Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 6/9/2024 at 3:14 PM, nikkic said:

Thanks for this. Definitely enjoying this sound. Probably the closest we’ve got to Prog/ trance. Actually reminds me a little of the JOOF label. 

Great stuff. Where is she playing?

Edited by danbailey80

6 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Realise I may not be on the right thread for this, but in the past I've stumbled across late night DJ's doing House, Disco and 90's/00's anthem type sets, which being a 50 year old ex-raver suited me perfectly.  However, being slightly spangled and more than slightly tired (drunk) I can never recall any names.  Anyone have any suggestions from this year's line up?  Cheers.

Thursday night Kevin & Perry Ibiza Rave the village Inn, might hit some of those notes 

52 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Thanks for this. Definitely enjoying this sound. Probably the closest we’ve got to Prog/ trance. Actually reminds me a little of the JOOF label. 

Great stuff. Where is she playing?

Glade.

Saturday 12.15. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Realise I may not be on the right thread for this, but in the past I've stumbled across late night DJ's doing House, Disco and 90's/00's anthem type sets, which being a 50 year old ex-raver suited me perfectly.  However, being slightly spangled and more than slightly tired (drunk) I can never recall any names.  Anyone have any suggestions from this year's line up?  Cheers.

The Defected takeover sets will no doubt contain the odd classic house/disco track amongst the more modern efforts. Screenshot_20240610-222541.thumb.png.5c2d665f3ee72cc20cd77942f058cd76.png

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

So Dove is actually this dude?

https://linktr.ee/dovednb

Well...

After @Ncahir94's post above (and thank you, btw) I did some exploring. At first I thought it was all an impressively elaborate hoax, including a Resident Advisor artist page and all (though that has so little actual info on it...links to Soundcloud, IG etc, like for most artists). 

But then you find things like his BoomTown 2022 DnB set and it does seem to be that he's a genuine DJ who plays decent sized festivals. 

So, either it is a very nicely put together smokescreen and Bicep are indeed playing using this fella as cover for the secret set, or we have all jumped very, very quickly to a not unreasonable conclusion and are about to be mugged off in an almighty way. 

Discuss. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

10 hours ago, Ncahir94 said:

Not sure if anyone has realised this. The dove set doesn’t seem to be the bicep alias at all.

IMG_8573.png

11 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

So Dove is actually this dude?

https://linktr.ee/dovednb

Nah, there’s no way a dude with a thousand followers on instagram is closing out a big dance stage at Glastonbury. My guess is they’ve put up the fake description to try and throw the more casual people off the trail of it being Bicep. Bicep more or less confirmed it was them when they posted a little dove emoji in the replies of the stage announcement.

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Nah, there’s no way a dude with a thousand followers on instagram is closing out a big dance stage at Glastonbury. My guess is they’ve put up the fake description to try and throw the more casual people off the trail of it being Bicep. Bicep more or less confirmed it was them when they posted a little dove emoji in the replies of the stage announcement.

That was certainly my first impression. As said, his RA page is conspicuously unpopulated with the normal stuff artists have on there. 

Ben

8 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Bicep also shared the announcement of the Silver Hayes area and inserted a dove emoji into their own post. It's definitely them. Wonder will it work trying to throw people off the scent. 

11 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

Bicep also shared the announcement of the Silver Hayes area and inserted a dove emoji into their own post. It's definitely them. Wonder will it work trying to throw people off the scent. 

Most people with an interest in Bicep will be all over it I’m sure but it’ll definitely stop a few people heading over those ways who are merely familiar with the Bicep name.

Still gonna be rammed, mind. 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Most people with an interest in Bicep will be all over it I’m sure but it’ll definitely stop a few people heading over those ways who are merely familiar with the Bicep name.

Still gonna be rammed, mind. 

It’s Thursday, everywhere is rammed!! 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeh, someone who knows the DnB artist Dove has said he's not at Glastonbury so I reckon it's just a ruse to throw a handful off. I don't think many will fall for it. 

1 hour ago, e_p said:

don't really get the appeal of bicep. its just really weak and watered down. i must be missing something.

As I've said before, I am not especially interested in Bicep - their production is excellent, but I find the tunes a little samey and not hugely engaging.

HOWEVER...

Their West Holts headline set was absolutely blistering. Incredible sound, really up for it crowd, spectacular lights (best white lasers I've ever seen) and a beefed up sound with many of their more electro-rhythmed tracks hardened to a four beat techno stomp. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

DJ set? Nah, not for me.

Ben

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, toohottoocold said:

The Dove description may have come from some sort of auto generator. I regularly get emails about upcoming Burial gigs and I fall for it every time. They are a metal band in the USA not a producer from Lambeth!

Yes, but the hover info over 'Dove' on the full line up gives the same blurb as on the DnB DJ's Resident Advisor page - on which there is also a Silver Hayes poster as his next gig.

Assuming it is a ruse, it's been quite well executed!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

On 6/10/2024 at 2:50 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Maybe check out DJ Paulette she is playing a couple of sets across the weekend - she was a Hacienda resident dj. Plays disco, house 🙂

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

As I've said before, I am not especially interested in Bicep - their production is excellent, but I find the tunes a little samey and not hugely engaging.

HOWEVER...

Their West Holts headline set was absolutely blistering. Incredible sound, really up for it crowd, spectacular lights (best white lasers I've ever seen) and a beefed up sound with many of their more electro-rhythmed tracks hardened to a four beat techno stomp. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

DJ set? Nah, not for me.

Ben

My take on Bicep is exactly the same, that WH gig was a belter but if I'm going to a DJ set it's not going to be Bicep unless their isn't anything else.

I think it has to be the on Levels, it will be funny if it's the other guy though.

I'm hoping to catch both of Goldie's sets, never seen him before.

Edited by Madyaker

@bennyhana22 

This is the type of dance music I like, please if possible could you recommend any other similar DJ's as I have no idea. Iam gonna try and watch her on Greenpeace stage.

Thanks very much

Edited by gazzared