Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Just checked, at Ally Pally it's:

19:30 UW 1st set

20:30 Transition playlist UW

21:00 UW 2nd set

22:45 curfew 

I’m actually going to struggle to make the start of this, trains were planned to get there at 7.30 as assumed it would start at 8…Desperately asks the wife if I can leave her with the kids earlier than planned!

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bicep are premiering their Chromavision show in LA on 16 April. Did we think this is something that could be done on IICON? Or would that be too big a crowd?

Ben

It could definitely be done and yes it would be rammo. Not sure if the usual Chroma visuals can transfer onto the "head" screen though. Seems quite limited what can be done on that. Which I like, btw. It's not supposed to be a light show tour de force, is it? Quite lo-fi. Although, I guess there's scope for decent projection mapping.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If they did that around headliner time on Friday or Saturday, that might do me nicely! 

Ben

Yes mate I’m hoping this pops up too, nothing on the big 5 for me so far. (Small matter of needing a ticket too, but that’s a minor detail). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Send me your details nearer the time and we'll do our best. I'm sure others on here could assist, too

Absolutely. I do have one camp mate currently stranded, but once he's done, i am full gas for any E/Ders in need. We need to make sure we sort @Fishmantoo...

Ben
x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Send me your details nearer the time and we'll do our best. I'm sure others on here could assist, too

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Absolutely. I do have one camp mate currently stranded, but once he's done, i am full gas for any E/Ders in need. We need to make sure we sort @Fishmantoo...

Ben
x

Proper gents x

Well, that's the final Glastonbury training session done. 

Absolutely blistering all-vinyl 3h b2b2b set from Blasha & Allett and The Lady Machine, with the latter's selections being particularly spectacular. 

Roll on June. 

Night night, team. 

Ben
x

Wow - Underworld were sublime. About as perfect a night as I can imagine. Manchester crew are in for a real treat. As much as I’d love to see them on the farm again, I don’t think anything less than two and a half hours does them justice when they’re on form like this.  Was disappointing to get a very standard, normal version of Born Slippy, but that really was the only negative.

Edited by GrumpyRaver
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Wow - Underworld were sublime. About as perfect a night as I can imagine. Manchester crew are in for a real treat. As much as I’d love to see them on the farm again, I don’t think anything less than two and a half hours does them justice when they’re on form like this.  Was disappointing to get a very standard, normal version of Born Slippy, but that really was the only negative.

I was there too last night, had a great time!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

It really was great, I’d highly recommend for anyone who can to go and see this tour.

Always slightly wondered if I enjoyed that Glastonbury set so much in 16 as I was in such a ‘happy’ state but last night I just had a few beers and danced for over 3 hours.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Glad you had a good time.

Can't wait. At some point, they should drop Slippy from the encore. Maybe even throw Slow Slippy in the set somewhere 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

👍 it was an awesome night, incredible set

IF bicep do IICON at headliner would say its pretty unlikely on Sat as it would be up against disclosure - ie crossover issues.

Friday would work well

Chromachella is just a nickname they are using for them playing coachella i'm pretty sure

On Coachella's website its called Bicep present Chroma

Bicep's website has it under Chroma AV DJ dates

I don't think its a new show.

4 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Any chance they'd do Arcadia? Better crowd control, but would depend maybe how the new(?) stage handles Visuals.

Seems unlikely to be honest. Its still going to be in the round, I just can't see it working. They could do a non chroma set perhaps - not sure if there was chroma specific info?

I think crowd control would be okay honestly.

Four Tet was fine on IICON at headliner time, Bicep as AV Chroma would be a bit busier but surely would also be fine. Fri has Jamie XX, Sat has Peggy Gou / Disclosure and Sun has Justice so there's fairly big dance acts to pull some people away from it too every night.

On 4/7/2024 at 1:04 PM, GrumpyRaver said:

Agreed, was a cracking night and the sound has been seriously improved at ally pally I thought too. 

While I know the main poster has split opinions but I've the calculated the chances of the electronica/dance areas of Glastonbury having a disappointing line up.

Its 0% it's not possible.  

Great selection in bound.  As it is every year

42 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

While I know the main poster has split opinions but I've the calculated the chances of the electronica/dance areas of Glastonbury having a disappointing line up.

Its 0% it's not possible.  

Great selection in bound.  As it is every year

It'll be a world-class mix of the mainstream, contemporary, the old school and the avant garde, as always. Sure, it might not necessarily always attract the titans of electronica, but if you have any interest in repetitive beats, this festival delivers every single year

34 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It'll be a world-class mix of the mainstream, contemporary, the old school and the avant garde, as always. Sure, it might not necessarily always attract the titans of electronica, but if you have any interest in repetitive beats, this festival delivers every single year

The truth is I was not much into dance music when I started going to Glastonbury. Now I throw myself into it head first. 

Every year I catch acts for the first time and come back loving them. VTSS & Elka last year were superb. Would not have known who they were when  line ups came out. 

So fully expects to love a couple of acts this year that I have no idea about at this point in life