Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Its a shame Temple was so ridiculously busy all festival. Swear it was way worse than last year - i just don't want to queue an hour to get in any venue honestly.

I can only vouch for Sunday but I queued twice, once at around midnight, then at around 4am. Both times, the queues looked bad, but they went down quite quickly. Longest I queued for was 20 minutes

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I can only vouch for Sunday but I queued twice, once at around midnight, then at around 4am. Both times, the queues looked bad, but they went down quite quickly. Longest I queued for was 20 minutes

Yeah we walked by on Sunday around 3.30 and it looked huge! I guess if you catch it as someone ends your in luck. 4am would have been Kettama ending i guess

21 hours ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Crowd changed a lot for Ben Hemsley to be fair. At least where I was standing anyway. Few older heads, like myself, came in for trance fix after Skream finished.

There's dealers everywhere, shouldn't really pin it to a certain venue, Levels is far from a chav pigpen.

Fair enough - I guess we all have different experiences and can only comment on what’s in front of us. Will give it another whirl next year as it’s visually awesome and a good addition.

9 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Me and Benny were in there together. Was it you we met as well?

2 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I totally didn't realise it was cancelled, given he played a few Orb tracks and I was way back on the fringes... and epically stoned at the time!

Youth played A Huge Ever Pulsating Brain... for 20 mins, I thought we were gonna get an Orb themed DJ set but then he banged out what sounded like a jungle tune and I quickly left.

Amelie Lens was simply amazing closing Archida on Friday, AMAZING HAAi/ Ki Ki were great but my was it taken up a level then 

Anyway thanks for all the hints and tips on the run up to the festival, I seen some great EDM over the weekend a lot of it I'd not have known about without the shared knowledge on this form, thanks again...... looking forward to next year 

• Upvote 1

Any thoughts on the RA piece about Glastonbury? I've not been since 2019 so haven't been around for the last few years where people have said it's been mega mega busy, the RA piece seems to suggest Glastonbury need MORE areas for electronic music to avoid the crushed and bottlenecks. Which I think is the wrong way to go about things personally, if anything, that there is now a much larger crowd of people who just treat it as a 5 day dance music festival is probably a step in the wrong direction in terms of the overall vibe of the festival. 

5 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Any thoughts on the RA piece about Glastonbury? I've not been since 2019 so haven't been around for the last few years where people have said it's been mega mega busy, the RA piece seems to suggest Glastonbury need MORE areas for electronic music to avoid the crushed and bottlenecks. Which I think is the wrong way to go about things personally, if anything, that there is now a much larger crowd of people who just treat it as a 5 day dance music festival is probably a step in the wrong direction in terms of the overall vibe of the festival. 

I have little time for RA and their “opinion pieces”. What’s that saying about opinions and arseholes? I can’t remember but the guy who wrote that I doubt was even at the festival. They just saw people whinging on social media and thought, we can get a few clicks out of this!

Book better lineups on the pyramid and it would solve a lot imo. Field was waaay below capacity for most of the weekend apart from Coldplay and Dua Lipa. But DJs are cheap and bands cost so hey ho. 

• Downvote 1

On 7/2/2024 at 12:47 AM, TomTom1239 said:

Levels has unfortunately quickly turned into a pigpen for chavs and dealers. Absolute steer clear for me this year

I went to The Levels last year for Ki/Ki and loved it. Popped in for Ben Helmsley and left after about 15 minutes as the tunes were good but atmosphere was flat as a pancake in the bit we were at with lots of young people not dancing or looking like they were having a good time. It was so refreshing to then be dancing with some 19 year olds on Sunday at Daniel Avery in the Glade who were absolutely loving life.

Silver Hayes has come on a lot the past couple of years but still feels like the Creamfields of the site.

16 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I have little time for RA and their “opinion pieces”. What’s that saying about opinions and arseholes? I can’t remember but the guy who wrote that I doubt was even at the festival. They just saw people whinging on social media and thought, we can get a few clicks out of this!

Spot the guy who didn't read it!

They certainly do say something about opinions and arseholes... it's always best not to show your own when saying it 😆  😆

image.thumb.png.6dba6206fc2f01e3d166373b20e5468a.png

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I can’t remember but the guy who wrote that I doubt was even at the festival. They just saw people whinging on social media and thought, we can get a few clicks out of this!

The guy definitely was at the festival, and has been many times.  Formerly of this parish, and well respected for his info and knowledge, in fact.

16 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I think the piece was suggesting a number of (mainly sensible) things to address the problem... Stop programming acts that are obviously too big for an area and move them to bigger capacity stages, renegotiate the Thursday main stage licence ban, have main stages going later, use the fallow year to do a major rethink of the site layout of reduce those bottlenecks, put more electronic music on main stages to reflect the current tastes of crowd...

I never really had to queue too long for anything, I was at Bicep on IICON and in Silver Hayes, queued for 20 minutes there, they closed it and it was maybe 75% full, then that blocked up all of Silver Hayes. Maybe Levels could do with being a bit bigger? I walked to The Temple straight after Justice on Sunday and queued for 15 or 20 minutes. I think sometimes people see a big queue and they don't even bother, when actually it's probably not that bad. They could definitely do a better job with planning who should play where, but I don't think it was any worse than any other year despite the huge amount of complaining that's being done online. I think the SEC was way worse before they added IICON and made all those other changes a few years ago.

• Upvote 1