Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

8 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Michael Bibi seems to be the consensus but just guesswork rather than info I believe. 

Yeah no solid info but a well educated guess. He pulled out of the levels last year due to cancer treatment, cancer-free in December, came back to perform Coachella, and back touring this summer - 1st set publicised is starting a week after Glasto in London 

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

He essentially plays electro, and is very good at it. Been wanting to see him for a while and so will try to make that set. 

Ben

Fair dos - I do sometimes get lost when applying genres to dance music these days! Everything very blurred!

Thanks for picking out Layla Benitez earlier on in the thread - not a huge fan of fast/ dark techno, so her recent Essential Mix is a nice listen. Saturday night already is stacked!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Fair dos - I do sometimes get lost when applying genres to dance music these days! Everything very blurred!

Thanks for picking out Layla Benitez earlier on in the thread - not a huge fan of fast/ dark techno, so her recent Essential Mix is a nice listen. Saturday night already is stacked!

Yeah, I just wish the new Glade was a slightly better stage for proper dance music. Might have been that Avery and Fearless was just too packed last year, but it didn't feel like a crowd that was really there to dance...

Ben

Edit - and a shame, as their selections were phenomenal. 

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

That Layla Benitez EM is f**king superb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ninety9 said:

They were posted here but for the life of me cannot remember their name - Japanese DJ trio (I think) who played heavy techno and trance

Minna-No-Kimochi.

Slightly disappointingly, they're only playing in one of the Village Underground takeovers in Platform 23, but for only an hour (what?) and with two other artists. So that gives them 20 minutes in my maths! Sunday (Monday morning) 0400-0500h.

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Minna-No-Kimochi.

Slightly disappointingly, they're only playing in one of the Village Underground takeovers in Platform 23, but for only an hour (what?) and with two other artists. So that gives them 20 minutes in my maths! Sunday (Monday morning) 0400-0500h.

Ben

Thanks, I knew it was M something.

I'll be gone by then but I take your point on the slots and time given.

All good though, I'll be able to catch Joy Anonymous 20 times this year so that makes up for it

6 hours ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Did ask earlier in the thread but it's lost in the depths now, but any thoughts on this TBA on Saturday at Levels?

Screenshot_20240606_140436_Chrome.jpg

Seth troxler.

Glastonbury is on his tour dates, but I can't see him on the lineup.

- nevermind, it's the Thursday.

Edited by mike86

6 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

he used to play in Beat Hotel, so maybe San Remo?

Given there doesn't look to be space on the Thursday for him, my assumption would be he's part of the Radio 1 dance takeover on the BBC introducing stage, as that doesn't currently specify the DJs playing

Edited by tigger123

1 minute ago, tigger123 said:

Given there doesn't look to be space on the Thursday for him, my assumption would be he's part of the Radio 1 dance takeover on the BBC introducing stage, as that doesn't currently specify the DJs playing

Oh yeah could be. Radio 1 usually mean Trance when they say Dance though don’t they 😂