• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Hi Matt, I think a big part of the problem is that they are mums. They've been in charge and it's hard for that to change, to let others get involved in the decisions.

My mum was as stubborn as they come. She went and got a bloody toy poodle after she'd fallen and basically smashed her spine. We just ran around picking up the pieces after she made bonkers decisions. With hindsight I think that's what kept her going.

Her favourite poem was Warning by Jenny Joseph. If you don't know it, look it up.

Good luck anyway.

I have just looked it up and I love it! I will live by this 100%

What I'm not understanding is the reference to "Finnbar"! Is this like the random shouting of "Alan" around the festival?

There are two big differences. Firstly, the 'Finbarrs' on this thread are usually quite funny, and secondly, they don't wake you up at 4 in the morning when you're trying to get some sleep!

Anyway, welcome to the NFR NFC family! Hope to meet you next June :-)

There are two big differences. Firstly, the 'Finbarrs' on this thread are usually quite funny, and secondly, they don't wake you up at 4 in the morning when you're trying to get some sleep!

Now you've said this I shall have to make it my mission to find your tent next June and Finbar you at 4 in the morning :girlwink:

Hi everyone. It has taken me 11 hours to read through this entire thread and now I feel like I know you all!!! What I'm not understanding is the reference to "Finnbar"! Is this like the random shouting of "Alan" around the festival? It's fab to find such likeminded people... obsessed with Glastonbury. My mum didn't get it until I showed her the forum, she thought it was just me going on ridiculous every Tday. If anyone (I know about S2H) needs a ticket in the resale, I'll do my best. Got to try for 2 friends. Looking forward to meeting you all at the meet?

Wow, what an entrance. Introducing yourself by offering to help me get a ticket!

You can stay :)

Well judging by the flag in your avatar..........................................

Oy, it's all natural colours! ;-)

I think the spirit of our neighbour Andrew was having a laugh with us all here in Pilton. BBC were just on about nuclear power and the presenter said, whilst showing a map of the world, " where there's power there's trouble" at which point the power trips and the tv goes off. Back on a second later. I know he had his views on such green matters.

Managed 2 warm and sunny walks with Big Dog today so summer is still just hanging on here in Zummerzet

Matty - hang in there. There will always be bad days and good days. We just have to focus on the good a little more.

Lucy - flying ginger doctor for you young lady ( Famous Grouse and ginger wine)

Carlos - you're only as old as the woman you feel, or summat like that.

Everyone else - as you were

Yep, she's 2 years younger, although she's knocked a decade off my outlook.

Hi everyone. It has taken me 11 hours to read through this entire thread and now I feel like I know you all!!! What I'm not understanding is the reference to "Finnbar"! Is this like the random shouting of "Alan" around the festival? It's fab to find such likeminded people... obsessed with Glastonbury. My mum didn't get it until I showed her the forum, she thought it was just me going on ridiculous every Tday. If anyone (I know about S2H) needs a ticket in the resale, I'll do my best. Got to try for 2 friends. Looking forward to meeting you all at the meet?

Welcome! Are you ginger too, if so, you'll fit even more in. When you get the hang of this, I clicked on the multiquote button for each quote and then the 'reply to posts' button that appeared to include them all here.

Very warm welcome Curlygirl as you can see we are all slightly mad but I can assure you we are a friendly bunch, will be great to meet you at the meet and hopefully around the festival.

If you are on Facebook we have a NFR NFC group there as well.

Anyway, welcome to the NFR NFC family! Hope to meet you next June :-)

Mr Finbar, I am afraid to say I am never in my tent at 4am and mostly rather intoxicated therefore I find the random "Alan" quite amusing. Sad I know lol

Hello and welcome! I'm loving the "FINBARR!" idea!

Oy, it's all natural colours! ;-)

Yep, she's 2 years younger, although she's knocked a decade off my outlook.

Welcome! Are you ginger too, if so, you'll fit even more in. When you get the hang of this, I clicked on the multiquote button for each quote and then the 'reply to posts' button that appeared to include them all here.

Fraid not Carlos, I'm very dark!tho I still hope to fit in :0) what does the multivariate thing do?

Very warm welcome Curlygirl as you can see we are all slightly mad but I can assure you we are a friendly bunch, will be great to meet you at the meet and hopefully around the festival.

If you are on Facebook we have a NFR NFC group there as well.[/quote

Already joined it Splodge but TY! I like the fact that everyone on here helps each other, great.