Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

43 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

Trying HAAi next Friday, followed by Giant Swan on the Saturday. Anyone seen them?

HAAi is great.

I couldn't get into Giant Swan at Glasto despite the hype, but I also found that stage was bouncing the audio in a very strange way. It was louder outside the tent, than where we were inside the tent. 

16 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Giant Swan are tremendous. Very intense and noisy, different set/vibe every time I've seen them, which I think is their intention 

I don't think they rehearse much, but their sets aren't full improv either I don't think. Amazing energy though. They would be better in a dingy club rather than a tent at glasto.

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I don't think they rehearse much, but their sets aren't full improv either I don't think. Amazing energy though. They would be better in a dingy club rather than a tent at glasto.

Wow tent felt like a dinghy club to be honest, very low ceiling for a tent (was it even a tent?) - the lights are so tacky in it as well!

On 11/12/2022 at 1:30 PM, Tremas said:

1am and played a 2 hour set. Barker and JakoJako ended up playing b2b. Not sure if you’ll get similar treatment tonight. There were no set times posted in the venue at all.

Rather unsurprisingly, he was also on good form on the Saturday. We got Daniel Avery for 90 minutes, then JH for 2 hours and then Haai for 90+ minutes. 

JH's crowd pleaser was 'Hey Boy Hey Girls' and he ended with 'Baby We're Ascending' with Haai looking suitably bashful by his side.

Top night with Koko busy but not rammed and an excellent sound-system.

• Upvote 1

Who are we hoping for in 2023 then dance heads? 

Having managed to miss (or in some cases get no where near the tent) HAAI, Anz, Four Tet and TSHA I’m hoping they all return. 

A Jon Hopkins DJ set wouldn’t go amiss. 

Job Jobse, Palm Trax and maybe a bit of old school trance somewhere too. 

2 minutes ago, stanh said:

Fred Again.., The Prodigy, Skrillex are my main wants. Then would be happy with any decent Tech-House DJ's really, alongside some DNB/Techno - but all of that is pretty much a given. Then an act I'd love, but can't see happening is ODESZA. 

Yeah forgot to mention Fred Again, he’s basically my number one for the weekend (after Elton). 

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Pulp and Prodigy for me - which is good as both are nailed on. Orbital would be third i guess or maybe someone i've not even thought of!

I’m not getting my hopes up on Pulp. 

It looks like a done deal, but until it’s over the line I’m not allowing myself to get hyped! 

Prodigy I may give another shot clash dependent, I love them, the music of my youth, but I’ve really not enjoyed the live experience the two times I’ve seen them. 

27 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’m not getting my hopes up on Pulp. 

It looks like a done deal, but until it’s over the line I’m not allowing myself to get hyped! 

Prodigy I may give another shot clash dependent, I love them, the music of my youth, but I’ve really not enjoyed the live experience the two times I’ve seen them. 

I saw your comment on another thread about the 'prodigy warriors' thing, potentially that may have (sadly) gone now i guess.

Fred Again... Hoping somewhere like JP or WH (maybe even a cheeky secret DJ set at Stonebridge later)

Folamour could potentially return since he bailed last time, he didn't fit into my schedule last time, so maybe this time he would. 

Wonder if the same counts for Solomun too? 

Wouldn't mind Palmsy or Jobse, but feel like whenever set times come out, I just can't find space for them in the clashes.

I thought Prodigy had a chance of playing, but their IG post says "Only UK Headline show" or something

I also wonder if there's any chance of Pendulum, with their Brixton shows coming.

Maybe this is the year Jamie XX gets an Arcadia headline slot?

Saw them last time, but would probably give Piri & Tommy another watch, really enjoyed it on Thursday

Of course, Two Shell. Can't believe they clashed with Bicep & Kendrick.