Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

20 hours ago, cerv said:

A bit late in the day but I collated a bunch of soundcloud mixes from those on the line-up. If you're not sure what's what have a flick through to see if anything takes your fancy. Far from comprehensive but better than nowt!

Wait, whut- Amelie Lens??

Edited by Twiggy553

20 hours ago, cerv said:

A bit late in the day but I collated a bunch of soundcloud mixes from those on the line-up. If you're not sure what's what have a flick through to see if anything takes your fancy. Far from comprehensive but better than nowt!

need to make this playlist open, can't find it to save on my app

Just now, Devo96 said:

You’ve lost me 

I think it reasonable to say that I am pretty laissez-faire about the dance scene etc, but I bloody hate it when people put conditions on raving. 

No dress code, no hassle, ideally no cameras and no-one f**king telling me that I have to have my face painted to come in! Like fancy dress - awful!

(With a free pass to NYCD's moustache rule as they'll sell them and the money is for HIV charities etc. Oh, and tattoos to get into the Snakepit because...erm...I like good ink!)

Ben

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think it reasonable to say that I am pretty laissez-faire about the dance scene etc, but I bloody hate it when people put conditions on raving. 

No dress code, no hassle, ideally no cameras and no-one f**king telling me that I have to have my face painted to come in! Like fancy dress - awful!

(With a free pass to NYCD's moustache rule as they'll sell them and the money is for HIV charities etc. Oh, and tattoos to get into the Snakepit because...erm...I like good ink!)

Ben

With you on that one! 

58 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

All feels very forced to me. "You have to be whacky to enter"

I have reset the e&d thread whatsapp link due to crypto bots etc joining. If you still need it PM me and I will send it to you.

I might take a while to reply as i’m about to embark on a two day bender, but will 100% add you before the fest so don’t worry 🙂 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

I have reset the e&d thread whatsapp link due to crypto bots etc joining. If you still need it PM me and I will send it to you.

I might take a while to reply as i’m about to embark on a two day bender, but will 100% add you before the fest so don’t worry 🙂 

Go steady there, tiger - you've got a marathon next week. 

Ben
x

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

A two day bender right now? 

Dammmn, some people are hardcore

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Go steady there, tiger - you've got a marathon next week. 

Ben
x

1 hour ago, Sasperella2 said:

A two day bender right now? 

Dammmn, some people are hardcore

Haha not too heavy we’ll see!

I know this is a very difficult question to answer but as a graduate of the London free party scene I’m very keen to see the Liberators/Stay up Forever at the Temple.  I’ve only ever been to the Temple whilst rather dazed and confused and can’t recall queue times or if it filled completely for this type of music.  
Anyone think it will be rammed or will I be able to stroll in 5 mins before it starts?

3 hours ago, Clouds said:

I know this is a very difficult question to answer but as a graduate of the London free party scene I’m very keen to see the Liberators/Stay up Forever at the Temple.  I’ve only ever been to the Temple whilst rather dazed and confused and can’t recall queue times or if it filled completely for this type of music.  
Anyone think it will be rammed or will I be able to stroll in 5 mins before it starts?

I’m struck by the same quandary.

I think i’ll chance it and go see Fever Ray on the Park as my headliner, but if i’m not enjoying them i’ll sack it off and head to the Temple early

9 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

I think i’ll chance it and go see Fever Ray on the Park as my headliner, but if i’m not enjoying them i’ll sack it off and head to the Temple early

You'll be fine doing Fever Ray to Temple. Just remember to leave around the back of Pennards rather than follow the crowds down the hill.

See you there.... x

9 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

This is me, tho I expect to see FR until pretty much the end, unless I get disproportionate Temple-entry fear! 

Ben

So, team...

We know we all love to dance. 

But I'm really intrigued by what non-dance stuff the E/D faithful are most looking forward to. 

Which bands/artists are top of your must-see lists?

I'll kick off...list as many or few as you like, but who are you really excited for?

DEADLETTER
Panic Shack
The Comet Is Coming
The Murder Capital
Working Men's Club
Weyes Blood
Slowdive
Phoenix

Whatcha got?

Ben

• Upvote 1