Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

19 minutes ago, mike86 said:

People that stay up until sunrise, do you just sleep through the next day or just power through?

I used to do an all nighter on Sundays, but I can't hack that now. 

Same, I usually aim to be tucked up in bed between 3-5am and get a minimum of 5 hours sleep. Otherwise i'm good for nothing.

26 minutes ago, mike86 said:

People that stay up until sunrise, do you just sleep through the next day or just power through?

I used to aim to sleep from 6-12 but the last two years the all nighters have really cut into my ability to get down for the daytime acts, which feels like the wrong way round. Left feeling like I hadn’t seen enough real music, so this year aiming to head back at 3am

52 minutes ago, mike86 said:

I typically get back to the tent between 5 and 6am on the Saturday and Sunday mornings, depending on who's been on. I tend not to try to push the envelope too much on the Thursday night - after the sets stop at 3am, I will usually have a slow wander home. Similarly, there can be a tendency to try to make Wednesday night go on and on, which is fine if there's something happening and you're having fun, but can be a bit forced for me. So an earlier night then pays dividends for me - remember the wise words of @Fishman: it's a marathon not a sprint.

On the all-nighters, I'll be tucked up by 6.30-7am and then usually sleep until about 10. My obsession with filling every moment continues despite getting older, so I'm invariably at a first set of the day by 1130h or so! I don't drink, so getting up and feeling half-human is a little easier, I presume. Also, down 500-750ml of water with electrolytes as soon as you get up. It's made a massive difference to me for the last year or two. 

I am so torn on what to do RE Bicep, do we think there will be much of a difference between the two sets? My thinking is if i go to the Thursday one then it is ticked off and done, but i will be gutted if the Friday one is better.....More confident i will get into the Thursday one than Friday given it is in Shangri La.

4 minutes ago, Claire0406 said:

I am so torn on what to do RE Bicep, do we think there will be much of a difference between the two sets? My thinking is if i go to the Thursday one then it is ticked off and done, but i will be gutted if the Friday one is better.....More confident i will get into the Thursday one than Friday given it is in Shangri La.

Iicon set is the chroma AV show, whereas we don't really know what the levels one will be. I think you'll have a better chance getting into the iicon one on Friday. More space than levels and much more on to spread people on a Friday. 

4 minutes ago, ASAP.FEARG said:

Iicon set is the chroma AV show, whereas we don't really know what the levels one will be. I think you'll have a better chance getting into the iicon one on Friday. More space than levels and much more on to spread people on a Friday. 

Hmm maybe i will try on Thursday and see how i get on.....It is throwing me because of the unknown, but to be honest both sets i'm sure will be amazing anyway 😄 and then try Friday if i fail

29 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I typically get back to the tent between 5 and 6am on the Saturday and Sunday mornings, depending on who's been on. I tend not to try to push the envelope too much on the Thursday night - after the sets stop at 3am, I will usually have a slow wander home. Similarly, there can be a tendency to try to make Wednesday night go on and on, which is fine if there's something happening and you're having fun, but can be a bit forced for me. So an earlier night then pays dividends for me - remember the wise words of @Fishman: it's a marathon not a sprint.

On the all-nighters, I'll be tucked up by 6.30-7am and then usually sleep until about 10. My obsession with filling every moment continues despite getting older, so I'm invariably at a first set of the day by 1130h or so! I don't drink, so getting up and feeling half-human is a little easier, I presume. Also, down 500-750ml of water with electrolytes as soon as you get up. It's made a massive difference to me for the last year or two. 

I concur with Ben on the not drinking when partying making it easier to last the festival. I do drink but won't drink much at Glasto as, especially if it's hot, it just wipes me out. A pint or 2 a day when I fancy it is about all and lots of water and i'll always have a tube of SIS Hydro Tabs with me, the caffeine ones are good for a boost in the morning!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, tigger123 said:

Given there doesn't look to be space on the Thursday for him, my assumption would be he's part of the Radio 1 dance takeover on the BBC introducing stage, as that doesn't currently specify the DJs playing

Could be under sportsbanger at nowhere on the Thursday maybe 

1 hour ago, mike86 said:

In 2019 I think the earliest I went to bed was 3-4am the whole festival, more like 6am most mornings, and then waking up at about 9am in the sweltering heat we had that year. Whether it's sleeping outside or just the buzz of waking up at Glastonbury, there's something that gives you a second wind that you can never get from a normal night out at home.

Not sure if I could hack all nighters though!

35 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I concur with Ben on the not drinking when partying making it easier to last the festival. I do drink but won't drink much at Glasto as, especially if it's hot, it just wipes me out. A pint or 2 a day when I fancy it is about all and lots of water and i'll always have a tube of SIS Hydro Tabs with me, the caffeine ones are good for a boost in the morning!

Ye nothing ruins a good night on pills like a load of pints😄

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Claire0406 said:

Hmm maybe i will try on Thursday and see how i get on.....It is throwing me because of the unknown, but to be honest both sets i'm sure will be amazing anyway 😄 and then try Friday if i fail

You'll have no trouble seeing them at IICON. The field is huge and there is a really strong Arcadia line-up against it to split the crowd.

Ben

13 hours ago, Barneym said:

Any recommendations for 4-6 on the Friday and Saturday to dance to whilst the sun comes up, not DnB or Jungle please 

Midland, Freakenstein, Rinse FM or Nightmares on Wax should all be good for Friday. I might try Midland if I can stay up. Would be my first proper sunrise. I've usually called it at 4 latest.

Don't recognise any names after 3 on Saturday 😕 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I'll attempt to see them at The Levels but not holding much hope.

Do they have toilets and a bar in there? Can't remember from last year. 

I don't remember there being toilets, but also did not spend long enough in there to see if there were.

Feel Thursday was the only time they had the barriers with entry system? 

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You'll have no trouble seeing them at IICON. The field is huge and there is a really strong Arcadia line-up against it to split the crowd.

Ben

the only problem could be getting caught up with all the people who head to the SE for a look regardless of who's on where, the entrance could be closed off for a while just at the wrong time to make all of Bicep's set....

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

the only problem could be getting caught up with all the people who head to the SE for a look regardless of who's on where, the entrance could be closed off for a while just at the wrong time to make all of Bicep's set....

Yes, true, but as long as Claire times her journey to the SEC sensibly, and hot foots it to the entrance after headliners ("Oi, guys! Stop dawdling!!"), she should still get in OK.

Ben

41 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I'll attempt to see them at The Levels but not holding much hope.

Do they have toilets and a bar in there? Can't remember from last year. 

I’m not certain but I don’t remember it having either