Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

9 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

It's always on the move! Seen it roaming around ShangriLa Wed/Thurs

I swear later in the day for the announced sets it parks up in Arcadia Field

Surely with the size of some of the acts doing it this year it would have to be stationary!

On 6/14/2024 at 4:38 PM, Johnnyseven said:

Another set for FBS by the looks of it, posted by Phil Hartnoll on FB.

DAD'S n LAD'S TAKeOVER
ARCADIA MINIRIG BUG
SUNDAY EVE-
17.00-18.00- CATO@groovearmada and @spookycashcash
18.00-19.00 ME@philhartnoll and
@conrad.ical
19.00-20.00 @woody_cook and
@ To Be Announced
Very Excited to be Jumping on board The @arcadia Bug Powered By @minirigs On Sunday Evening B2B my Boy Conrad, Sandwiched between some of my favourite DJ's -Loving This .x

Good spot

So with under 2 weeks to go, what sets do people think could be looking like contenders for an E&D meetup? Feels like there isn't as much of a dead set Overmono/Four Tet at IICON that the majority would be likely to go to this year. 

HAAi/Kiki & Amelie might have a decent bunch from here? At the same time but also Bicep at IICON could be one. Prydz? Not for me but imagine Stingray 313 too.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I swear later in the day for the announced sets it parks up in Arcadia Field

Surely with the size of some of the acts doing it this year it would have to be stationary!

Good spot

they should have it in the healing fields, that wide avenue across the middle would be ideal and very little sound bleed from other stages 

6 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

So with under 2 weeks to go, what sets do people think could be looking like contenders for an E&D meetup? Feels like there isn't as much of a dead set Overmono/Four Tet at IICON that the majority would be likely to go to this year. 

HAAi/Kiki & Amelie might have a decent bunch from here? At the same time but also Bicep at IICON could be one. Prydz? Not for me but imagine Stingray 313 too.

Night time at Glasto is chaos and we all have stuff to be at, should we try it during the day?

So are we thinking Assembly is going to just be a Marquee at this point (as it is currently on the webcam), or is it going to get some sort of Façade? Will look a bit out of place/disappointing if it stays as is so I'd be surprised if it does but no movement in that area since it was put up.

23 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

So are we thinking Assembly is going to just be a Marquee at this point (as it is currently on the webcam), or is it going to get some sort of Façade? Will look a bit out of place/disappointing if it stays as is so I'd be surprised if it does but no movement in that area since it was put up.

Surely it has to be an improvement on wow/sonic, otherwise why change the name?

My group want to go to Midland on Friday night at Genosys but have no interest in Bicep's set at IICON. Will it be ok to get in around that time 3am or do you think they could shut it off given how many people will probably go to Bicep? Cheers

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, HH46810 said:

My group want to go to Midland on Friday night at Genosys but have no interest in Bicep's set at IICON. Will it be ok to get in around that time 3am or do you think they could shut it off given how many people will probably go to Bicep? Cheers

You'll be fine. Bicep finish at 0245h and a lot of people will call it then and leave Block9 and the SEC. There will be a fair number of people coming down into the SEC after Arcadia/SH/San Remo have finished (including me!), but I can't see any issue with your lot getting to Genosys for 0330h. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You'll be fine. Bicep finish at 0245h and a lot of people will call it then and leave Block9 and the SEC. There will be a fair number of people coming down into the SEC after Arcadia/SH/San Remo have finished (including me!), but I can't see any issue with your lot getting to Genosys for 0330h. 

Ben

Thanks Ben

13 hours ago, mike86 said:

Surely it has to be an improvement on wow/sonic, otherwise why change the name?

It's billed as 'indoor', whereas WOW was a sort of mostly open tent canopy. I actually quite enjoyed the last version of Sonic - a bit like a small version of the new Glade!

I refuse to believe that they will simply leave Assembly as a faceless white marquee tent. Team Love make such an effort with the other SH venues, that I'm sure some outer facade will be coming in the next week.

Ben

22 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Argh, it's always difficult, isn't it?! One of the reasons being that there is a beautiful variety of preferences within the E/D community.

Maybe it's an idea for people to propose a set they are going to be at, and know quite a few others have mentioned, and try to set up a series of mini-meets?

For example, I am 100% going to be at HAAi b2b KI/KI and then stay for Amelie. Obviously tricky to try to arrange a 'spot' at the new Arcadia, but people could share numbers, use the E/D WhatsApp group etc?

Herding cats again...!

Ben

If anyone is going to be at stonebridge on saturday night for optimo, erol and paulette you will find me there!

not as contemporary as many suggestions on this thread but i dare say a guaranteed good time and would expect it to be not completely rammed either given the myriad of options.

id love to be at Midland Genosys, has all the hallmarks of a potential classic. 

i can see myself bobbing between daphni at san remo and optimo at levels after all the annoying charli people have buggered off

Edited by Memory Man

7 hours ago, Memory Man said:

If anyone is going to be at stonebridge on saturday night for optimo, erol and paulette you will find me there!

not as contemporary as many suggestions on this thread but i dare say a guaranteed good time and would expect it to be not completely rammed either given the myriad of options.

id love to be at Midland Genosys, has all the hallmarks of a potential classic. 

i can see myself bobbing between daphni at san remo and optimo at levels after all the annoying charli people have buggered off

Impeccable taste my friend. Similarly hoping to stroll into Strobebridge after Orbital, haven't actually been in there since 2014.

Putting Charli XCX in between Kelly Lee Owens and Optimo is some truly baffling programming.

5 hours ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

Impeccable taste my friend. Similarly hoping to stroll into Strobebridge after Orbital, haven't actually been in there since 2014.

Putting Charli XCX in between Kelly Lee Owens and Optimo is some truly baffling programming.

couldnt agree more re the baffling programming! And yes orbital to stonebridge makes a lot of sense!

Excuse my ignorance, fairly new to dance music, one group I’ve gotten familiar with is Bicep 

and I noticed there playing on Friday, under the name Bicep Pres Chroma

Now, does that mean I shouldn’t expect the classic bicep tunes and are they playing under a new name with new music? 
I am a rookie so apologies 

14 minutes ago, Leon_Anthony said:

Excuse my ignorance, fairly new to dance music, one group I’ve gotten familiar with is Bicep 

and I noticed there playing on Friday, under the name Bicep Pres Chroma

Now, does that mean I shouldn’t expect the classic bicep tunes and are they playing under a new name with new music? 
I am a rookie so apologies 

Usually drop a few Bicep tunes but play them a bit faster tempo. Usually end with Glue. 

This sort of thing: