Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Thurs; CC:Disco -> Skream & Benga -> Joy Orb -> Mall Grab -> Dove or Job Jobse (crowd/vibe dependent)

Friday; Sofia -> Jarvis/Alexis Taylor -> Con Man -> Bombay -> LCD -> Fontaines -> Haai/KiKi -> Midland

Saturday; Last Dinner -> TBA -> Streets -> Discolosure or Salute -> Hot Chip -> Prydz

Sunday; Porij -> Elkka -> Romy -> James Blake -> Leon Vynall -> Goldie

What a festival - buzzing!

1 hour ago, nowyouregideon said:

Any shouts for some dance acts that perform with full or at least partial live band? I find myself getting bored at DJ sets. Excited for Fat Dog.

Maybe K Klass, if that’s what they’re booked for

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claire0406 said:

anyone else notice joy anonymous and friends has disappeared

Ive just checked. Theyve gone. How weird. Also swear saturday is missing loads now too

13 minutes ago, Radiopaste said:

Long time lurker in this thread! Thurs, Sat and Sun are stacked but can anyone point me in the direction of a must see Friday post midnight act or two?

That rather depends on what stuff you like! 

Post your plans for the other nights and people will help you! 

Ben

41 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yup, as it's stands, my Sunday night is Manni Dee > Daria Kolosoya > KiNK in The Temple. 

Ben

Might as well wander over to Genosys after for the finish! 🙂 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Radiopaste said:

Long time lurker in this thread! Thurs, Sat and Sun are stacked but can anyone point me in the direction of a must see Friday post midnight act or two?

Oh, and welcome to the thread, of course 😌.

Ben

Hey folks, is the Temple queue as fast moving as a few comments on here suggest? Rough times at sat 1am on a saturday? I'm terrible for really wanting to see someone, seeing the queue then thinking nahhhh Ill go somewhere else. Also it tends to be rammed near the back. Is it a case of move forward (nicely!) and the crowd thins out?

The last 2 years it has taken about 20-30 min to get in the Temple on a Friday about 3am ISH. Queue moving but slowly. Packed when you get in mind. Last year only space to dance was right at top..not for the faint hearted or mashed!

Thursday and Friday night are clash heavy for me

For Thursday I'm torn between Bicep Levels / Heidi Genosys.

Friday is worse, Honey Dijon(Genosys) and Bicep IICON is similar times so works well, but I would love to see Palms Trax at Assembly and Amelie Lens at Arcadia. Tempted to leave Arcadia until Prydz on Sat as I definitely don't want to spend 2 nights there.

Gutted Temple techno night is Sunday too, I'm driving back early Monday morning so will miss KINK 

Edited by CH0161

1 hour ago, CH0161 said:

Thursday and Friday night are clash heavy for me

For Thursday I'm torn between Bicep Levels / Heidi Genosys.

Friday is worse, Honey Dijon(Genosys) and Bicep IICON is similar times so works well, but I would love to see Palms Trax at Assembly and Amelie Lens at Arcadia. Tempted to leave Arcadia until Prydz on Sat as I definitely don't want to spend 2 nights there.

Gutted Temple techno night is Sunday too, I'm driving back early Monday morning so will miss KINK 

Is it the same Heidi from BBC many years ago, very much Jacking House (if this is still a thing).

FWIW, I would write off any plans for Thurs, Bicep at Levels could be obscenely busy and life is too short to be queuing or packed in like sardines

6 minutes ago, Ninety9 said:

Is it the same Heidi from BBC many years ago, very much Jacking House (if this is still a thing).

FWIW, I would write off any plans for Thurs, Bicep at Levels could be obscenely busy and life is too short to be queuing or packed in like sardines

Yeah it will be rammed. I didn’t go to last year festival but it looked like Levels could handle a big crowd?

That’s the same Heidi I think yes, when I first started going out to Sankeys around 2010 she ran a night there called ‘The Jackathon’ 

1 minute ago, CH0161 said:

Yeah it will be rammed. I didn’t go to last year festival but it looked like Levels could handle a big crowd?

That’s the same Heidi I think yes, when I first started going out to Sankeys around 2010 she ran a night there called ‘The Jackathon’ 

Yup, it'll be that Heidi.

I saw her on Genosys in 2017 playing, essentially, a jackin' house set, and she was really excellent. I can find her a bit 'light' for me sometimes, but that night she was great. I can see myself popping over to see her after Blawan on IICON.

Ben 

What is Barry Can’t Swim’s Arcadia set likely to be like? Much different to his Park set? I can’t catch his Park set due to being in class teaching at that time! But will be able to catch his Arcadia set.

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yup, as it's stands, my Sunday night is Manni Dee > Daria Kolosoya > KiNK in The Temple. 

Ben

Reckon we can get in for KINK? or will it be full for Daria post headliner time?

10 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Reckon we can get in for KINK? or will it be full for Daria post headliner time?

The Temple is one of those places that is very popular as a final night destination. Although the SEC on Sunday is 'quieter' than Fri/Sat, as people do go home post headliners, The Temple is still rammed. 0130h will be busy, but you'll always get in, you just might have a bit of a wait as you snake round the zig zags.

Ben

• Upvote 1