• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

1965008_726043587442811_5760523897240319

I normally feel a natural repulsion to anything directly connected to the whole Beatles thing. However, I thought the quote above, which I saw for the first time tonight, very appealing. I've had a brief look at the background (fleeting would be the operative word) and found that there are more important words of the quote that should be seen / taken into consideration also. These are;

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

Morning all. Lovely pic bamber, if it's Settle, it looks like it's surrounded by misty rain forests. (*thinks* - must overcome the urge to leave work to live in a hot climate till Spring)

I normally feel a natural repulsion to anything directly connected to the whole Beatles thing. However, I thought the quote above, which I saw for the first time tonight, very appealing. I've had a brief look at the background (fleeting would be the operative word) and found that there are more important words of the quote that should be seen / taken into consideration also. These are;

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

Absolutely agree.

I too am not a big Beatles bloke but have read and listened to lots of what John Lennon said - you can understand why he had to be removed by the powers that be.!!!!

Morning!! Never quite got the beatles either.

Well my sore throat is still sore, but getting better. Went to a play last night, local am dram but directed by Mr Gingers Mummy, it was very good! Got a party to go to tonight then I plan to sleep!!

Ooh and we're off to Cornwall in a couple of weeks :)

Morning!! Never quite got the beatles either.

Well my sore throat is still sore, but getting better. Went to a play last night, local am dram but directed by Mr Gingers Mummy, it was very good! Got a party to go to tonight then I plan to sleep!!

Ooh and we're off to Cornwall in a couple of weeks :)

Sunny weather ordered for Cornwall in 2 weeks.

Directed by Mummy Ginger!!!

Hope the throat gets better soon. Gargle with the ginger wine!

Some of those comments made my blood boil.

Lucy you are quite safe would never fight with Matty or indeed anyone.

I love the fact that they were all really really quick to condemn the boar and moan about the mess but now I have given them a question they have to think about - silence....

and I have given them the chance to help clear up with a mass litter pick (on another thread) and again...... silence!!!!

I love the fact that they were all really really quick to condemn the boar and moan about the mess but now I have given them a question they have to think about - silence....

and I have given them the chance to help clear up with a mass litter pick (on another thread) and again...... silence!!!!

I think I killed the conversation!!

45 minutes since I asked the question and offered the chance to help clear up and not a thing!!!! LOL