Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Acid techno or hard techno recommendations needed please. Last year I was spoilt for choice with the Liberators invited to share 30 years of Stay Up Forever at The Temple. It was so great.

Anyone recommend similar playing some hard acid for my aging bones please?

Alternatively any hard techno? I'm going to try and check out Amelie Lens at Arcadia, but she can sometimes play more melodic stuff.

Glad to see this thread still going!

4 minutes ago, Julesdude said:

Acid techno or hard techno recommendations needed please. Last year I was spoilt for choice with the Liberators invited to share 30 years of Stay Up Forever at The Temple. It was so great.

Alternatively any hard techno? I'm going to try and check out Amelie Lens at Arcadia, but she can sometimes play more melodic stuff.

Azyr and Daria Kolosova

25 minutes ago, Julesdude said:

to the above i would add KiNK and HAAI btb KI/KI

43 minutes ago, Julesdude said:

Echoing much of what others have said...

For proper, hard techno, the Friday Teletech night on the Flying Bus in Unfairground will be the one. Azyr plays I Hate Models levels of hard and fast. If I was being an uncharitable that guy, I'd say that that style isn't really techno 🤪. But we're a broad church in here and I want everyone to have the absolute best time! 

Have to say that I've not seen Amelie Lens play anything other than pretty hard for many years. That's definitely her style atm. HAAi & KI/KI will play banging stuff, so I expect Amelie to continue that way to close the Dragonfly.

Manni Dee also plays pretty hard and, as said above, Daria Kolosova who follows him in The Temple on the Sunday night will continue that theme. 

Just not sure about KiNK re: hard. I don't think he ever really plays what would be classed as hard/acid techno. Certainly not live. I presume he's DJing, though if it's only an hour and his rig can be set up in the Temple booth, then it might be live - I'd love that, but I think it would be toned down a notch compared to Manni/Daria. 

Ben

42 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Azyr and Daria Kolosova

That Daria Kolosova sounds interesting. Azyr a bit harder and hectic by the sounds of it. Daria might throw in a few melodies and surprises inbetween. I'd defo go and see her.

21 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

to the above i would add KiNK and HAAI btb KI/KI

Both sound interesting! KI/KI has some hard acidy twang moments - quite a bit of melodic stuff between.

Well, I only looked at their Boiler Room sets, but that's a good start.

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Echoing much of what others have said...

For proper, hard techno, the Friday Teletech night on the Flying Bus in Unfairground will be the one. Azyr plays I Hate Models levels of hard and fast. If I was being an uncharitable that guy, I'd say that that style isn't really techno 🤪. But we're a broad church in here and I want everyone to have the absolute best time! 

Have to say that I've not seen Amelie Lens play anything other than pretty hard for many years. That's definitely her style atm. HAAi & KI/KI will play banging stuff, so I expect Amelie to continue that way to close the Dragonfly.

Manni Dee also plays pretty hard and, as said above, Daria Kolosova who follows him in The Temple on the Sunday night will continue that theme. 

Just not sure about KiNK re: hard. I don't think he ever really plays what would be classed as hard/acid techno. Certainly not live. I presume he's DJing, though if it's only an hour and his rig can be set up in the Temple booth, then it might be live - I'd love that, but I think it would be toned down a notch compared to Manni/Daria. 

Ben

I'd agree with all of that. Azyr kinda reminds me of a techno meets happy hardcore. He and Daria Kolosova I'll be shortlisting. I think KiNK is more something I'd listen to at home. Will check out the Teletech night. Thanks for your input!

can i get some Sunday night recommendations for late night activity please. my plans for electronic music thurs - sun is stuff like Bicep, Justice, Salute, Joy anonymous, eric prydz, Sophie Kourtesis, Barry Cant Swim, Adelphi Music Factory, 

dont know too much about the sunday night line-up so open to recommendations! 

1 hour ago, Julesdude said:

Check out recent boiler room set from Daria from few months back on YouTube..you'll need to have some legs left on the Sunday oh and some brain cells! She should be on the Friday when we are fresh! 

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

can i get some Sunday night recommendations for late night activity please. my plans for electronic music thurs - sun is stuff like Bicep, Justice, Salute, Joy anonymous, eric prydz, Sophie Kourtesis, Barry Cant Swim, Adelphi Music Factory, 

You have similar tastes to me. I've got down; DJ Stingray, Kettama, Goldie, Sherelle and Andy C

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Smozmorris said:

Check out recent boiler room set from Daria from few months back on YouTube..you'll need to have some legs left on the Sunday oh and some brain cells! She should be on the Friday when we are fresh! 

Thanks yes I actually went to exactly that youtube vid to check her out. Hadn't heard of her before but liked the set and interesting some of the less hard stuff she threw in. If Amelie Lens clashes with AZYR that'll be tough. Probably go to see Lens as most likely will be the only chance I get with Arcadia.

3 minutes ago, Julesdude said:

Thanks yes I actually went to exactly that youtube vid to check her out. Hadn't heard of her before but liked the set and interesting some of the less hard stuff she threw in. If Amelie Lens clashes with AZYR that'll be tough. Probably go to see Lens as most likely will be the only chance I get with Arcadia.

Also, if you head off 5 mins before the end of Amelie and swim like a salmon, you can catch 45 mins of Azyr.

Ben 

31 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Prospa are on Greenpeace between Justice and Andy C and it's kind of on route.😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Here's a recent set 

Only issue is by 2am l probably be in my van eating sausage rolls, pies and any other pastry I see reduced 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

Dont know if it matches up with your tastes but 25 years of Fabric for most of Sunday in Assembly should be really good. The when thats over Erol Alkan is playing in San Remo at 8 and Daniel Avery is on around 11 in Glade.

fair play if youre still going by then

• Upvote 2

Question re: Arcadia is there a route into the field that bypasses some of the main post-headliner crowds?

we gave up going in there one year because the crowds were too manic… wondering if there’s a better way? (Coming from West Holts)

Edited by Twiggy553

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

Question re: Arcadia is there a route into the field that bypasses some of the main post-headliner crowds?

we gave up going in there one year because the crowds were too manic… wondering if there’s a better way? (Coming from West Holts)

Well, you could go from WH through Greenpeace, across the railway line, up through Croissant Neuf and Healing Fields, into King's Meadow, exit at the top on the right, across Pennards, past Glastonbury on Sea and then turn right and down to Arcadia. It's very circuitous, and likely not better than just chancing the railway line to Glade with the masses. But if Fri or Sat, it'll be before The Park empties, so might be worth it. You could jog it!

Ben

In other news, I think I might have spotted a small reprieve for the psytrance family!

Regan is closing the Wishing Well on Thursday. It's only 45mins, and as I'm not sure it's that Regan (though I can't see who else, as he's played the festival many times...), I've asked a mate to message him on IG.

But if it is him, I will be super pleased - that will be like the old days of closing Thursday night dancing to psytrance!

Ben

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Well, you could go from WH through Greenpeace, across the railway line, up through Croissant Neuf and Healing Fields, into King's Meadow, exit at the top on the right, across Pennards, past Glastonbury on Sea and then turn right and down to Arcadia. It's very circuitous, and likely not better than just chancing the railway line to Glade with the masses. But if Fri or Sat, it'll be before The Park empties, so might be worth it. You could jog it!

Ben

im tired just reading that route 😂

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

im tired just reading that route 😂

It breaks my rule of not walking uphill to walk down again (and vice verca)

West Holts > greenpeace field > green futures (via tunnel) >  pennards