get it until I showed her the forum, she thought it was just me going on ridiculous every Tday. If anyone (I know about S2H) needs a ticket in the resale, I'll do my best. Got to try for 2 friends. Looking forward to meeting you all at the meet?

Curly, if you like a challenge have a look at the 700 plus pages of NFR NFC for 2013 to 2014. Then you'll see how mad it gets lol

Ok I get it now. I did notice it was said after something rather 'cheeky' haha.

Your mum sounds just like my nana. We know what's best for her but she will continue to do things that aren't good for her. It is very frustrating and I feel for you!

I hope things improve for you.

welcome to the nutters thread Curlygirl ...........

strange weather down here sunny one min pissing down the next and wots worse the its the same for the week end lol ..........shall i get out in the waggon or not ah .uummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

did i mention that i hate winter btw ...no well its like this ............ill tell you wot ill save that for another day lol

We did think that, but then she says she does not want to go into a home.

We all just want her to be happy and where she wants to be - the problem is we have no idea what or where that is.

Time will make things clearer, hopefully.

Hi Matt, I think a big part of the problem is that they are mums. They've been in charge and it's hard for that to change, to let others get involved in the decisions.

My mum was as stubborn as they come. She went and got a bloody toy poodle after she'd fallen and basically smashed her spine. We just ran around picking up the pieces after she made bonkers decisions. With hindsight I think that's what kept her going.

Her favourite poem was Warning by Jenny Joseph. If you don't know it, look it up.

Good luck anyway.

Jeffie I did consider that but I haven't got a week off work! Plus I'm a technophobe and don't have a clue how to find it. How do you lot include a post in the post? You know what I mean? When you put someone else's post in your statement then reply to it?

It did go on a bit. We do plan to break the all time record for number of posts before next year this time.

There's a quote button that puts the post into the new posting box. Then you type below it.

Edited by jeffie

Jeffie I did consider that but I haven't got a week off work! Plus I'm a technophobe and don't have a clue how to find it. How do you lot include a post in the post? You know what I mean? When you put someone else's post in your statement then reply to it?

Use the quote button, bottom right.

Hello by the way. 11 hours though? Fair play to you, though I worry for your sanity, in a good way.