Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

40 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Midland, Freakenstein, Rinse FM or Nightmares on Wax should all be good for Friday. I might try Midland if I can stay up. Would be my first proper sunrise. I've usually called it at 4 latest.

Don't recognise any names after 3 on Saturday 😕 

Saturday after Prydz is a struggle for me as well

I have Peach down at the Meatrack but going in with the assumption there will be big queue and might not be worth it

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

Don't recognise any names after 3 on Saturday 😕 

DJ Stingray 313 is one of the best electro DJs in the business. I expect him to play very techy electro on IICON (Saturday 0200-0400h), and may well throw in the occasional four to the floor techno track too. He's the business.

Madison Moore is a really interesting DJ (Saturday 0230-0430h, Genosys) and I'm likely to try to see some of Stingray and some of them. I love the set below - something like that at peak time on Genosys would be phenomenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x2FZ8F1piM

Deena Abdelwahed on IICON after Stingray will play techno with a Middle-Eastern/North African flavour.

Partok on Genosys after Madison Moore will be a solid techno closer.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bmaz said:

Searching on the app, this comes up when you click on Arcadia, this adds up with the supposed dragonfly design aswell

A187F44E-9B39-430A-92AA-DEFE78D28AF0.jpeg

If that's the design concept then I'm happy. Love a 360 stage and was a big fan of Pangea and the spider so more of the same is better for me. 

7 hours ago, mike86 said:

People that stay up until sunrise, do you just sleep through the next day or just power through?

I used to do an all nighter on Sundays, but I can't hack that now. 

The honest answer is take MDMA, or whatever you're having yourself. I stay out all night every night except Wednesday and sleep from about 7am until 11 or 12. Blackout tent, earplugs and I usually camp somewhere fairly quiet. I normally am drinking a fair few cans while I'm at it as well but as long as I stay away from whiskey or vodka I'm always relatively fine. Although this year I'm solo and flying over from Ireland, my friends from the UK who normally sort me out with party supplies are not coming and I am obviously not bringing anything through an airport, so it'll be interesting to see if I can still do the same.

6 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

The honest answer is take MDMA, or whatever you're having yourself. I stay out all night every night except Wednesday and sleep from about 7am until 11 or 12. Blackout tent, earplugs and I usually camp somewhere fairly quiet. I normally am drinking a fair few cans while I'm at it as well but as long as I stay away from whiskey or vodka I'm always relatively fine. Although this year I'm solo and flying over from Ireland, my friends from the UK who normally sort me out with party supplies are not coming and I am obviously not bringing anything through an airport, so it'll be interesting to see if I can still do the same.

im sure you'll find it there 🙂

I'm usually ok off little sleep when partying. 

Wed - hopefully catch sunset and sunrise. Missed last year but previously drop Mrs off around 4/5am in the back campervan field, then walk back to the stone circle for sunrise. Home for a 2/3hrs sleep then back out Thurs until 5/6/7am, up around 10/11am - rinse repeat until Sunday when I stop drinking in the afternoon and go to bed after the headliners/food. 

I love dance music, bimble around the fields, watch a few bands, eat the lovely food and the find house/acid/techno. 

Like mentioned, plenty of extras and vodka mainly. 

On 6/1/2024 at 11:43 AM, ASAP.FEARG said:

Check out Emmet Read - not on the lineup but a set is potentially in the works, pure Italo disco 

About a week late getting back to you, but this is exactly the type of stuff I was looking for, probably even more so than Palms Trax who I used as an example. Doesn't seem to be on the full lineup though unfortunately. Any similar recommendations and I'm all ears!

On 6/6/2024 at 9:48 PM, Barneym said:

Any recommendations for 4-6 on the Friday and Saturday to dance to whilst the sun comes up, not DnB or Jungle please 

Platform 23 - Benji B at 4 then into Nightmares on Wax at 5. 

On 6/6/2024 at 2:37 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, I just wish the new Glade was a slightly better stage for proper dance music. Might have been that Avery and Fearless was just too packed last year, but it didn't feel like a crowd that was really there to dance...

Ben

Edit - and a shame, as their selections were phenomenal. 

You were scuppered by your spot - was lovely at the edge of the tent, and not really busy

2 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

The amount of people asking about this makes me wonder if it’s actually not going to be a total f**king nightmare

They are ust doing a DJ set on levels, and their DJ sets don't interest me much. I think the chroma show on IICON will be better.

Edited by Madyaker

31 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

They are ust doing a DJ set on levels, and their DJ sets don't interest me much. I think the chroma show on IICON will be better.

Chroma is a dj set... We have no idea what Dove is yet, other than 'experimental'.