Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Barneym said:

Does this group have an agreed meet up yet? (sorry if I’ve missed it) if I’m with it enough to talk at that stage it would be great to put some faces to names 

10 hours ago, Smozmorris said:

I'm up for a meet, I reckon earlier the better as most will be lost in our own worlds by then I guess. Ki ki/ Heidi I'll  be defo there on the one the 1's and 2's..lets go..boom!

Ok, team. 

So, I'm going to propose an E/D meet up at HAAi b2b KI/KI, Arcadia, Friday, 0045-0150h

Obviously there will be some challenges, both personal and geographical 😆. We don't know the set up of the Dragonfly yet - is it 'just' a front facing stage set up, or 360° like the Spider and Pangea? 

In general, I will be placed dead 'centre' of a stage/booth, at the optimum sound position 😂. That would be my plan for the Dragonfly, tho, as said, we do need to see what's what - with the Spider, the best place was right under the belly. 

I'll be wearing a cap, glasses and have a full beard. I'll be in shorts with a black Bandcamp T-shirt on. I'm...ahem...at the more mature end of the raver community!

Though I always want to leave the world outside, and so don't ever use my phone for anything other than WhatsApp/SMS at the festival, I could happily nip in here close to the start of the set, to see if anyone is trying to meet up and to coordinate where we are etc. 

Anyway, that's my proposal. Obviously, other meet-ups, in the daytime etc, would be great, so do try to get together, team. I've had some pretty cracking dancing with some of the E/D crew, so let's do it again. 

Ben

x

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Any reccomendations for sort of radio 1 dance style music, other than the obvious radio 1 dance takeover on Thursday? I know Danny Howard and Ariel’s free are both playing but more thinking any DJs I’ve maybe not heard of before that play that style of commercial dance? I know greenpeace usually has a few acts like that on over the weekend 

16 hours ago, Barneym said:

Does this group have an agreed meet up yet? (sorry if I’ve missed it) if I’m with it enough to talk at that stage it would be great to put some faces to names 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ok, team. 

So, I'm going to propose an E/D meet up at HAAi b2b KI/KI, Arcadia, Friday, 0045-0150h

Obviously there will be some challenges, both personal and geographical 😆. We don't know the set up of the Dragonfly yet - is it 'just' a front facing stage set up, or 360° like the Spider and Pangea? 

In general, I will be placed dead 'centre' of a stage/booth, at the optimum sound position 😂. That would be my plan for the Dragonfly, tho, as said, we do need to see what's what - with the Spider, the best place was right under the belly. 

I'll be wearing a cap, glasses and have a full beard. I'll be in shorts with a black Bandcamp T-shirt on. I'm...ahem...at the more mature end of the raver community!

Though I always want to leave the world outside, and so don't ever use my phone for anything other than WhatsApp/SMS at the festival, I could happily nip in here close to the start of the set, to see if anyone is trying to meet up and to coordinate where we are etc. 

Anyway, that's my proposal. Obviously, other meet-ups, in the daytime etc, would be great, so do try to get together, team. I've had some pretty cracking dancing with some of the E/D crew, so let's do it again. 

Ben

x

Hey Ben I will be there..look out for the oldest raver..me..I am old school and will be giving it plenty! Love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Really? Why don’t I know this? 

Can you recommend a set? 

Her Boiler Room set will show you what you need to know. 

Fair warning, I love Romy, but found the Boiler Room far too cheesy. 

But she samples a lot of old house/trance tunes so could be up your street. 

29 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Her Boiler Room set will show you what you need to know. 

Fair warning, I love Romy, but found the Boiler Room far too cheesy. 

But she samples a lot of old house/trance tunes so could be up your street. 

I’m a Sasha/ digs prog fan but there’s none this year so anything similar is welcome thanks 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I’m a Sasha/ digs prog fan but there’s none this year so anything similar is welcome thanks 

Just to manage expectations, it’ll be nothing like Sasha et al.

She samples older trance tunes and puts a cheesy spin on them. Just FYI (wouldn’t want your hopes built up!!). 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anon12465 said:

Any reccomendations for sort of radio 1 dance style music, other than the obvious radio 1 dance takeover on Thursday? I know Danny Howard and Ariel’s free are both playing but more thinking any DJs I’ve maybe not heard of before that play that style of commercial dance? I know greenpeace usually has a few acts like that on over the weekend 

Don't know if it's what your after but Ben Hemsley plays loads of all trance/hard house bangers 

• Like 1

Anyone listened to Anna's new Global Underground mixes? Anyone that's going to be playing a similar style on the farm, or is this the progressive sound that folks have reported as being missing this year. I'm terrible at identifying genres.

Edited by Johnnyseven

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

Sorry but was there a decision on a meet up? I always miss the official efest one as I can never get there until Friday evening. Was there talk of anything from this thread at the weekend? 

⬆️

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ok, team. 

Ben

x

@danbailey80 👆🏽 

Just one idea, as it's really difficult trying to pull together the magnificent variety of dance interests in the thread!

Ben

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ok, team. 

Ben

x

I’ll try and keep an eye out for you. I’ve been reading efestivals for the last 11yrs, since my first outing in 2013, but only recently started contributing. This year will be my 6th Glastonbury, first with my 17 month old boy, so not sure how things will go, but I’ve been keeping up to date where people may be, so hopefully I’ll find someone and come to say hello at some point.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ok, team. 

Ben

x

Great idea, perhaps any of us that are planning to go to the wed general meetup could try and make ourselves know to each other and that way know who to look out for at the dragon fly.

7 hours ago, donthaveacoolname said:

Great idea, perhaps any of us that are planning to go to the wed general meetup could try and make ourselves know to each other and that way know who to look out for at the dragon fly.

Cracking idea. I'll be at the meet at the Ridge & Furrow...

Ben

On 6/20/2024 at 4:24 PM, flyingmonkeypigs said:

I'd have thought it unlikely for an Arcadia set 

If anywhere it would be at Arcadia re prydz playing old tunes however he literally never plays them so i'd really doubt it

Not too sure what to expect tbh