NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Cheerful sod today aren't I? I hate talking about environmental matters, because it looks so grim.

Anyway, found out this week that John Lennon is on Spotify, which I was very pleased about.

When talking about the planet and what we humans are doing to it I find it very hard to be positive................................. however, there are many things that are positive and good the trouble is they are only small and well hidden.

There are days I pull my hair out....................... oh, wait a sec, I am bald!!

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Well I am off soon, going to a house party tongiht and I'm rather looking forward to it.

Forgot my password for here so cant log in on my phone as yet, will try to sort it over the weekend!

Have a good one everyone :)

Did you know that if you use Chrome, you can get your password in plain text out of settings?

Cheerful sod today aren't I? I hate talking about environmental matters, because it looks so grim.

Anyway, found out this week that John Lennon is on Spotify, which I was very pleased about.

I thought he was dead?

Speaking of dead rock stars:

IMG_20141010_115638779_zpstapo5zue.jpg

Seen on a wall in Montevideo today.

Edited by fatyeti24

Wow, can't get over the Beatles hatred in here. Going to have to unsubscribe from this thread ye bunch of freaks!!! :P

It's a result of years of civil indoctrination. You know the kind of thing:

No music will sound better than the Beatles.

No comedy well be funnier than Monty Python.

Jimmy Savile is just eccentric.

There comes a time when you just have to say No!

That last album that got 5* reviews, but had no good songs on it? Though admittedly, I'm not one to judge the man, never having been a fan.

(make of that what you will)

I have listened to his music lots and the only stuff I really liked was the early 1980's stuff apart from that it was all a bit ................. well 70's glam

As you say 5* reviews and it really was bluuuuggggghhhh

The name got 4 of the stars

I have listened to his music lots and the only stuff I really liked was the early 1980's stuff apart from that it was all a bit ................. well 70's glam

As you say 5* reviews and it really was bluuuuggggghhhh

The name got 4 of the stars

Matthew, you're a lovely chap, but your musical taste is.... different to mine!

Hunky Dory not do it for you? Only one glam rock song on there, the rest is just good, good music.

Matthew, you're a lovely chap, but your musical taste is.... different to mine!

Hunky Dory not do it for you? Only one glam rock song on there, the rest is just good, good music.

It is indeed different - I have listened to Hunky Dory lots in the past, though admittedly not for a good 20 years - and it left me cold.

I can guarantee that we have much musical taste in common. I just seem to not be particularly into lots of the old mainstream stuff.

I normally feel a natural repulsion to anything directly connected to the whole Beatles thing. However, I thought the quote above, which I saw for the first time tonight, very appealing. I've had a brief look at the background (fleeting would be the operative word) and found that there are more important words of the quote that should be seen / taken into consideration also. These are;

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life.

He was a flawed, conflicted, very messed up bloke:

Normal family messed up, multiplied by unprecedented idolised fame messed up.

Decent ideals though.

And i ADORE Yog, btw.

Evening all, so I'm partial to early Beatles, some Bowie, maybe I'm a weird half ginger hybrid?

Found out I'm doing a table top sale tomorrow, ha ha, ransacked the attic for stuff and suits I've, er, outgrown, and DVDs. I may not be back until Sunday, as I've then to transfer plants from 1 allotment to the other. Sunday will be chill day. Stay dry out there peeps.

After being told off by Matthew we're now back to chatting on Efests rather than Facebook. Sorry Matthew. So good night had by me, moved back home after spending time with grandad & Confirmed Kendal Calling. Ready for bed now tho peeps, up at 5. Will catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing ok. Nite nite x

After being told off by Matthew we're now back to chatting on Efests rather than Facebook. Sorry Matthew. So good night had by me, moved back home after spending time with grandad & Confirmed Kendal Calling. Ready for bed now tho peeps, up at 5. Will catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing ok. Nite nite x

Only playing!

I've had an off grid day trimming my mother-in-law's bush (no, really!) so popped in to say a quick hello before sleep. I'll try to contribute a bit more over the weekend.

Night all!

Maybe next year we should all take canoes, sort of inverse psychology?

Yes, excellent idea! What is the rule on boats, are they allowed on site or would we have to stay in the campervan field??

Edited by JoBalls