• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

My apologies for my part in that - especially the c word bit. I couldn't think of another swear word so thought 'publish and be dammed'. Right now I'm not too sure that was the best advice I could have given myself.

Not a problem - and it was well ***'ed

One is most proper and rarely swears so one is receiving an education in the arts of potty mouth from some lovely folks.

Potty-Mouth.jpg

Bastard sounds like it's French in origin, or Latin at least.

Clever lad

Middle English: via Old French from medieval Latin bastardus, probably from bastum packsaddle; compare with Old French fils de bast, packsaddle son (i.e. the son of a mule driver who uses a packsaddle for a pillow and is gone by morning).

so can i have a bit help .......

yesterday whilst drive in a 30 i was doing about 38 [ this is on open rds out of town ....[ Salisbury if any one knows it ] any way the misses has a go at me now im of the opion that i was driving THE SPEED OF THE ROAD ie i was just doing a safe speed the same as the car WAY up in front ..and i was coming up to a 60mph bit .

now the wife thinks i should have been doing 30mph exact then speed up at the 60mph then speed up then as it comes to the next 30 mph slow down straight away like 30////////////////////60////////////////////////30////////////////////50///////////////// thats how the road goes

now me i WAS doing wot i call the speed of the road so i speed up a little so im not going fast //slow fast //slow ......its called the speed of the road and it keeps traffic going in an orderly manner .unlike my wife who slows right down as soon as she hits 30mph sign and then speeds up as soon as shes next to the 60 mph sign so its fast.......slow.....fast......slow and she wanders why people want to overtake her and just drive the speed of the road .....

anyway does any one get this and do you drive the same way ......

One is most proper and rarely swears so one is receiving an education in the arts of potty mouth from some lovely folks.

I was weaned on swear words. My father was particularly influential in this area. Both he and my rarely swearing mother are Irish. If you are wondering why that's important it is because many Irish people use swear words almost as an art form,.in my opinion. The swear words just aren't intended to be insulting. I guess that's where I kind of get my stance from.

yesterday whilst drive in a 30 i was doing about 38 [ this is on open rds out of town ....[ Salisbury if any one knows it ] any way the misses has a go at me now im of the opion that i was driving THE SPEED OF THE ROAD ie i was just doing a safe speed the same as the car WAY up in front ..and i was coming up to a 60mph bit .

now the wife thinks i should have been doing 30mph exact then speed up at the 60mph then speed up then as it comes to the next 30 mph slow down straight away like 30////////////////////60////////////////////////30////////////////////50///////////////// thats how the road goes

now me i WAS doing wot i call the speed of the road so i speed up a little so im not going fast //slow fast //slow ......its called the speed of the road and it keeps traffic going in an orderly manner .unlike my wife who slows right down as soon as she hits 30mph sign and then speeds up as soon as shes next to the 60 mph sign so its fast.......slow.....fast......slow and she wanders why people want to overtake her and just drive the speed of the road .....

I'd drive the same way as you indicated guy. I'd also say that the sudden stop starting that your wife does is actually dangerous to the majority of other road users, in my opinion. At the very least it will slow up a smoother flow of traffic.

Middle laners on the motorway are the people who get on my nerves. What drives people to get in the middle lane and stay there until the end of their motorway 'experience'. You look at the bastards and they would appear to all be completely oblivious to the complete fuck up they are creating. I still can't work out if it's done out of selfishness or stupidity.

Generally is drive like that, but then last year I got caught by a sneaky cop. £100 or thereabouts to do a driver awareness course. That's one thing I haven't missed about England, all the body cameras everywhere.

Middle lane motorway drivers should be shot. No judge, no jury, just against the wall. Bang. Or at least get a stern talking to from the rest of us. Either is good.

I haven't driven anything since last Xmas though, longest I've ever gone without since I passed my test!

You should try driving in Ireland, I spend me life undertaking idiots who sit in the "fast" lane. The driving lane is usually empty. I want a nail gun for all their tyres to get them off the fecking road.

Was driving to the airport late one night and nobody on the motorway and still some arsehole was in the overtaking lane. The annoying thing is, is that I can get done for undertaking them!!! Twatweasel knobjockeys!!!

You should try driving in Ireland, I spend me life undertaking idiots who sit in the "fast" lane. The driving lane is usually empty. I want a nail gun for all their tyres to get them off the fecking road.

Was driving to the airport late one night and nobody on the motorway and still some arsehole was in the overtaking lane. The annoying thing is, is that I can get done for undertaking them!!! Twatweasel knobjockeys!!!

Not just Ireland - exactly the same here and the more lanes you build, i.e. M25, the more empty lanes you get on the inside.

Twatweasel is now my word of the day!