Beer sales

Guest mfeltham

Dont know about Weston but Hylands must of been made up of 60 - 70% of kids not old enough to drink, so beer sales must be down significantly. Its a good thing us older generation as the bar and beer token queues were non existant. I remember the days when it would take 20-30 mins to get to the bar! No sell out, beer sales down, lets hope the organisers see it as a sign to return V back to it's roots.

Don't think a return is possible. They have as much of the old type of guitar music as they used to, it's just lower down because its not popular anymore.

It's more likely they'll just reduce what's on offer, less food, less music -elbow had a ridiculously small crowd, maybe they'll just sack off the guitar type music altogether

Definately less bottle throwing this year which is an improvment, but not too sure about the guitar band popularity side of things. Foo's or coldplay would sell it.

Elbow as good as they are, are not a V headline act and were never going to attract a big crowd as they are not what the younger crowd like.

Killers got a crowd right? Mainstream guitar bands will sell it, mix in a few dance acts and a few pop and it can be as good as it used to be and get the diverse crowd with it.

Foos/Coldplay/Muse

+

Disclosure/Pharrell/Calvin Harris

= Sell out

My money is on Pharrell for next year. Nailed on if V wanna splash the cash on a big act.

Definately less bottle throwing this year which is an improvment, but not too sure about the guitar band popularity side of things. Foo's or coldplay would sell it.

Elbow as good as they are, are not a V headline act and were never going to attract a big crowd as they are not what the younger crowd like.

Killers got a crowd right? Mainstream guitar bands will sell it, mix in a few dance acts and a few pop and it can be as good as it used to be and get the diverse crowd with it.

Foos/Coldplay/Muse

+

Disclosure/Pharrell/Calvin Harris

= Sell out

My money is on Pharrell for next year. Nailed on if V wanna splash the cash on a big act.

I reckon they could get away with pharrell playing and not headlining too, which would help shift some tickets.

Arctic monkeys are likely now they have become 'cool' again (personally hate AM but it's sent them to another level).

I agree though - coldplay and muse would definitely sell (and either one of those would make me get a day ticket for sure) , maybe kasabian if we're going with the V cycle of headliners!